    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2008
      www.workstylz.com now open! Stylish work clothes, Custom Dickies Gear

      Monday February 11th 2008 Issue #2667

      Argh I hate Mondays. At least it's pay week for me.

      We had some downtime on the website these past two days due to some problems
      at our provider but now everything should be back up and running without any
      problems.

      Order the new Stone Cold Steve Austin DVD now!
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/store
      Add our Ringside Live audio show to your iTunes!
      Go to http://www.wrestling-online.com/ringside
      and click on the 'Subscribe to iTunes' icon.
      RINGSIDE LIVE WITH IAN HAMILTON EVERY FRIDAY AT 7PM ET

      > TNA AGAINST ALL ODDS PPV RESULTS
      - TNA held their PPV 'Against All Odds' yesterday live from the BI-LO Center
      in Greenville, SC. The results are as follows: AJ Styles & Tomko defeated
      Bullet Bob Armstrong & B.G. James; Traci Brooks defeated Payton Banks; Scott
      Steiner defeated Petey Williams; Eric Young defeated James Storm; Awesome
      Kong defeated ODB; Abyss defeated Judas Mesias; Booker T vs Robert Roode
      ended in a double countout; Motor City Machineguns & Jay Lethal defeated
      Team 3D & Johnny Devine; Kurt Angle defeated Christian Cage.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5878]

      > BROOKE HOGAN AT THE GRAMMY AWARDS
      - Hulk Hogan's daughter Brooke attended the 50th annual Grammy Awards
      yesterday at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA., and looked absolutely
      fantastic. Sporting a long purple dress, Brooke looked like a young Heather
      Locklear on the red carpet and it was one of the few times that celebrity
      critics didn't bash her for her choice of wardrobe and make up. We have two
      high resolution pictures from her arrival which you can see at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/general/Brooke_Grammys.shtml

      > RAW PREVIEW
      - The following matches have been taped for tonight's Monday Night RAW.
      Maria vs Melina; Paul Burchill vs Brian Kendrick; Chris Jericho vs JBL; HBK
      vs Hardy; Vince McMahon vs Hornswoggle and John Cena vs Mark Henry. RAW was
      taped last Monday night following last week's show due to the overseas tour
      this week in the Far East.

      > CENA AND NASCAR DRIVERS IN GILLETTE COMMERCIAL
      - Gillette today announced a new television campaign for their newest razor
      featuring six NASCAR Elite Drivers and former WWE champion John Cena. The
      campaign, titled 'Wrestling Ring' will debut during FOX's telecast of the
      50th running of the Daytona 500 on Sunday, February 17th. The creative will
      feature the Gillette Young Guns drivers and Cena. Cena was part of the TV
      reality series 'Fast Cars & Superstars - The Gillette Young Guns Celebrity
      Race.' and was well liked by his competitors and trainers. The commercial -
      which introduces the new Gillette Fusion Power Phenom razor - features Cena
      and the NASCAR drivers inside a wrestling ring and this time it's Cena who's
      teaching the drivers, showing them wrestling moves until the Gillette Young
      Guns turn the tables on him. The commercial will run exclusively during
      NASCAR programming throughout the 2008 NASCAR season, including FOX and
      TNT's NASCAR race broadcasts. In addition, online and viral efforts are in
      development, and consumers can also view the commercial and exclusive
      behind-the-scenes footage by logging on to GilletteYoungGuns.com.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5879]

      > STEPHANIE MCMAHON PREGNANT...AGAIN!
      - Celebrity website TMZ.COM - which is owned by AOL - is reporting that
      Stephanie McMahon-Levesque is once again pregnant, just seven months after
      giving birth to her daughter Aurora Rose. She is expected to pop again in
      July of this year. Grandpa Vince must be really happy and probably hoping
      it's a boy! That guy Triple H didn't lose any time didn't he?
      Congratulations to the couple!
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5880]

      //->> TNA AGAINST ALL ODDS REPORT
      By Darrin Hill -[insideslam@...]-

      For the TNA Tag Team Championship, AJ Styles/Tomko retained their titles by
      defeating BG James/"Bullet" Bob Armstrong via pinfall. In a TNA Knockouts
      match, Traci Brooks defeated Payton Banks via pinfall. In the "Feast or
      Fire" briefcase match, "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner beat "Maple Leaf
      Muscle" Petey Williams via pinfall. For the TNA Drinking Championship,
      "Showtime" Eric Young retained his beer-bottle title belt by beating
      "Cowboy" James Storm via pinfall. For the TNA Knockouts Women's
      Championship, Awesome Kong retained her title by defeating ODB via pinfall.
      In Barred Wire Massacre 2, "The Monster" Abyss beat Judas Mesias w/"Father"
      James Mitchell via pinfall. The match between Booker T and Robert Roode was
      declared a double count-out. In the 6-man HARDCORE STREET FIGHT, Team 3-D
      (Brother Ray and Brother D-Von) and X-Division Champion Johnny Devine lost
      to The Motor City Machine Guns (Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley) and "Black
      Machismo" Jay Lethal via pinfall. And in the main event for TNA World
      Heavyweight Championship, "The Olympic Gold Medalist" Kurt Angle retained
      his title by defeating "The Instant Classic" Christian Cage via pinfall.

