    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2007
      Advertise on Wrestling-Online.com for only $15 per month. E-mail Us!!

      Tuesday October 30th 2007 Issue #2594

      Hornswoggle doing the frog splash? PRICELESS. That thing looked even more
      impressive during the slow-mo replay. He hit it perfectly. I didn't even
      care about the guy when he was on Smackdown! but now he's the funniest thing
      on RAW. His facial expressions and body language are just hilarious. I'm
      sure at the age of 21 he's having the time of his life.

      Buy Batista's bio 'Batista Unleashed' for only $17.16
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/store/
      Add our Ringside Live audio show to your iTunes!
      Go to http://www.wrestling-online.com/ringside
      and click on the 'Subscribe to iTunes' icon.
      RINGSIDE LIVE WITH IAN HAMILTON EVERY FRIDAY AT 7PM ET

      > FOX BUSINESS CHANNEL HIRES JOHN BRADSHAW LAYFIELD
      - John Bradshaw Layfield has found a new job - a contributor to the new Fox
      Business Channel! While his WWE commentary duties on Smackdown! and PPVs
      will not be effected, JBL will be on FBC almost every day and will be
      appearing on Neil Cavuto's show which airs at 6PM and replayed at 9PM. It
      will not be the first time that JBL appeared on FOX as he was a regular
      contributor in the past and even held a position at CNBC as a financial
      analyst. Bradshaw was fired from CNBC three weeks after he was hired in mid
      2004 after he did the Nazi walk and salute during a non-televised WWE show
      in Munich, Germany. "We find his behavior to be offensive, inappropriate and
      not befitting anyone associated with our network," said the network at the
      time. While JBL complained about it, he compared it to someone like Vin
      Diesel playing a Nazi during a movie. "I was playing a character," he said.
      "They hung me out to dry." Now JBL found a way to fire back at his previous
      employer comparing CNBC to WCW and FOX Business Channel to WWE. JBL told
      WWE.COM that he firmly believes that FBC will eventually win the war in the
      ratings against CNBC, "just like WWE did against WCW."
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5465]

      > EVE TORRES WINS THE 2007 DIVA SEARCH CONTEST
      - The 23 year old former LA Clippers dancer Eve Torres has won this year's
      Diva Search competition which was wrapped up yesterday during the live
      Monday Night RAW. By beating the other finalist Brooke Gilbertsen, Eve has
      won a one year WWE contract and has been added to the always growing list of
      Divas. Her first photo shoot as a Diva was done yesterday backstage at RAW.
      The dancer/model/actress appeared in several print and television deals in
      the past including dancing for ABC's 'Show Me The Money', '2006 Victoria's
      Secret Fashion Show' and others. She has appeared on several fitness
      magazines and did promotional work for Maxim, Nintendo, ESPN etc.
      Congratulations to the new Diva!
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5466]

      > WRESTLEMANIA TICKETS ON SALE THIS WEEKEND
      - For thousands and thousands of wrestling fans this coming weekend is
      something special. WrestleMania XXIV tickets go on sale on November 3rd at
      10AM EST and you can rest assured that tickets won't last long. WWE issued a
      press release pimping the on sale date and locations where you can purchase
      tickets. All Florida Ticketmaster ticket centers including FYE stores will
      be selling them along with the Ticketmaster hotline at 407-839-3900 and
      Ticketmaster.com. Tickets will not be sold at the Citrus Bowl stadium
      however you can get them at the Amway Arena box office. Prices are $40, $55,
      $95, $150, $250 and $750 for ringside. A pre-sale will be held on November
      1st at 10AM but the password hasn't been made public yet.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5467]

      > SMACKDOWN! RATING
      - Friday Night Smackdown! did a 2.6 rating for last week's show which is
      basically what it has been doing for the past weeks. (Ratings compiled by
      Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

      > JUNIOR FATU OUT OF TNA WRESTLING
      - That didn't last long! Junior Fatu - the artist formerly known as Rikishi
      - is already gone from TNA Wrestling after spending less than two months
      with the company. Making his debut as Junior Fatu, he appeared on the
      September 13th edition of iMPACT! and wrestled for the first time there the
      week after. He was scheduled to be at yesterday's iMPACT! taping but his
      spot was replaced by Chris Harris. According to Dave Meltzer of the
      Observer, the two parties couldn't reach an agreement on a contract.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5211]

