    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2007
      Advertise on Wrestling-Online.com for only $15 per month. E-mail Us!!

      Tuesday October 9th 2007 Issue #2578

      The two winners of the No Mercy competition have been chosen and notified
      earlier today. If you didn't win, sorry. We have another cool promotion
      coming up...

      Now with a blog! http://www.wrestling-online.com/blog
      Add our Ringside Live audio show to your iTunes!
      Go to http://www.wrestling-online.com/ringside
      and click on the 'Subscribe to iTunes' icon.
      RINGSIDE LIVE WITH IAN HAMILTON EVERY FRIDAY AT 7PM ET

      Web version at -[http://www.wrestling-online.com/news%5d

      > HBK RETURNS ON RAW
      - After being on the sidelines for nearly five months since Judgment Day,
      Shawn Michaels made his return to WWE television yesterday at Monday Night
      RAW attacking the man who put him out of action, Randy Orton. HBK wrestled
      Orton at the Judgment Day pay-per-view however HBK collapsed due to a
      'concussion' during the match and was even stretchered out of the arena with
      his wife Rebecca by his side. In reality HBK had to undergo knee surgery and
      the angle at Judgment Day was played out to protect his knee and prevent
      further damage.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5358]

      > RAW MAIN EVENT FOR CYBER SUNDAY ANNOUNCED
      - The RAW brand main event for Cyber Sunday has been announced as the WWE
      champion Randy Orton will defend his title against either the returning
      Shawn Michaels, the Intercontinental champion Jeff Hardy or Mr Kennedy. Fans
      will be able to vote for any of the three Superstars and the winner of that
      vote will be revealed during the show. The Smackdown! main event stipulation
      is that fans will be able to vote for the referee of the expected four-way
      match for the World title between Batista, Undertaker, The Great Khali and
      Mark Henry. Choices will be between JBL, Steve Austin and Mick Foley. Voting
      for the RAW brand event is already up at WWE.COM.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5360]

      > ANOTHER DIVA SEARCH CONTESTANT BITES THE DUST
      - Jessica Hatch is the latest Diva Search contestant to be booted out of the
      competition. The twenty five year old Texan model was the fourth out of the
      competition and now four remain - 2 blondes and 2 brunettes - for the final
      prize. The remaining contestants are Brooke Gilbertsen, Taryn Terrell, Eve
      Torres and Lena Yada. The competition will wrap up on Sunday October 28th at
      Cyber Sunday.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5238]

      > A LUCKY SCHOOL KID IN THE UK TO BE AWARDED A WRESTLEMANIA TRIP
      - The WWE Corporate website has a press release about WWE teaming up with
      the National Literacy Trust to target schools in England to encourage them
      to read. This year school Reading Champions will have the chance to enter a
      special WWE competition to win a trip to Orlando, FL., and tickets for the
      biggest event of the year - WrestleMania! To participate, students need to
      read five books of their own choice, enter the book titles on the entry form
      provided and write 100 words explaining how they would persuade a WWE
      Superstar to read a book. Each entrant that submits a form successfully via
      their teacher will receive a certificate from WWE celebrating their
      completion of the WrestleMania Reading Challenge. The entries will be judged
      by representatives from WWE and NLT. Winners will be announced in March 2008
      and four prizes will be awarded with the big one being the trans-Atlantic
      flight to the US and Mania tickets. The competition is open to primary and
      secondary schools who are signed up to the Reading Champions initiative. To
      sign up for free visit http://www.literacytrust.org.uk
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5359]

      > TNA iMPACT! VIDEO GAME WORLD PREMIERE THIS WEEKEND
      - Midway Home Entertainment announced yesterday that the world premiere of
      the TNA iMPACT! video game will be taking place next weekend in Atlanta,
      GA., at the Bound for Glory Interaction event. The game will be released in
      Spring 2008 for Xbox 360, PS2, PS3 and Nintendo Wii. Midway is serving as
      the sponsor for TNA's pay-per-view - which is scheduled to be their biggest
      one yet. A video package on the game will air during the PPV and Midway is
      featured in all promotional materials for the show. The ring skirts will be
      featuring the iMPACT! video game logo during the show as well.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5357]

      > PASSENGER IN NICK HOGAN'S CAR CRASH ALMOST BRAIN DEAD
      - The passenger who was in Nick Hogan's Toyota Supra when the two had an
      accident remains on life support and according to new court documents, he
      will likely spend the remainder of his life in a nursing home. John
      Graziano, a former United States Marine and a big friend of the Hogan's was
      reportedly not wearing a seat belt at the time of crash which is why he
      ended up with the majority of the injuries. Nick was released the day after
      from the hospital with a broken hand and some other injuries but to this day
      Graziano is still in a hospital listed in critical condition. A registered
      nurse who compiled the report for court said that Graziano responds to a
      pinch and has a gag reflex but doesn't respond to touch or sounds. His
      pupils are fixed so they don't respond to light. While technically he's not
      brain dead, these symptoms aren't encouraging. In the report, the nurse said
      that he suffered a broken skull at the base, had part of his skull cut out,
      experienced brain swelling and had cuts to the scalp. The bone was pushed in
      and broken in many pieces and had abnormal collections of blood under the
      front side of the skull. According to his doctor, the most that Graziano can
      do if the condition improves is that he will "open his eyes on and off."
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5115]

      //->> DROPPING A DIME
      By Shawn Keim -[Sdk1214@...]

