    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2008
      www.workstylz.com now open! Stylish work clothes, Custom Dickies Gear

      Monday March 3rd 2008 Issue #2684

      Nothing to say, back tomorrow.

      Order the new Stone Cold Steve Austin DVD now!
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/store
      Add our Ringside Live audio show to your iTunes!
      Go to http://www.wrestling-online.com/ringside
      and click on the 'Subscribe to iTunes' icon.
      RINGSIDE LIVE WITH IAN HAMILTON EVERY FRIDAY AT 7PM ET

      > HARDY RETURNS TO ACTION
      - Matt Hardy returned to the ring during the weekend at a live event in Fort
      Wayne, IN., and attacked the US champion MVP after successfully defending
      his title against Jimmy Wang Yang. Hardy has been out of action since mid
      November and on the 21st of the same month he underwent an emergency
      appendectomy in Tampa, FL. In December doctors found an infection and Hardy
      was once again admitted to a hospital for several days. He later appeared on
      the last RAW of 2007 where he was attacked by Randy Orton.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5974]

      > RAW PREVIEW FOR TONIGHT
      - Tonight on Monday Night RAW, Y2J Chris Jericho brings back his interview
      segment, the Highlight Reel and his guest will be the Intercontinental
      champion Jeff Hardy. Also tonight, the Big Show will be showcasing his
      skills against a professional boxer, Finlay will confront JBL and the
      Playboy Magazine cover featuring Maria will be revealed on television. We
      not only have the cover but all the pictures as well so in case you missed
      them, they are located at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/News_9/Maria_Playboy2.shtml

      > WWE VIDEOS ON BILLBOARD
      - The following WWE videos are on Billboard's Top 10 Recreational Sports
      chart for the week ending March 8th. After several weeks in the first place,
      'The Best Of Raw: 15th Anniversary 1993-2008' slipped to the second place as
      'The Legacy Of Stone Cold Steve Austin' debuts in the first place in its
      first week of release. 'The Shawn Michaels Story: Heartbreak & Triumph'
      jumps to third place from eighth followed by 'John Cena: My Life' in fourth
      and 'The Ladder Match' moves ten places from last week by coming in fifth.
      'Armageddon 2007' is in ninth place. UFC has three DVDs occupying the sixth,
      seventh and eighth places.

      > LESNAR TO FIGHT UFC HALL OF FAMER IN AUGUST
      - Brock Lesnar's next mixed martial arts match will be against UFC Hall of
      Famer Mark Coleman, and the two will meet at the August pay-per-view which
      will be held in Lesnar's home state of Minnesota. Coleman hasn't fought in
      the UFC since 1999 and his last three matches all ended in a loss. In early
      1999 he moved to PRIDE where he won 9 fights and lost 5. Lesnar lost his
      debut match in the UFC against Frank Mir last month however showed some
      pretty good potential for dominating the fight for 95% of the time only to
      make a rookie mistake and walk into a knee bar and tapping out.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5975]

      > PRESS RELEASE ISSUED FOR LIVE iMPACT!
      - TNA issued a press release about their live iMPACT! on Thursday March 27th
      along with the other two television tapings during the weekend in Orlando,
      FL. This will be TNA's first ever live iMPACT! on Spike TV and the company
      is hoping to get some extra exposure and business from the tens of thousands
      of fans who will be visiting Orlando that week for WrestleMania XXIV.
      "Thousands of pro wrestling fans will visit Orlando, the home of 'iMPACT,'
      at the end of March. We're celebrating by taking 'iMPACT' live for the first
      time ever so that fans from across the globe can experience the best
      professional wrestling available today," said TNA President Dixie Carter.
      TNA will also hold a taping on Friday and one on Saturday afternoon.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5967]

