    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2007
      Advertise on Wrestling-Online.com for only $15 per month. E-mail Us!!

      Monday December 10th 2007 Issue #2625

      Well I'm quite pumped up for tonight's RAW. It's been a while since I've
      been seriously looking forward to a particular WWE show. Having some old
      timers back will bring in some nice nostalgia moments. Hopefully it will
      deliver after all this hype.

      Pre-order the RAW 15th Anniversary album for $14.99!
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/store/
      Add our Ringside Live audio show to your iTunes!
      Go to http://www.wrestling-online.com/ringside
      and click on the 'Subscribe to iTunes' icon.
      RINGSIDE LIVE WITH IAN HAMILTON EVERY FRIDAY AT 7PM ET

      > RAW 15TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL ON USA NETWORK TONIGHT
      - For WWE, tonight is as big as a pay-per-view night. For the past fifteen
      years, Monday Night RAW has been the flagship show of the company and in
      just a few hours one of the most awaited RAW episodes will go on air on USA
      Network at 8PM EST for three hours. Special guests such as Hulk Hogan, Mick
      Foley, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Eric Bischoff, Lita, Trish Stratus, Sunny
      and other unannounced individuals who will be a surprise will participate in
      this history-making show. Just two matches have been announced so far, the
      ladder match between Jeff Hardy and Carlito for the Intercontinental title
      and a battle royal featuring Superstars who have been part of RAW over the
      past fifteen years. Oh yeah, HHH, Ric Flair, Batista and Randy Orton reunite
      for one night only as Evolution and the McMahons get their in-ring family
      portrait with Hornswoggle!
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5596]

      > FANS VOTE FOR GREATEST RAW MOMENT
      - Over the past few weeks, fans on WWE.COM had the opportunity to vote for
      the fifteen greatest moments in RAW history. The poll ended today and here's
      how the fans voted. First Monday Night RAW show came in #15, Y2J making his
      WWE debut at #14, McMahon's limo explodes is #13, first ever WWE draft is
      #12, 'Dr. Austin' visiting Vince McMahon at the hospital came in in #11,
      Eric Bischoff appointed as RAW general manager is #10, Triple H marrying
      Stephanie McMahon sits in #9, Mankind winning the WWE title is in #8, live
      sex with Edge and Lita at #7, the longest non-wrestling segment ever 'This
      is your life, Rock' is at #6, Mike Tyson meets Steve Austin is at #5, DX
      invades WCW at #4, The Rock and Hogan face-to-face showdown at #3, Austin's
      first beer bath to the Corporation at #2 and Shane McMahon 'buying' WCW and
      appearing on Nitro comes in at #1.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5596]

      > RON KILLINGS AND TNA PART WAYS
      - Ron 'The Truth' Killings has announced that he got his release from TNA
      Wrestling and is accepting bookings to wrestle on the independent scene.
      Killings' involvement with TNA wasn in jeaopardy earlier this year after he
      resigned from TNA but the company refused to give his release. He eventually
      returned two months afterwards at the Hard Justice pay-per-view for a
      showdown with NFL player Adam 'Pacman' Jones. The two teamed up and defeated
      Sting and Kurt Angle to win the TNA tag team belts at No Surrender but
      dropped the gold a month later. Killings was one of the TNA Superstars who
      were supposed to be a part of a TNA/NJPW event in Japan but the former champ
      no-showed.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5653]

      > TNA TO VISIT NINE CITIES FOR LIVE EVENTS
      - Starting at the end of this month, TNA Wrestling will be visiting nine
      cities in the United States and Canada bringing TNA action to places the
      company never went before. For four days starting on December 27th, TNA will
      be live in Montreal, Quebec City, Gatineau and Oshawa. Then in January on
      the 9th they will visit Belton, TX., Dallas, TX., on the 11th, Oklahoma
      City, OK., on the 12th, Troy, OH., on the 25th and Youngstown, OH., on the
      next day. This will be a good way for TNA to make some money as their
      iMPACT! television tapings are free to those visiting Universal Studios in
      Orlando.

      //->> WELCOME TO THE JUMBLE
      By Jen Robinson -[jenwrestlingonline@...]-

      Hello, Wrestling-Online fans, and Welcome to the Jumble!

      I may be in the minority here but I thoroughly enjoyed Mr. Kennedy’s skit
      last Monday with “Shawn Michaels” and his closest friends/rivals, “Marty
      Jannetty,” “Razor Ramon,” and “Big Daddy Cool Diesel.” I thought it was a
      great way to keep the feud between Kennedy and the real HBK hopping,
      especially since the actual men in question (Marty Jannetty, Scott Hall, and
      Kevin Nash) are real-life friends of Shawn’s (at least I know Nash and Hall
      are and I was pretty sure Shawn was still friends with Jannetty, too). Plus
      the skit gave Kennedy the chance to slip in a jab at Scott Hall by thanking
      the fake “Razor” for showing up after Hall no-showed the TNA pay-per-view
      supposedly because of food poisoning. Don’t you just love it when rival
      wrestling organizations try to make fun of the other or try to ruin their
      rival’s storylines (such as when WCW’s commentators announced that Mick
      Foley’s Mankind character was winning the Heavyweight title on “Monday Night
      Raw” prior to the show airing)?