      //->> DROPPING A DIME
      By Shawn Keim -[Sdk1214@...]-

      * Editor's Note: This column was written one day before Cyber Sunday *

      First, I want to address some of those people who replied to my last
      'Dropping a Dime' article. Hey, I appreciate the fact that I even have
      readers to begin with! I understand it's going to take me a while to earn
      everyone's respect and gain some sort of fanbase as many other columnist
      have. But I am thankful for the e-mails I receive and I try to reply to
      everyone of them I get. The only thing I ask when you e-mail me is this:
      Please be mature with whatever you have to say. Don't go and say that I am
      the stupidest wrestling writer that you've ever seen. One, I'm not a
      wrestling writer, let alone, a writer to begin with. Two, don't call me
      stupid. You can call me ignorant or the most blind smark in wrestling today,
      I just ask that you not insult my intelligence.... er...whatever
      'intelligence' or smarts I may have. I'm game to have a respectful e-mail
      war or some sort of competitive banter, just do so in a manner where we can
      show some maturity on both ends. Trust me, I'm probably the most immature
      person that you'd ever meet in your life, so that entire paragraph, where
      ever it came from, was actually pretty good. Go me!

      Some people.... Okay, a lot of people didn't like what I said about Ric
      Flair. And there were some people who agreed with me. Let me touchup on the
      'Nature Boy' subject with a real quickie here. There is a huge generational
      gap between me and Ric Flair. I'm twenty-one, damn near twenty-two years old
      in December. I was born in 1985 and didn't start to pay attention to
      wrestling until mid-1994. Hell, I didn't even know WCW existed until
      sometime around 1995. I was born and raised a WWF/E fan. I missed many of
      what would be considered Flair's best years. The thing is, nothing gets on
      my nerves more than people who are my age or just a tiny bit younger who
      call me an idiot and curse me out until their blue in their "I got smacked
      by puberty and it hurt" face because they feel offended about what I said
      about their 'God' in Ric Flair. These people, who, as I said, are my age or
      just a bit younger, who've probably been watching wrestling as long as I
      have. And I'm sure that a lot of people who think Ric Flair is the greatest
      of all time are the ones who went out and bought Ric Flair's DVD anthology
      and automatically thought of themselves as a Flair fan, jumped on the
      'Nature Boy' bandwagon and have been too scared to have an opinion of Fair.
      So, they must agree with everyone else because they don't have a set of
      balls to argue with the masses. I've seen the Ric Flair DVD and I've read
      his book. I've seen a bunch of old tapes with his matches and I've seen Ric
      Flair live a few times. I was privileged enough to attend a house show in
      Baltimore and I able to see Ric Flair and Mick Foley cut a promo face to
      face. This was all a week before WrestleMania XX, years before they would
      have their ultimate bloody feud. Of course I always consider it an honor
      when such legends as a Flair or a Hogan are in the very venue that I bought
      tickets for, but it wouldn't bother me if the 'card subject to change'
      actually did change and there was no Flair.

      Just because you bought Ric Flair's ultimate anthology and saw it many times
      doesn't mean you are a big Ric Flair fan. Just because a bunch of fans will
      tell you that he is the best and a lot of your favorite wrestlers will say
      the same doesn't mean that you have to feel the same way. If you actually
      lived through wrestling back in the 60s and 70s and 80s and had your father
      or uncle or grandfather take you to old venues that could only fit in a few
      thousand and lights were cheap and dim and bell bottoms were in, then I most
      certainly respect what you have to say about Ric Flair. When your my age and
      have people who were born in the 80s or 90s and they argue so hard that a
      third nut pops out, then just don't bother because I really don't care about
      what you have to say. Don't be a fan because everyone else is a fan. Don't
      think someone is the best because everyone else said he was the best.
      Really, it's not all that bad to have your own opinion. It's not like I hate
      Ric Flair, but I could live without him. Yeah, yeah, I get it. He made
      everyone look good and whored out a bunch of titles around his waist. He is
      a legend and I just wish he would walk away quietly. When I'm watching Smack
      down!, I don't sit there and think to myself, "Gee, I sure do miss that old
      guy who came out in those robes and took forever to walk to the ring. Yeah,
      that guy who doesn't he strut and throws the weakest jabs and a trillion
      knife-edge chops. Yeah, I miss watching that old geezer making me feel like
      I was watching 'When Nursing Homes Go Insane 9'". Okay, throw more hate
      e-mails at me. Tell me something I haven't already heard a Flair mark has
      said. Like I said, I don't have the guy. I just enjoy WWE a whole lot more
      when we don't have to see a Flair repeat every week.

