    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2007
      Advertise on Wrestling-Online.com for only $15 per month. E-mail Us!!

      Monday December 3rd 2007 Issue #2619

      Another day, another week and getting more closer to Christmas. My favorite
      time of the year. Not that I get loaded with presents mind you, but it's
      nice atmosphere all around. Plus it's super dead at work with everyone on
      their little holiday so it's great. No one bothers you! :)

      Not much going on today...back tomorrow.

      Buy John Cena's new triple disc DVD set 'My Life'
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/store/
      ACE WRESTLING - Fantasy Play By Mail Game
      Create & Manage Your Own Wrestlers
      WIN CASH & PRIZES!!!
      For Info: http://www.acepbm.4t.com

      > TNA TURNING POINT PPV RESULTS
      - It was a rare pay-per-view where the World Title was not on the line and a
      PPV where an advertised Scott Hall failed to show up to be a part of the
      main event! The results from yesterday's TNA Turning Point are as follows:
      Samoa Joe, Eric Young & Kevin Nash defeated Kurt Angle, AJ Styles & Tomko;
      Abyss & Raven defeated Black Reign & Rellik in a 10,000 thumbtacks match;
      Gail Kim defeated Awesome Kong by DQ; Team 3D & Johnny Devine defeated Jay
      Lethal & The Motor City Machineguns in a tables match; Booker T & Kaz
      defeated Christian Cage & Robert Roode; Eric Young defeated James Storm;
      Angelina Love & Velvet Sky defeated ODB & Roxxi Laveaux; Scott Steiner,
      Senshi, Petey Williams & B.G. James were the winners of the 'Feast or Fired'
      match and contents of the four briefcases will be revealed on the next
      iMPACT! episode. Three will get title shots while one will get the pink
      slip.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5635]

      > HALL BLAMES FOOD POISONING FOR NOT SHOWING UP
      - Failure to show up at an event is one of the biggest sins for a
      professional wrestler and an act that can easily get you on the 'sh!tlist'
      of many people. While it's bad not showing up, it's even worse when you're
      in the main event of a pay-per-view where even fans at home are paying to
      see you perform. Scott Hall was scheduled to be part of yesterday's main
      event on TNA Turning Point, teaming up with his old - in every sense of the
      word - tag team partner Kevin Nash and Samoa Joe to take on Kurt Angle, AJ
      Styles and Tomko. According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, Hall
      called TNA to let them know that he won't be present for the pay-per-view
      due to food poisoning which considering Hall's credibility, many people
      might find it hard to believe. While never say never in the wrestling
      business, TNA is probably going to move away from making business with Hall
      for the foreseeable future.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5635]

      > SMACKDOWN!/ECW OFF TO EUROPE
      - Smackdown! and ECW tapings were held yesterday as the two brands head out
      to Europe for yet another tour. The tour starts tomorrow with two shows in
      Ireland on the 4th and 5th in Belfast at the Odyssey Arena. Then they travel
      to Germany for a show on the 6th in Frankfurt at the Festhalle and on the
      7th their last show in Zurich, Switzerland at the Hallenstadion. This is the
      final worldwide tour for the year 2007 with the next tour being in South
      Korea in February of next year.

      > WWE LAWSUIT AGAINST JAKKS THROWN OUT BY NY FEDERAL COURT
      - JAKKS Pacific Inc., announced yesterday that a New York federal district
      court will dismiss a lawsuit from WWE that accused the toy maker of bribery
      and other actions. The lawsuit which was initiated by WWE asked for the
      termination of their toy and video game license which is considered one of
      JAKKS' best asset. The two companies are still working together however
      releasing tons of new action figures and popular video games for all
      consoles. State court litigation between the two parties is still pending.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5636]

      //->> WELCOME TO THE JUMBLE
      By Jen Robinson -[jenwrestlingonline@...]-

      Hello, Wrestling-Online fans, and Welcome to the Jumble!

      Thank goodness for the return of Chris Jericho and his special brand of
      humor! I absolutely loved his "Orton-ization" of the sentence "Me want title
      match," especially the use of Cookie Monster to symbolize the word "want."
      That really took me back to my childhood watching "Sesame Street!" Of course
      Sandusky-Sanchico-Santaco-Santa Maria-Santino Marella had to try to spoil
      the party by confronting Jericho and then attacking Jerry "The King" Lawler
      to "give Jericho something to think about" while Santino got ready for their
      match. I thought Jericho looked great in the ring and didn't appear (at
      least to me) to be suffering from ring rust at all. (Honestly, I didn't
      figure he would be rusty since he seemed to be keeping in great ring shape
      even when he wasn't in the ring.) After pinning Santino for the win, Jericho
      switched places with Lawler and gave the King a chance at revenge against
      Santino for the earlier attack. Loved that part, too!

      Here I thought the only childhood memory that "Raw" was going to give me was
      the "Sesame Street" one, but then came the segment with Hornswoggle
      "painting" a hole in the wall to escape from Carlito, a la "The Looney
      Tunes!" Ron Simmons just made the whole thing even better by popping in to
      give us a hearty "Damn!" after Carlito attempted to follow Hornswoggle
      through the hole and ended up knocking himself silly!

