    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2008
      THE WRESTLING GAME join now for free - http://www.thewrestlinggame.eu

      Wednesday January 2nd 2008 Issue #2638

      Well here we go, first issue of 2008. Back tomorrow.

      Order now the RAW 15th Anniversary DVD for $19.99
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/store/
      Add our Ringside Live audio show to your iTunes!
      Go to http://www.wrestling-online.com/ringside
      and click on the 'Subscribe to iTunes' icon.
      RINGSIDE LIVE WITH IAN HAMILTON EVERY FRIDAY AT 7PM ET

      > WRESTLEMANIA 2010 SHIRT SPARKS RUMORS
      - A recent interview with hockey legend Wayne Gretzky in a Swedish newspaper
      sparked some interest in the world of professional wrestling as the picture
      accompanying the article had Gretzky sporting a WrestleMania 2010 long
      sleeve shirt. Yes, you read right, WrestleMania 2010. Gretzky - part owner
      and head coach of the Phoenix Coyotes - had the black shirt on which carried
      the slogan 'Destruction in the Desert' with the WWE and WrestleMania logos.
      One would assume that Phoenix is interested in hosting the 26th annual
      WrestleMania judging by the shirt although it's safe to say that it is way
      too early to say which city would be hosting it considering it's more than
      two years away. Phoenix will be hosting this year's NFL Superbowl at the
      73,000 seater University of Phoenix Stadium. You can see the picture of
      Gretzky with the shirt at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/News_9/Gretzky_WM2010.shtml
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5706]

      > RAW TO AIR ON HD STARTING ON 1/21 ON DIRECTV
      - With the Royal Rumble airing in HD this month, RAW and Smackdown! will be
      switching to HD as well this month. While it has been known for months that
      Smackdown! will be switching along with the rest of the original programming
      on The CW Network, we received word today from NBC Universal that RAW will
      start transmitting in HD as well this month. Brad Bernstein, Senior Press
      Manager for USA Network told us earlier today that RAW will go HD on January
      21st on DirecTV and some Comcast cable systems. While details are still
      being worked out with some providers, DirecTV is confirmed to be airing
      their first RAW in HD on 1/21.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5702]

      > THE COACH REPLACES JBL ON SMACKDOWN!
      - If you thought he was annoying on RAW, well now you have to hear him every
      week on Smackdown! With JBL moving to RAW as a performer, WWE chose Jonathan
      'The Coach' Coachman as their play-by-play to team up with Michael Cole for
      their Smackdown! broadcasts. Coach's first show was taped Sunday and will
      air this Friday night on the CW Network. Coach began his career with WWE
      back in 1999 and was assigned several different positions throughout the
      years and slowly worked his way up to be one of the heels on RAW, as the
      Executive Assistant to Mr McMahon. While on RAW he was part of a three-men
      commentary team along with JR and The King, a move that was widely
      criticized and eventually Coach was dropped from his commentary role once.
      He now leaves RAW for a permanent place on Smackdown! filling the void left
      by the former WWE champ.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5707]

      > WWE VIDEOS ON BILLBOARD
      - The following videos are on Billboard's Top 10 Recreational Sports chart
      for the week ending January 5th. 'The Triumph And Tragedy Of World Class
      Championship Wrestling' debuts in the first place followed by 'John Cena: My
      Life' in second and 'The Shawn Michaels Story: Heartbreak & Triumph' in
      third. 'Rey Mysterio: The Biggest Little Man' is in seventh and
      'WrestleMania 23' in eighth.

      > 'THE GAME PLAN' ON DVD AND BLU-RAY ON 1/22
      - The Rock's most successful movie since 'The Scorpion King' will be hitting
      the stores on DVD and Blu-Ray on January 22nd. 'The Game Plan' will be out
      on DVD in two formats - widescreen and full screen - along with the high-def
      version. You can purchase the DVD version for $16.99 or else the Blu-Ray
      version for $23.95 from our Store at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/store/ The movie did a total of $88,649,123
      in domestic box office revenue till Christmas Day.