      PPV NOTES

      It should be an interesting TNA iMPACT show this Thursday on Spike TV. There
      were a lot of surprises that happened during "Against All Odds" that will
      need to explain. For example, now that Team 3D lost the Hardcore Street
      Fight, how will Brother Ray and Brother D-Von EVER get their weight down to
      275 pounds? What will happen to Tomko now that he has cost his friend
      Christian Cage a shot at retaining his championship? After the huge crowd
      pop, will Christian Cage become a babyface? Who was that dark skinned Amazon
      that helped Scott Steiner beat Petey Williams? With both briefcases
      containing contracts for a X Division Title match and a TNA Heavyweight
      Title match in his possession, which contract will Steiner use first? Will
      Kurt Angle be heavily fined by the fashion police for wrestling in white gym
      shoes and white tube socks w/red stripes? Now that "The War Machine" Rhino
      has returned, who will be next on his hit list? With Jay Lethal pinning
      Johnny Devine, he was crowned the new X Division Champion. "So Cal" Val
      showed her feelings for Lethal during that match when she was dragged into
      the ring by Brother Ray. What does the future hold for Lethal and Val? With
      Judas Mesias losing Barred Wire Massacre 2 to Abyss, is the war over between
      him and "Father" James Mitchell? Will ODB get a rematch with Awesome Kong?
      What happened to Payton Banks after Robert Roode snatched out of that
      Cadillac?

      PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS

      First off, it's sad that the South Carolina Sports Commission wouldn't allow
      TNA Wrestling to hold Barred Wire Massacre 2 at the the BI-LO Center. It was
      held instead at their usual venue at Universal Studios in Orlando. Not only
      was I disappointed in the match, but I'm not sure if it was live or taped
      delayed. It was advertised that there was going to be many weapons at
      ringside. There wasn't. Only weapons outside the ring was boards with barred
      wire nailed to it and a couple of barred wire wrapped metal folding chairs.
      Guess they couldn't find a baseball bat or a 2X4 or more weapons than that.
      Bottom line: I thought that it would have been bloodier than what it
      was..... My top three matches of the night: (1) Angle vs. Cage, (2) Kong vs.
      ODB, (3) Team 3D/Devine vs. Lethal/Sabin/Shelley. My worse three matches:
      (1) Roode vs. Booker T, (2) Young vs. Storm, (3) Abyss vs. Mesias..... They
      need to sign two matches for the next PPV: a bra & panties match between
      Traci Brooks and Payton Banks, and a cage match between Booker T and Robert
      Roode.... The funniest moment of "Against All Odds" was watching Brother Ray
      deliver a piledriver to a inflatable doll with a HUGE rack inside the ring.
      That thing bounced about 6-8 feet straight up. Watching that again during
      the replay was worth the wait..... When was the last time that a tag team
      title match was the curtain jerker match of the night? I think that it's
      disrespectful to have a title match so early in a PPV card..... Even though
      my cousin hates "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal, he should be applauded for
      carrying the last 10-15 minutes of the hardcore street fight without his
      partners, The Motor City Machine Guns..... Somebody needs to find out who
      was that blonde chick in the front row in the black strapless dress with the
      HUGE knockers. She's a knockout if I ever saw one. Speaking of my cousin, I
      can't tell who's in love with more: Traci Brooks or ODB. He said that ODB
      reminds him of a female standup comic named Lisa Lampanelli. Personally, I
      love Traci.... Karen Angle and Don West are starting to get on my nerves.
      Hopefully, the returning Scott Hudson will be sitting next to Mike Tenay
      shortly.

      * Darrin Hill is a freelance wrestling writer. He has been covering pro
      wrestling in Detroit for over 10 years. His resume includes: covering
      WrestleMania 23 and other PPV cards, writing wrestling columns for the
      Detroit News, and hosting his own Detroit-area wrestling program called;
      "INSIDE SLAM!" He can be reached at: insideslam@....