      Even though I am grumpy today <oh, Shawn? Grumpy? Suuure...>, I am feeling a
      little giddy. The time is 5:26 PM on the East Coast. Twenty-four hours from
      now, I'll be getting on a metro train and headed to the Verizon Center to
      catch Cyber Sunday. I have been to a wrestling event since Raw was last in
      Washington, DC back in March - Shawn Michaels and John Cena had to defend
      the Tag titles three different times, I think against M-N-M, Lance Cade and
      Trevor Murdoch and... well, I forget who else. One of the matches ended up
      being a steel cage match. Oh, it just wasn't that memorable of a Raw. But
      this will be my third fourth Pay-per-view event (Backlash 2000, SummerSlam
      2005, No Way Out 2006 and... well, Cyber Sunday 2007). I love that feeling
      you get for a PPV event. You wait in line and just pray you can finally get
      good seats. Hours later, you're upset because if you just arrived at Ticket
      Master a few minutes earlier, your seats would've been a helluva whole lot
      better. Then it feels like you have to wait forever. After a month and a
      half has passed, the final week has arrived. Then those six days go by
      slowly and then it is finally Saturday. But then it feels like it is the
      slowest Saturday to have ever passed by. Finally, it is bed time! But you
      are too excited because you know there are only so many hours until you
      finally go to a WWE event. You toss and turn and just can't fall asleep. If
      you're old enough to take medication, like me, then you take an Ambien and
      hope that puts you in dreamland for at least 10 hours -- it doesn't work!
      Oh, why, oh, why does it take so long for the WWE event to start! All you
      want to do is get to the arena, take your seats and patiently await until
      the even starts! But you get there and you have to wait in a long line that
      seemingly takes even longer than it took you to wait for the event! But when
      it is all said and done, there is nothing better than getting your ticket
      stub back after being allowed into the venue and going to look for your
      section. Finally, you find your section and then you see the single greatest
      sight that those eyes of yours have ever seen. There is nothing like walking
      into the arena and seeing the setup of the Pay-per-view. There is nothing
      like seeing the wrestling ring and how it seems to be a lot smaller in
      person. There is nothing like taking your seat and just soaking it all in.
      I'm hours away from that and will be making a column about it.

      <<ahem, ahem. okay, so is this guy done rambling? is this a column or
      someone who needs to go out and by a diary or a journal? if you're going to
      Cyber Sunday, chances are you don't need to take an Ambien to fall asleep
      and make time go by faster. all you gotta do is read this guys incoherent
      ranting and you'll be snoozing in no time!>>

      But my column about Cyber Sunday will come at a later time. Well, obviously,
      since I haven't gone yet. What I wanted to talk about today is something
      that has been on my mind for a couple of weeks. There are wrestling fans who
      have earned a bad name and are called "smarks" or smart marks. Unless you've
      been living under a rock, you should know that it is bad to be a smark. It's
      a wrestling fan who knows too much for his own good and ruins it for
      everyone. Someone who acts like they know everything and acts very
      unimpressed with everything. Someone who acts like they aren't wrong about
      anything. But I'm not going to be talking about smarks, even though it may
      seem like it. I want to talk about the smugness of some of today's wrestling
      fans. You don't have to be a smark to be smug, but these smug fans are
      starting to become a little more annoying than the very jack-off smarks.

      I'm not someone who watches or trades tapes to see what is going on in the
      wrestling scene in Japan or Mexican. I'm not someone who orders any of the
      Ring of Honor DVDs and I don't go to any websites to watch any action for
      CZW.... is it Combat Wrestling Zone? Combat Zone Wrestling? Aw, how should I
      know? I told you I didn't watch it. I don't watch what else is going on
      around the world because I just don't care. I'm happy that I have enough
      time to watch WWE a good four to six hours a week. If I remember to DVR it,
      I'll go ahead and fast forward through most of TNA. I'm not saying that this
      about everyone who is dedicated enough to wrestling to be able to watch the
      happenings in Japan or Mexico or Canada or the crazy Indy scene, but a lot
      of you need a good bitch slap right across the face.