      Did anyone else get a big kick out of Triple H telling William Regal that he
      would Pedigree his own father-in-law, who we all know is Vinnie Mac, in
      order to get a title shot? Maybe it was just me but I laughed pretty hard
      when he said that!

      All hail the return of the APA! I wish this was going to be a permanent
      thing but it looks like JBL and Ron Simmons won’t be reuniting, at least for
      the time being. Maybe we’ll get lucky and they’ll return to tag team action
      in the near future.

      I was a little disappointed that the Chris Jericho/Umaga match actually
      started during the commercial break when it was the “main event” of “Raw’s”
      first hour. I know commercials have to be run at certain times during the
      night, but I really thought the first main event of the evening would be
      shown in it’s entirety or at least be allowed to start when the cameras were
      actually rolling.

      Weird déjà vu moment during HBK’s match against Randy Orton - when he
      accidentally kicked the time keeper, I flashed back to the Iron Man Match at
      “WrestleMania 12” when he did the same thing during his match against Bret
      Hart. I think it was the ring announcer he kicked back then, but it was
      still déjà vu!

      ECW’s Kevin Thorn changed his appearance again last Thursday! Now he’s just
      wearing bright red trunks and black boots. Hmmm, black and red - maybe he
      can team with Kane and together they could take over ECW and “SmackDown.”
      (Hey, it’s a thought! Maybe not a brilliant thought, but a thought
      nonetheless!)

      Kelly is beginning to show some (key word: SOME) improvement in her
      wrestling ability, but she was definitely no match for Victoria during their
      mixed tag match with their respective partners, Balls Mahoney and Kenny
      Dykstra. I still wish Victoria was back on “Raw” where the Women’s Title is,
      though. I would love to see her competing against Beth Phoenix!

      CM Punk versus Mark Henry was a yawn-a-minute for me. No offense at all to
      Punk because he did everything he could to make the match tolerable. I’m
      just not sure what, if anything, can be done to make Henry bearable.

      Jamie Noble needs a girlfriend. Or maybe a mannequin or a blow-up doll would
      suffice. At any rate, he tried hitting on Vickie Guerrero and that never
      worked, so now’s he moved on to Michelle McCool. Guess what, Jamie? This
      will probably not work either! Then again, never say never! Perhaps this has
      all been a plot between Michelle and Jamie to embarrass Chuck Palumbo. Only
      time will tell!

      Speaking of Vickie, the thought of her and Edge just gives me the creeps.
      It’s not that I think she’s being disrespectful to Eddie’s memory because
      Eddie has been gone now for two years and she’s trying to move on without
      him, which could mean finding love again with someone else. It’s just
      something about the pairing of her and Edge as a couple on TV that makes me
      cringe.

      I’m all for people wanting to get the message out that drugs are bad for you
      and you should “just say no,” but I kind of felt like Michael Hayes was
      trying to make all of the Von Erich brothers out to be drug addicts (except
      for the eldest brother Jack who died as a child). Maybe they were, I don’t
      honestly know. From what I’ve read, I wouldn’t have said they were all drug
      addicts, but I don’t know them personally and can’t say for sure. I’m aware
      that several of them did indeed have drug problems and that those problems
      could very easily have led to depression and thoughts of suicide. However,
      they certainly aren’t the only ones in the history of the wrestling business
      to be addicted to some kind of substance. I can’t believe they were the only
      ones in the history of the WCCW to suffer from addictions, either. It just
      seemed, I don’t know, maybe immature or irresponsible is the right word I’m
      looking for, of Michael Hayes to harp on the Von Erichs and act like they
      were bad because they had issues with drugs. He never came right out and
      said anything nasty about them, but to me it was implied. There are better
      ways of getting the word out that drugs aren’t good. Perhaps Hayes should
      talk about his own experiences with drugs, since it sounded like he and the
      other Freebirds were party guys, too. Let the Von Erichs rest in peace.

      Woo hoo, Kane didn’t have to wrestle Mark Henry or Big Daddy V last Friday!
      He actually got to wrestle Edge! I enjoyed the match, too, which can not be
      said of anything involving Henry or BDV. I liked the little twist at the
      end, too, with The Undertaker grabbing Edge by the throat in the dark, only
      to be hit with a spear from Batista when the lights came back on. I’m
      thinking a tag team match is definitely in order - Kane and Taker versus
      Edge and Batista. It’s too bad Kane isn’t going to be in the title match at
      “Armageddon,” though. That would’ve made the match perfect.

      Finally, I just want to say how happy I am that the “SmackDown” and ECW
      superstars (and all of the other passengers) who were on the plane in
      Switzerland that had to abort it’s landing because another plane flew into
      it’s path are okay. Lots of accolades should be given to the pilot who was
      able to bring the plane back up into the sky when he realized that another
      plane was in the way of the landing strip. He avoided what could’ve been a
      horrific collision!

      Take care, everyone, have fun watching the “Raw” Anniversary special, and
      I’ll see ya in The Jumble!