    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2008
      www.workstylz.com now open! Stylish work clothes, Custom Dickies Gear

      Tuesday February 12th 2008 Issue #2668

      There was a mistake in yesterday's issue in the Stephanie McMahon news item.
      Steph gave birth in 2006 not last year as I reported. Thanks to Jen who
      pointed that out first!

      Ah 40 more days till Orlando. I can't wait! Back tomorrow.

      Order the new Stone Cold Steve Austin DVD now!
      Add our Ringside Live audio show to your iTunes!
      Go to http://www.wrestling-online.com/ringside
      and click on the 'Subscribe to iTunes' icon.

      - WWE announced its fourth quarter earning results this morning and profit
      rose to a whooping 38.6% over the same quarter of last year and beat
      analysts' predictions. For the quarter that ended December 31st WWE earned
      $21.5 million, or 30 cents per share, compared with $15.5 million, or 22
      cents per share last year. The company's revenue rose year over year to
      $132.6 million from $107.6 million. For the year, WWE earned $52.1 million,
      or 72 cents per share, on $485.7 million in revenue. This compares to a
      profit of $48.8 million, or 68 cents per share, on $415.3 million in revenue
      it reported in 2006. The full press release can be read at
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5884]

      - With the positive earnings report, WWE got some credit for their financial
      work as shares went up to over 7% today, trading at 16.40 at time of this
      writing. The biggest mover was consumer products, where WWE had an increase
      of 47% over the same period last year, thanks to strong sales of video
      games, DVDs, magazines etc. Trading also hit the 16.93 mark during the day
      and although high, it's still not close to their 52 week high of 18.60.
      Shares for the company closed at 15.31 yesterday.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5884]

      - The Fayette County Sheriff's office today issued a press release
      announcing the closure of the Chris Benoit double murder-suicide
      investigation from last year. The department said that investigators who
      worked on the case stand by their initial reports which had Chris first
      killing his wife and then his son before committing suicide. The Sheriff's
      office also said that there is no evidence that anyone else was involved in
      this case. The Benoit investigation took around 7 months to wrap up.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4802]

      - W-O Newsletter reader 'Museluv' attended the live RAW event in Seoul,
      South Korea and sent in the following results. Jeff Hardy defeated Carlito;
      Snitsky defeated Brian Kendrick; DH Smith defeated Charlie Haas; Mr. Kennedy
      defeated Val Venis; Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes defeated Lance Cade &
      Trevor Murdoch; Beth Phoenix defeated Mickie James; Ric Flair defeated
      William Regal; Shawn Michaels & Chris Jericho defeated Randy Orton & Umaga.

      - The new Steve Austin DVD titled 'The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin' is
      released nationwide today. The DVD features three discs for a total running
      time of 540 minutes with matches from his time in WCW, ECW and of course
      WWE. 21 matches are on these discs with lots of other interview segments.
      You can check out the full list of chapters at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/News_9/SCSA_Legacy_DVD.shtml . This DVD
      can be purchased for $19.99 from our Store.

      By Jen Robinson -[jenwrestlingonline@...]-

      Hello, Wrestling-Online fans, and Welcome to the Jumble!

      I wanted to start by sending my thoughts and prayers to the families of
      Gordon and Lynn Ouellette. Lynn Ouellette is the sister of Triple H, and her
      husband Gordon unexpectedly passed away on February 4th at the age of 41. My
      heart goes out to Lynn, their children Peter and Neysa, and all of their
      family and friends.

      Anyone else notice the influx of "SmackDown"/ECW stars on "Raw" last Monday?
      Victoria teamed with Beth Phoenix to take on Kelly and Mickie James (which
      would've been a great match for me if someone other than Kelly had been in
      it because I still don't see her as a "wrestler" yet) and Mark Henry showed
      up to attack John Cena during the contract signing with Randy Orton for
      their match at the upcoming PPV. Later Cena had to arm wrestle Henry (just
      what I wanted to see - arm wrestling for my main event). What gives? It's
      not necessarily a bad thing that WWE is doing some crossovers with their
      wrestlers, but if "Raw" and "SmackDown"/ECW are supposed to be separate
      brands then their wrestlers should not be appearing on the other show. Maybe
      this is yet another sign that the WWE is re-thinking the concept of separate

      Remember when I said I doubted that John Cena was back at 100% following his
      brief recovery from surgery? Well, I'm beginning to re-think that after
      seeing him FU Mark Henry!

      How funny was the segment involving five of the "Raw" Elimination Chamber
      contestants? I loved listening to them each get about two sentences in
      before being interrupted by another opponent. The best line of the whole
      thing was delivered by Shawn Michaels when he told Snitsky (the only
      non-Elimination Chamber participant), "You don't deserve squat except a
      dental hygienist." Great job, guys!

      I wish there were more Luchadores in the WWE for Super Crazy to wrestle. Not
      that his match with Mr. Kennedy was bad, but I used to love watching the
      Luchadores on WCW. I think the only time I see them now is on the Spanish
      channels. I don't know what the announcers are saying but I still get to see
      great wrestling!

      Thank God I did not have to see Vinnie Mac's rear end in HD! I hope those of
      you with HDTVs didn't gag too much during his segments last week!

      I'm so sorry that I don't have any ECW Jumblings this week. I missed the
      show Tuesday night and haven't had a chance to catch the replay on WWE.com.

      I had a good laugh when MVP, The Great Khali, and Big Daddy V (along with
      Ranjin Singh and Matt Striker) bailed out of the ring as fast as their legs
      could carry them when The Undertaker appeared during the opening segment of
      last Friday's "SmackDown!" I know it was in the script for them to do that,
      but come on now, everyone knows when the lights suddenly go out it means
      Taker is about to make an appearance!

      Speaking of the Elimination Chamber participants, I enjoyed their 6-man tag
      match but why did the ref throw the match out? Sure it got a little chaotic
      at the end, but isn't that what usually happens in tag matches involving a
      large number of wrestlers? It's one of the reasons why they should probably
      have two officials - one in the ring to make the counts and one outside to
      make sure no one is cheating. Another plus - having two refs increases the
      chances of double pinfalls and arguing over who actually won, which would
      then lead to rematches and amplified tension in feuds.

      Please, WWE writers, give Kane a storyline, a decent feud, something! The
      Big Red Machine is floundering and needs to re-gain some of his lost
      "monster-ness." (Yes, I know that's not a real word. Consider it a

      So Festus got help for his mood disorder and yet still changes from Dr.
      Jekyll to Mr. Hyde when the bells rings. If I was Jesse, I'd get my money
      back from that psychiatrist!

      Edge plans on asking Vickie a "life-altering" question this coming Friday. I
      think everyone assumes the question will be "Will you marry me?" but what if
      it's not? What if he asks her to fire Rey Mysterio instead? That would be a
      life-altering question, except that it would be Rey's life being altered,
      not Vickie's or Edge's.

      Hard to believe but this month marks eleven years that I've been a wrestling
      fan. (Thanks, Salkeir!!) I can't believe what's gone on in the wrestling
      world, both in the ring and out, during that time. Wrestlers have come,
      gone, and come back again. Beloved stars have entered the squared circle in
      the sky. Storylines stranger than an episode of "The Twilight Zone" have
      become the norm. The wrestling world has made a complete 360 degree
      transformation, and I'm so glad I was along for the ride!

      Take care, everyone, and I'll see ya in The Jumble!