    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      Advertise on Wrestling-Online.com for only $15 per month. E-mail Us!!

      Thursday November 1st 2007 Issue #2595

      Hope you had a nice Halloween. Unfortunately I didn't find a Great Khali
      costume so I guess I'll have to wait till next year to maybe get in the
      Halloween spirit. LOL.

      Ringside Live returns tomorrow as Ian Hamilton is joined by Keith Lipinski
      as our regular co-host Adam Firestorm is out for two weeks. It will be on at
      8PM EST / Midnight GMT rather than 7PM EST because of the daylight savings
      time difference. The show will be back in its regular 7PM EST timeslot next
      week. More at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/ringside

      Buy Batista's bio 'Batista Unleashed' for only $17.16
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/store/
      Add our Ringside Live audio show to your iTunes!
      Go to http://www.wrestling-online.com/ringside
      and click on the 'Subscribe to iTunes' icon.
      RINGSIDE LIVE WITH IAN HAMILTON EVERY FRIDAY AT 7PM ET

      > WWE ANNOUNCES 3Q 2007 FINANCIALS
      - WWE today announced their financial results for the third quarter ending
      September 30th 2007. Revenues totaled $108.1 million as compared to $93.2
      million in the prior year quarter while operating income was $13.4 million
      as compared to $12.5 million in the prior year quarter. Net income was $8.5
      million, or $0.12 per share, as compared to $9.2 million, or $0.13 per
      share, in the prior year quarter. Live and Televised events and Digital
      Media were among the sections that performed best while merchandise, PPV and
      home video took some hits. To view the full press release in PDF format go
      to http://corporate.wwe.com/documents/3QF2007pressrelease.pdf
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5474]

      > WRESTLEMANIA TICKETS PRE-SALE
      - At 10AM this morning the WrestleMania XXIV pre-sale kicked off and it will
      be on till November 2nd at 5PM. Tickets go on sale to the general public
      this Saturday at 10AM. For those interested in attending next year's event
      at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, FL., you can purchase tickets by using the
      password MOTA by going to
      http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/vqphio
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5467]

      > RAW AND ECW RATINGS RISE
      - Monday Night RAW received a 3.5 rating for Monday's show which is up from
      last week's 3.3. ECW on Sci Fi the next night did a 1.6 rating which is up
      0.1 from the previous week. It looks like ECW is benefiting from Smackdown!
      stars appearing on the show. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and
      put online by PWInsider.com)

      > EXTREME EXPOSE'S BROOKE RELEASED FROM WWE
      - Brooke Adams from Extreme Expose was given the boot and shown the way out
      of WWE today. The 23 year old was one of the 2006 Diva Search contestants
      however she wasn't chosen as part of the final eight. Despite not being
      chosen, she signed a developmental deal and was sent to OVW and afterwards
      to DSW. She made her ECW debut in January of this year and joined Kelly
      Kelly and Layla El where they formed Extreme Expose - hosting a dance
      segment on the show every week. Brooke was one of the Divas who appeared on
      Timbaland's music video 'Throw It On Me'.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5475]

      > TNA TURNING POINT PPV POSTER
      - We have received TNA's Turning Point pay-per-view poster which features
      Abyss, Judas Mesias and Black Reign. Dustin Rhodes must be happy that at
      least he's on the poster of a wrestling pay-per-view after all these years
      in the business. The poster has Turning Point written in red with blood
      dropping from it and the tag line 'Silent Night...Bloody Night'. It airs on
      Sunday December 2nd. You can see the poster at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/TNA/TP2007_PPV_poster.shtml

      //->> THE CHAIR SHOT
      By Kevin I. Dodge -[kidodge@...]-

      Before I even get started on my column I have a few words for all of our
      great readers out there. Well, not for all the readers, just the chosen few
      that seem to live in a cave somewhere in a very narrow minded universe. In
      my columns I openly express my opinions on subjects, and report what is
      going on in the wrestling world. Well hear me out. I don't care if you have
      different opinions then I, in fact I encourage them. But for you few people
      that feel that I am a racist just because I say negative things about
      wrestlers such as Booker T and Rey Mysterio, well you are clearly not aware
      of the definition of a racist. A racist is a person that believes they are
      better then someone else just because of their skin color or ethnicity. I
      have no problem with any race. And it is clear that for those of you that
      believe I do, that you are looking in the wrong direction. Perhaps you
      should look into the mirror, there I believe you will find the true racist.
      If you can't accept the fact that someone has a different opinion then your
      own, then I hope you find bliss in your own ignorance. I respond to every
      email I get, both positive and negative, and will continue to do so. All I
      ask is that if you don't agree with me, fine, just think before you start
      use such powerful and negative accusations. Thank you for hearing me out.
      Now on to wrestling.