      So, you are a RoH fan? Good for you. I've only seen one RoH event, which was
      their first ever PPV. I liked it but didn't care for it enough to become a
      hardcore fan. But just because you are a RoH fan doesn't mean that you are
      smarter or better than any other wrestling fan out there. There are a lot of
      wrestling fans who mark-out for Japan and RoH because of the stiff style and
      the realism that it brings to the table. Hey, that's cool. But if someone
      doesn't want to watch Ring of Honor because they don't feel like watching a
      match where an opponent gets a stiff kick to the head thirty times yet still
      manages to kick out doesn't make them an idiot WWE fan. I don't understand
      why someone would argue and complain about the amount of times Randy Orton
      uses a chinlock and cry that it'd kill a normal man five times over, yet
      it's okay to watch someone do the most vicious powerbombs and frog splashes
      and devastating kicks atleast fifteen times before the ten minute mark yet
      get a bunch of near fall attempts!? Don't tell me how someone likes RoH a
      lot more because of the 'oldschool' it brings back to wrestling and how much
      'realism' they put into their matches after what I saw. I can't recall how
      many 450 splashes and superkicks and, dammit, moves that I can't even
      remember the name to them but they were so devastating that it should've
      ended the match. How 'real' and 'oldschool' is it when someone kicks out of
      thirty-five stiff kicks to the head and continue on for another twenty
      minutes? I don't hate on RoH, but don't get smug for being a RoH fan. I'm
      not knocking RoH - I did like what I had seen when I ordered the PPV. Today,
      there isn't a lot of wrestling that makes me jump out of my seat and go
      crazy because what I had just seen was spectacular, but some of the matches
      I saw that night from the RoH PPV made me do just that. I really enjoyed the
      Briscoe brothers, as well. I loved how tough and physical and how stiff the
      style was, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. I just didn't like how a lot
      the more impacting moves could've killed someone but it just turned out to
      be a two in a half count at best. But I enjoyed it for what it was, but
      don't be smug just because you like something that isn't WWE. Don't think
      you are better or smarter than anyone else because you watch something that
      isn't 'Entertaining' but 'Wrestling' at it's athletic best.

      I haven't seen anything out of Japan for years. I did buy a tape and I saw
      some sick matches. What I saw was all before the very talented Hayabusa
      suffered that horrible spin injury. Again, it is hard to get into something
      once you are so used to a different style. But there are fans out there who
      think they are smarter and better than the WWE fans because they watch a
      product that doesn't try to show it's comedic 'talents' or have thirty
      minute promos to start the show. Hey, godbless you for liking your no
      nonsense type of wrestling. But just because there are wrestlers in Japan
      that can be far stiffer than anyone in America doesn't mean they are better
      than some of Americas finest. Just because they can kick harder and strike
      harder doesn't mean that they can compare what some of the WWE and TNA stars
      have to offer. But some fans are just that smug and hard headed.

      It's as if some of these smug fans are trying to rebel against something.
      It's as if WWE is the father of wrestling here in America and we are it's
      kids. But we don't want to enjoy what father WWE has to offer us, so we go
      off and find Ring of Honor or CHIKIRA (edit that if I screwed up the name)
      or Japan or AAA. Once they find it and get into that, they feel the need to
      stick out their tongues at father WWE and try to make father WWE feel
      stupid. A lot of TNA, RoH and Japan fans try to make other wrestling fans
      feel stupid because they don't watch what they watch. That's BS. Just
      because you enjoy the stiff style of RoH doesn't make you smarter or better
      than any other wrestling fan. Just because you're trying to find whatever
      way to rebel against father McMahon doesn't mean WWE fans like myself are
      suffering the least bit. Oh, trust me, I'm doing just find watching the 'Ent
      on TV every Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Sure, WWE has put on better TV and
      it seems rare to even find a 3-star show, but even that isn't going to make
      me start trading tapes or checking out youtube.com and brag to everyone else
      how much smarter of a fan I am because I refuse to watch anything by Vince
      McMahon. If you're a fan of the product, just shut up and enjoy it. Quit
      thinking that product is better than something else and that you're smarter
      than someone else because of it, because it's not and you're not.

      Quit being smug and quit being a smart mark. Hey, you might just enjoy every
      wrestling show out their if you weren't so uptight! You never know. Yeah,
      this one was more of a rant, but sometimes you just need to rant. I'll be
      talking about my Cyber Sunday experience in my next column. Oh, that one
      might even be more boring than this one! I'm crossing my fingers to see HBK
      in the main event. Oh, I can't tell you how upset I'll be if Kennedy gets
      his shot. I don't really care too much for this guy, either. With my luck,
      Kennedy will even be the new WWE Champion! Aw, damn!

      If you're out on your bike tonight, do wear white.