      > HOGAN: "I JUST WANT TO PROTECT MY FAMILY"
      - Former WWE champion Hulk Hogan had no comments to the National Enquirer
      when the publication contacted him regarding his affair with 33 year old
      Christiane Plante last year. Plante revealed to the Enquirer that she and
      Hulk had an affair while he was still living with his wife Linda. The two
      met while Plante was working with Hogan's daughter Brooke on her debut
      album. "I've got nothing to say," Hogan said. "I just want to protect my
      family." Brooke recently posted on her blog that she was going through one
      of the hardest issues she ever had to deal in her life and it involved her
      best friend and one of the closest family members who betrayed her together.
      Although she stopped short of mentioning any names, one doesn't have to be a
      rocket scientist to figure out who she's talking about.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5610]

      //->> WELCOME TO THE JUMBLE
      By Jen Robinson -[jenwrestlingonline@...]-

      Hello, Wrestling-Online fans, and Welcome to the Jumble!

      Many thanks to all of you who stopped by my new MySpace page and asked to be
      friends or left messages! It is all very much appreciated! (In case you want
      to check out my pictures from the Florida Championship Wrestling show on
      February 15th but didn't get the address, it's
      www.myspace.com/jenwrestlingonline.)

      I've had a couple of readers ask me for my thoughts on the paycheck Floyd
      Mayweather is going to be receiving for his match against Big Show at
      WrestleMania. Want my honest opinion? Twenty million dollars is about to be
      flushed down the toilet. Now maybe it's because I'm not a fan of boxing, but
      I just think paying Mayweather $20 million is ridiculous. Does he need the
      money? The answer is no. He is said to be a great fighter and obviously any
      fight he wins he gets a nice, big purse from it. So he definitely doesn't
      need $20 million of WWE's money. That money would be better spent on
      wrestling related gear, such as new equipment to replace what might be worn,
      or even sink it into WWE's developmental territory, Florida Championship
      Wrestling. Twenty million would go a long way in getting FCW really going.
      But again, this is all simply my opinion, for what it's worth.

      Are Randy Orton, John Cena, and Triple H sounding like little kids to anyone
      else besides me? "I'm better than you!" "No, I'm better!" "No, you're both
      wrong, I'm better!" Seriously, it's like they are standing on the playground
      yelling at each other over a game of Tag or something!

      Jerry Lawler throwing his crown at Maria to get her attention was classic
      King behavior! And Santino Marella being dumb enough to get distracted by
      Jerry's interest in Maria was classic Santino behavior! How in the world is
      he going to act once Maria's Playboy Magazine is out and everyone can see
      her in all her glory? Yeah, he's going to go just a little on the "cuckoo
      for Coco Puffs" side! (The King will, of course, be loving it!)

      Congrats to Chris Jericho for his win over Jeff Hardy in a great match and
      his subsequent admission into the "Money in the Bank" match at Mania!

      I've been waiting to see more of D.H. Smith, the son of the late "British
      Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith, but I didn't want to see him get completely
      squashed by Umaga!

      So according to JBL, self-proclaimed "wrestling god" and now private
      investigator, Hornswoggle isn't an illegitimate child of Vince McMahon but
      actually the son of Fit Finlay. Well, let's see - both have very light
      blonde hair, both dress in green, both are Irish, and both can dance a jig.
      Not exactly enough to prove they are father and son. It will be interesting
      to see Finlay's reaction to this allegation and where WWE decides to go with
      this.

      Congratulation to Rocky Johnson and the late High Chief Peter Maivia, the
      next two inductees announced for the Hall of Fame! It's pretty cool that
      Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, son of Rocky and grandson of the High Chief, will
      be there to induct them.