      As much as I like the tag team of Triple H and Jeff Hardy, I'm looking
      forward to the two of them squaring off against each other at "Armageddon."
      Should be great!

      Was anyone fooled into thinking that Ric Flair was actually going to
      announce his retirement? Sure it was the perfect place for such an
      announcement since they were in "Flair Country," but it was all too
      contrived for me to believe it was real. I've come to realize that when the
      announcers and other employees go on and on about one certain thing (like a
      retirement) that it normally means the wrestler in question is NOT going to
      announce that particular thing that's being talked about. Rumors have been
      flying that Flair will be inducted into the Hall of Fame before
      "WrestleMania" next year in Orlando, but that has not been made official
      yet. However Vince McMahon declared that Flair must win all of his upcoming
      matches in order to stay with the company. One loss and he's gone. If Flair
      is staying until "Mania," which to me would be the best place to have a last
      match before retirement, then that means Flair is going to have to defeat
      everyone he wrestles from now until then. Good thing Vince said he didn't
      care HOW Flair won, just that he HAD to win. That means even if Vince puts
      Flair into a match against someone like Khali that he can live up to his
      moniker as "The Dirtiest Player in the Game" and continue on with his career
      by cheating to win, just as he did later that night against Randy Orton.

      I can't call Kelly and Layla's match on ECW a good one because it simply
      wasn't. However, I did think both women showed some athletic ability and
      could potentially be viable wrestlers in the future. I never thought Candice
      Michelle would be anything but eye candy for the guys, but just look at how
      far she's come!

      It's still amazing to me how cohesive a team John Morrison and The Miz have
      become! They were truly on the same page during their match against Jesse
      and Festus, even performing several maneuvers that wouldn't have worked
      without both of them participating. Great job, guys!

      Kane was once again cannon fodder for Mark Henry and Big Daddy V. My only
      question is WHY??? They're both powerful but are lacking in their wrestling
      ability, while Kane is a good mix of both power and ability. Please, WWE,
      find someone else for Kane to feud with! Give us back The Big Red Machine we
      all know and love!

      I must apologize for a lack of jumblings about last Friday's "SmackDown." I
      only got to see bits and pieces of the show, so I may have missed something
      important that happened. Shame on me, I know! But from what I did see, the
      show seemed pretty entertaining with matches that included Kane teaming with
      Rey Mysterio to take on MVP and Big Daddy V (the talent of Kane, Rey, and
      MVP made up in a big way for BDV's lack of talent) and Edge versus Batista
      in a match that saw the return of Teddy Long at it's conclusion (it was
      really great to see him again).

      A word of warning before you continue reading - the end of this column is
      about the Nick Bollea situation. So if you've had it up to here with the
      whole thing, then I'll see ya next week in The Jumble! For those who would
      like to know what I think about the latest developments, please continue
      reading. Thanks!

      The Clearwater Police have now released the official report about Nick's car
      crashing into the palm tree back in August. We already knew Nick had alcohol
      in his system at the time of the crash, but at the time we didn't know where
      he had gotten it from. Well, we do now - Daddy bought it. He then took Nick
      and his friends out sailing and drinking before returning to shore and
      watching Nick drive off with his friends. Up until now I have not actually
      said anything regarding Terry and Linda Bollea's parenting skills. I haven't
      called them bad parents or said they were stupid for not trying to keep a
      tighter leash on Nick. I'm about to change that. How could Terry buy his
      underage son and his friends alcohol and then watch them drive off? Granted,
      he was not the father of Nick's friends and some of them were old enough to
      drink and make their own decisions about driving, but why didn't he
      discourage them from leaving? Some might say he could've discouraged them,
      but I find that hard to believe when he allowed Daniel Jacobs to drive his
      own silver Viper that night. You don't discourage people from drinking and
      driving by handing them the keys to your car so they can drive somewhere
      when you know good and darn well that they've been drinking. That was just a
      stupid, irresponsible thing to do.

      Anyone hear the 911 calls placed by people who saw the accident happen?
      Every single person says either "racing" or "drag racing" during their
      conversations with the dispatchers when describing what caused the crash.
      Nothing about "They were driving slow but hit a puddle and hydroplaned,"
      which is apparently what Nick told everyone at the hospital that night.
      Funny how all of these witnesses, who didn't even know the driver of the
      yellow car was the son of Hulk Hogan, said the accident happened because of
      excessive speed, isn't it? Were they all lying? And even funnier is the part
      of the report where Daniel admits to racing with Nick at speeds of 100 miles
      per hour or more at the time of the crash. Daniel must have lied, too,
      right? But if Nick's story was right and all of the other stories were
      wrong, then why did the family's attorneys try to keep the police from
      searching the wreckage for evidence and didn't want them to take Nick's
      blood at the hospital? Wouldn't that have proven Nick was telling the truth?
      Luckily the police put their foot down and said they were definitely going
      to search the car AND obtain Nick's blood as a part of their investigation,
      just as they would've done with any other driver involved in a crash that
      caused serious injuries or death, famous or not. Kudos to them for not
      caving in just because the driver was a famous person's son!

      That will do it for me this week. Take care and I'll see ya in The Jumble!