    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2008
      www.workstylz.com now open! Stylish work clothes, Custom Dickies Gear

      Tuesday April 8th 2008 Issue #2707

      I've seen a lot of shows live that had something special: The Rock vs Hogan
      at WM X8, Hogan's thunderous ovation at RAW the following night in Montreal,
      Goldberg's WWE debut, Benoit finally winning the world title, Bret Hart
      being inducted into the Hall of Fame and others but nothing, and I mean
      nothing compares to yesterday night. Watching the Flair retirement
      celebration gave me goose bumps, even just writing about it now. To watch
      everyone including Vince and Undertaker - who rarely breaks character in
      front of the public - was just awesome. It was the best send off for the
      Nature Boy who certainly deserved every 'thank you' chanted and every clap
      from the crowd and his co-workers.

      I have a lot of great pictures from the after show which hopefully will be
      uploaded by next Monday.

      Order the new Triple H 'King of Kings' DVD now!
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/store
      Do you want to see the Hottest Girls in the Desert?
      Visit the Girls of Loaded Entertainment at
      http://www.LoadedEnt.com to see the best Phoenix has
      to offer. Get all the girls in the calendar or pick
      out a poster of your favorite girl!

      > AN EMOTIONAL SEND OFF FOR THE NATURE BOY
      - After Monday Night RAW went off the air yesterday night, Ric Flair and
      everyone else stayed there for a good twenty more minutes as fans kept
      chanting 'Thank you Ric' and woooing. When the music stopped, Taker's theme
      song kicked in as the sea of wrestlers in the ramp made way for the new
      World Heavyweight champion. Taker stepped in the ring, removed his jacket
      and hat, shook Flair's hand and hugged him for a big ovation from the crowd.
      Afterwards Taker did his trademark pose on his knee saluting the Nature Boy
      as Flair cried his eyes out. Taker left the ring, and joined the rest of the
      crew on the ramp clapping. Vince McMahon then rushed to the ring and hugged
      Flair for a good two minutes for the largest ovation from the crowd. Vince
      took Flair's hands and raised them up as the emotional Flair kept crying.
      Most of the Superstars also had tears in their eyes as Flair saluted the
      crowd for one last time. He did the strut, removed the jacket and gave it an
      elbow drop and a knee drop. Flair's family then joined him in the ring as
      the crowd continued to clap without stopping for the whole segment since it
      started on television. All the Superstars then moved to the two sides of the
      ramp as Flair - along with his family - walked in the middle, shaking hands
      with everyone before turning around waving to the crowd for one last time.
      You can see some pictures from the 'Taker and Vince segments which were off
      the air at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/News_9/Flair_post_RAW.shtml
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6146]

      > RAW DISAPPOINTS IN RATINGS
      - The Monday Night RAW's after WrestleMania usually generate a pretty good
      number for the company however this year it was not the case. The show did a
      rounded 3.9 rating off hours 3.7 and 4.0 and although up from the 3.4 of
      last week it's still down compared to other post-WM shows. (Ratings compiled
      by Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

      > HALL OF FAME SCORES BIG RATING
      - The WWE Hall of Fame on Saturday night at 11PM EST did a 2.1 rating which
      WWE has to be really happy with considering it aired very late at night. The
      replay did an additional 0.7 rating at quarter past two in the morning. The
      TV version of the Hall of Fame aired parts of the Rock's promo and
      inductions of his father and grandfather as well as a short piece of Ric
      Flair's speech. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online
      by PWInsider.com)

      > WWE LAUNCHES INVESTIGATION INTO PYRO ACCIDENT
      - WWE has launched an investigation into the fireworks accident that
      happened at WrestleMania according to the Orlando Sentinel. Up to 40 fans
      were injured and three were taken to a local hospital suffering from burns
      as a cable that was carrying live rockets snapped and hit fans in the upper
      deck as well as on the floor. Orlando fire officials held a news conference
      on Monday and said that the investigation is now in the hands of WWE and
      their fireworks contractor which is based in New York and has worked with
      them for more than ten years. All the pyro - costing upwards of $300,000 -
      were approved by the Orlando Fire Marshal as a nine-person team inspected
      pyro throughout the day. The Fire Marshal said that they found nothing wrong
      with the pyro and if they did, they would have stopped them on the spot.
      Several videos of the accident made it on YouTube.com.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6147]

      > WWE LETS SPORTS ILLUSTRATED WRITERS ATTEND WM REHEARSALS
      - WWE invited the writers of Sports Illustrated to watch some of the
      rehearsals prior to WrestleMania XXIV last Sunday. A story made it on SI.COM
      describing how Shane McMahon and Floyd Mayweather went over everything
      including the entrance. The article also notes that Triple H, Orton and Cena
      did some spots in street clothes while going over their match and how they
      were going to plan the finish. WWE usually never gives such access to people
      outside the company but with the huge promotion involving the Mayweather/Big
      Show angle WWE took every step to make sure that journalists and media who
      don't usually cover WWE have access to the show.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6148]

      > BRAD PITT, ANGELINA JOLIE RENT TAKER'S RANCH
      - The Undertaker has rented one of his homes in Texas to Hollywood
      Superstars Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie while Pitt films the movie Tree of
      Life. The ranch, located in Cedar Creek - has a bedroom bigger than most
      houses in the area according a to a report. "It wasn't that big originally.
      But Undertaker wanted a huge special bed, so we had to make the room a lot
      larger to accommodate it," the building contractor told Life & Style Weekly.
      The best part of the house is a full size WWE ring in a separate gym
      according to the contractor.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6145]