      Well let's start off with TNA. Their 2 hour shows do seem to be getting
      better week by week. There are a couple of new arrivals in TNA that I think
      should be addressed. First, did you notice the short, very well padded,
      masked person that came out to help LAX during their tag match. Well don't
      be surprised to find out it is actually Shelly "Ariel" Martinez. Yep, ECW's
      very own lady vamp. Also, in case you didn't noticed, these last few shows
      there has been a female in the audience brandishing a Robert Rude sign. He's
      got to have at least one fan, right? Well she is none other then Rain, one
      of the top stars from the Shimmer organization. TNA is focusing a lot of
      time and energy building their women's division. I think that they have a
      lot bigger problems in TNA that they need to focus on instead of just
      creating more boring television. Yes, I've always said, I'm not a big fan of
      female wrestling. And I personally think that most wrestling fans are in the
      same boat. I could be wrong...it definitely wouldn't be the first time. And
      now onto Sting's tag team partner for Genesis. Well TNA.com is hinting that
      his partner has been a former world champion in every organization that he
      has worked in. Which leaves only one person, and the biggest free agent
      right now...Booker T. Even Booker has hinted about going to TNA in recent
      interviews. And like I said in my last column, he is a perfect fit in TNA.
      It kind of reminds me of the old Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer Christmas
      cartoon. TNA is wrestling's version of the land of misfit toys. All the
      rejects that can't hack it in the big leagues.

      I do like what Team 3-D is doing to the X-division. Maybe they can show them
      how to be extreme. Plus imagine how much fun it would be to watch Bubba Ray
      and Devon in an ultimate X match. It would be like watching two elephants
      trying to balance on a high wire. But, I am already getting bored of Black
      Reign. Maybe it's because Dustin has lost to many steps inside the ring, or
      maybe it's just because everything I see on Impact is just so behind the
      times. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Impact is just like
      watching Raw or Nitro 10 years ago. Why don't they try to do their own thing
      instead of just copying other peoples ideas. In the end I really think that
      will be the downfall of TNA.

      On the other side of the fence I want to give the guts of the year award to
      Matt Hardy. For all of those who watched Smackdown last week you saw Matt
      get busted open and lose a lot of blood. Well, what everyone might not know
      is that was a complete accident. A sharp piece on Rey Mysterio's knee brace
      caught Matt and sliced him open like a Thanksgiving turkey. Matt ended up
      needing 16 stitches in his head. Not only did Matt finish the match, which
      all wrestlers involved and the ref visibly showed concern, but he has also
      said that he wanted to still compete at Cyber Sunday!

      Now is it me or is it just disgusting to see Jamie Noble hitting on Eddie's
      widow. Sure, she may be Vicki Guerrero, but to me most of all she is the
      widow of the late, great Eddie Guerrero. It bothers me just to see her on
      Smackdown every week, much less seeing Noble kissing on her neck. I don't
      care how long it's been since Eddie's passing. Using Vickie in any sort of
      romantic storyline is just in poor taste and a slap in Eddie's face. Sure
      she should go on with her life. But that's her real life, not as a
      character. Hell, there is no reason for her to be on Smackdown in the first
      place. And now that Kristal has been fired, just bring Teddy back and let
      Vickie just disappear.

      Now to some out of the ring news. First, Congratulations to Brock Lesnar. He
      has officially signed with the UFC. Dana White, owner of the UFC, says he's
      excited to have Brock as part of the UFC family. His first match is
      scheduled to take place February 2, Super Bowl weekend. In case you haven't
      seen Brock fight in MMA match look it up on YouTube. He really is a monster
      and should bring a lot of excitement to the octagon.

      My next issue that I want to deal with is Randy Orton. Sure he's not a fan
      favorite, but I still liked him. That is until I read a story about him sent
      in by one of our great readers. Kelvin Franklin, from Elizabeth North
      Carolina, sent me a story about Randy Orton that let's people get to know
      what kind of person Randy really. Many of you may not know that Orton is a
      former US Marine. A failed one at that, but still a marine. He was released
      from the marines with a less then honorable discharge and served prison time
      in their brig. The story that was sent to me explains in a lot greater
      detail. I encourage all you to read it and learn about what kind of person
      wears the WWE heavyweight title belt. I will warn you it is a long story,
      but well worth the read.
      http://www.onlineonslaught.com/columns/lund/20031211.shtml

      And lastly I want to comment again about one of the biggest waste of sperm
      walking this planet. I'm talking of Nick Hogan. He finally made his first
      comment since his August accident where he took the life, in my opinion, of
      Iraq veteran John Graziano. You can clearly tell by his own words that he
      has no regrets and shows absolutely no remorse. All he seems to care about
      is his drift car racing career. Nick claims that Polaroid is his new car
      sponsor. Well I contacted Polaroid and even though they refused to comment
      on the subject I was directed to this link.
      http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/oct/25/polaroid-denies-sponsoring-hogans-so
      n/?news-breaking So it sounds like Nick Hogan's mouth is just as careless as
      his driving is. I hope everyone involved in the case against Nick will stand
      up and do what's right, just like Polaroid has.

      Until next time, Take care everyone and stay cool.