      Speaking of The Rock, did anyone read John Cena's comments about him in the
      interview Cena gave the United Kingdom's The Sun newspaper? In a nutshell,
      Cena bashed The Rock for not coming back once in a while to the WWE to give
      something back to the fans even though he claims to love wrestling.
      Apparently some of the wrestlers were angry with Cena for what he said, but
      should he be jumped on for his opinion? In his mind, The Rock has turned his
      back on the company that made him a star and got him involved in a
      successful film career. That's strictly his opinion and I don't think he
      should be judged harshly for it. However, I think he should be held
      responsible for the crude language he used. Did he really need to use the
      F-word and say that something pi$$ed him off? Certainly not! He was
      representing the WWE in this interview and did not need to use a potty
      mouth. Using that kind of language is fine if you're hanging around with
      friends but you do not use it in a business setting. Maybe the WWE should be
      more like NASCAR and start fining their employees for using bad language!

      Now even though I don't approve of the language Cena used in that interview,
      I must applaud him and the rest of the WWE for their work with the
      Make-A-Wish Foundation. Any person who gives up his or her free time to make
      a sick child happy is tops in my book!

      So ECW's Colin Delaney finally has a win! Of course it was Tommy Dreamer who
      actually pinned The Miz in their match, but a win is still a win, right? And
      now Delaney and Dreamer are going to have a shot at Miz and Morrison's tag
      team belts, too. Will they win them? To be honest, I'm going to have to say
      no. One win for Delaney is great but it was Dreamer who did most of the
      work. To be a decent tag team, both partners need to be involved in the
      matches. One partner doing it all just doesn't sound like a title-winning
      team to me. Perhaps this win will increase Colin's self esteem and lead him
      to become more involved and learn some new stuff from Dreamer that will help
      him become a better wrestler. I think that's what it will take for this team
      to be able to defeat an established team like Morrison and Miz.

      Okay, maybe it was just me, but it sure seemed like Elijah Burke and Shelton
      Benjamin were the ones doing most of the wrestling in the main event. CM
      Punk was there but every big move was coming from the other two. Punk was on
      the receiving end of some of them, but it just didn't seem like he was
      getting much offense of his own in. Then suddenly he grabs Burke for the GTS
      and pins him to become the number one contender to Chavo Guerrero's title. I
      really think either Shelton or Elijah deserved to win instead, just this
      once.

      Jamie Noble might've lost to Chuck Palumbo again but at least he had a sweet
      looking move during their match! Did you seem him do that somersault leap
      through the air to land on Palumbo as he was seated in the corner of the
      ring? Very nice!

      Maryse needs to stop kissing up to Vickie Guerrero. It was just this side of
      annoying. Then again, I guess Vickie needs a new "best friend" since the WWE
      got rid of Kristal Marshall.

      Michael Cole pointed out that MVP has not been able to secure a win over
      Batista in either singles or tag team matches. Really? I'm surprised at
      that. MVP is an awesome wrestler and can surely defeat Batista so why isn't
      the WWE allowing him to do so? Oh wait, Batista is getting a shot at MVP's
      United States title which will provide MVP with the perfect opportunity to
      finally get a win over The Animal. These earlier matches have just been
      building the drama so MVP's win will be that much more impressive. Sounds
      good to me because even though I like Batista I'd love to see MVP secure a
      victory over him.

      Miz and Morrison's episode of "The Dirt Sheet" claiming Jesse had been
      abducted by aliens was hilarious! I hope they get to do it again!

      I'm about to step in dog doo with some readers again because I'm going to
      say something not nice about The Undertaker. Did he really have to interrupt
      Big Daddy V and Balls Mahoney's match last Friday just because he was
      impatient to tear into Zack Ryder? If I was Taker I'd be ticked at Edge,
      too, and getting my hands on one of Edge's "minions" would probably feel
      pretty good, but what does that say about BDV and Mahoney? Wasn't their
      match important, too? I guess it's not really Taker's fault, though. The
      writers are the ones who got together and said, "Hey, let's have The
      Undertaker get impatient and interrupt the match before his! It will bring
      more excitement to the main event!" And perhaps it did bring more
      excitement, but I just think Mahoney and BDV should've been given the
      opportunity to finish their match first.

      Well, I think that's going to do it for me this week! Take care and I'll see
      ya in The Jumble!