    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2008
      workstylz.com now open! Stylish work clothes! Custom Dickies Gear etc

      Sunday February 3rd 2008 Issue #2662

      It's Super Bowl Sunday! Wouldn't it be funny if the Patriots choke in the
      finals after being undefeated for the whole season? LOL. Okay, now don't
      start sending me hate mail. I like watching NFL, but I don't have a favorite
      team so to speak. NFL isn't that big over this side of the world although
      the sport has its own share of fans but it doesn't come close to our
      definition of football (you know, that other sport where you actually use
      your feet, hence the name football!) Since it airs in the early morning here
      I have to be happy with watching it on tape tomorrow after work. Yeah, I'll
      know the result as soon as I load up my browser in the morning but that's
      alright. I will still watch regardless!

      Purchase tickets for WrestleMania and other WWE events
      and get free FedEx shipping worth $14.95!
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/store
      Add our Ringside Live audio show to your iTunes!
      Go to http://www.wrestling-online.com/ringside
      and click on the 'Subscribe to iTunes' icon.
      RINGSIDE LIVE WITH IAN HAMILTON EVERY FRIDAY AT 7PM ET

      > LESNAR TAPS OUT IN FIRST FIGHT IN UFC
      - Brock Lesnar came up short in his first UFC match against Frank Mir
      yesterday in Las Vegas as he tapped out in the first round with only 1
      minute 30 seconds in. Lesnar started out strong going successfully for a
      takedown in the first 5 seconds of the fight and pounding on Mir but the ref
      stopped the former WWE champ for punching Mir in the back of the head. Soon
      after the fight restarted Lesnar exploded on Mir again unloading a fury of
      punches and taking him down again but one mistake by Lesnar cost him the
      fight as the experienced Mir grabbed him in a knee bar and Lesnar tapped
      out. While Lesnar - expectedly - got more boos coming in, he received a good
      ovation as he walked to the back. For those of you who didn't see the match,
      you can check it out at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/general/Lesnar_UFC_match.shtml
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5417]

      > WRESTLING SUPERSTARS IN LAS VEGAS FOR UFC SHOW
      - 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin, John 'Bradshaw' Layfield, The Undertaker, Kurt
      Angle and Lesnar's wife, former WWE Diva Sable were all in attendance for
      the first Brock Lesnar match in the UFC yesterday at the Mandalay Bay in Las
      Vegas, NV. All the wrestling celebrities were shown on screen and all
      received a big pop, especially 'The Rattlesnake' who got the biggest ovation
      of them all. Shane McMahon - a big MMA fan - was not present at the match.
      There is some sort of rivalry between WWE and UFC due to the PPV business
      however it seems that everything was set aside for this match with UFC
      advertising Lesnar's debut on WWE.COM all week and even doing work with TNA
      Wrestling.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5850]

      > FLAIR VS SHAWN MICHAELS AT WRESTLEMANIA?
      - Ric Flair is set to have his last match in the WWE at WrestleMania, and
      rumors have popping up for the past year that the Nature Boy will also be
      inducted into the Hall of Fame the day before getting the 'main event' spot
      of the evening. Now reports have surfaced that the man who will beat Flair
      and end his run will be none other than Shawn Michaels. While nothing has
      been confirmed yet, a Flair/HBK match will surely not disappoint although
      many feel that one of the 'younger' Superstars should be in the match rather
      than Michaels as it will help more than it will help HBK in his career.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5854]

      > BIG OPENING WEEK FOR ROCK'S MOVIE ON DVD
      - The Rock's movie 'The Game Plan' had quite a good opening in DVD rentals,
      generating a total revenue of $10.22 million in just seven days. The DVD was
      released on January 21st in three different formats - widescreen, full
      screen and the high-def Blu-Ray disc. The movie did a total of $90,263,428
      in domestic box office sales till late last month and an additional
      $20,657,075 in overseas revenue.