      Well, holy damn, what a wild 24-hours. After all the speculation of the WWE
      Championships being decided in, perhaps, a match between Orton Vs. Kennedy,
      or even a Fatal Four way, who would've thought that after 13 months, the WWE
      title would simply be decided by..... awarding it to Randy Orton? After 13
      months, this is what we get? Actually, as bitter as I may sound, I don't
      think it was too bad of a decision. It added a ton of unpredictability to
      maybe one of the most unpredictable Pay-per-views in Wrestling history.

      Okay, many might think that the WWE title being thrown away like a hot
      potato actually diminished the Championship. Well, many of you have been
      saying that the title has been getting demented for the last couple of
      years, right? You complain about the title being changed to the "Spinner"
      WWE title and that it diminishes the legacy of the belt. Hell, you've
      complained that John Cena has been making the title look bad on and off
      since WrestleMania 21. There was nothing wrong with making the belt look
      like a whore on Sunday night. Boom! Right off the bat, you had a WWE title
      match and a huge way to start of a PPV that many speculated how it would
      turn out after it's feature main event was scraped just six days before the
      event. You have Triple H putting his John Wayne tough-guy face on and going
      hard for three matches and added a lot of drama to the main-main event. For
      the longest time, hardcore WWE fans have been wanted some unpredictability
      in their favorite federation and have been begging, have been pleading and
      have been desperately urging for something new, something different, a
      change in the WWE - you get a PPV that prominently featured the Federations
      main Heavyweight Championship in which it was in some very unstale-like
      angles all night long. What more do you want? Do you want the WWE to go back
      to being stale because it was too hard to keep up with? Do you want your WWE
      to move a little slower?

      Granted, No Mercy wasn't the best PPV you are going to pay for this year. A
      lot of what was going on wasn't making it the best PPV of the year, but I'd
      like to think what happened in the beginning and in the end was what it was
      all about the entire time: Making history and crowning a new WWE Champion.
      Vince McMahon, the writers, Triple H, Orton, any and everybody else who was
      involved in the process, in my opinion, they didn't disappoint. It was
      advertised that history was going to be made, and it was. Just understand
      the pressure on everybody who was in the process. You're Vince McMahon and
      your poster boy of your company is out anywhere from 6 months to a year, so
      you already have to think about storyline changes, feuds, merchandise sales,
      and most importantly, your main event to a Pay-per-view where you advertised
      your company man to defend the title. Screw the fact that No Mercy is
      considered somewhat of a 'B' PPV, it was a lot of pressure to overcome, but
      I think they did it.

      Now, it was very hard for me to let me channel stick on Raw since Monday
      Night Football was on (hey, if you've got Tony Romo on your Fantasy team,
      you'd do the same!), but I liked what I saw. Without going any further, let
      me just say that it is going to be a very exciting fall to watch. Triple H
      cameback a couple of months ago, as well as Rey Misterio. The Undertaker
      just cameback a month ago, and now we're hearing that Y2J is due to be on
      his way and now it seems that the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels is back!
      You've also got Santino Marella provoking "Stone Cold" Steve Austin every
      week now, maybe promoting a return for a week or two and a Pay-per-view
      visit, I guess. With John Cena out, WWE is pulling out all the stops and are
      lucky to have many of their prime time players recover from their serious
      injuries and buildup some angles leading into the next couple of months and
      giving us some kind of a perspective of what WrestleMania is going to look
      like.

      There is really only one match that I'd like to talk about, and that is Mr.
      Kennedy Vs. Jeff Hardy. Before Raw started, I was arguing with a friend who
      is training to become a professional wrestler down in the Chicago area. I
      was telling him about how much I dislike Ken Kennedy. Since he has been with
      the WWE, he's had only very few feuds to remember and he hasn't even really
      delivered a promo that would even make me believe that this guy is actually
      good on the microphone. Eh, I'm only one guy who hates. I don't think I'd
      have much of an effect on the ratings or on his merchandise sales if I
      decided that I never want anything to do with Mr. Kennedy. I guess I'm
      trying to respond to any reports that have been on the 'Net that they think
      that Randy Orton is going to be a very short term Champion, Triple H is
      going to get the strap and then, perhaps, put Mr. Kennedy over at
      WrestleMania. Wouldn't anyone think that is too soon for someone who has had
      a very forgettable run as United States Champion? Someone who hasn't really
      had a match to talk about or a feud really all that worth mentioning? I
      haven't seen any of his work from the Indies or OVW, so I'm being ignorant
      on purpose, and I'm very okay with that. But I don't mind being proven
      wrong, even if I'm too damn stubborn to admit when I am.

      But the Jeff Hardy Vs. Mr. Kennedy match on Raw was probably Kennedy's best
      match since coming to the WWE. Geez, that took a long time. If not, then it
      is definitely his best match since coming to Raw. A feud against Jeff Hardy
      and having a run with the Intercontinental title would be a great stepping
      stone and show whether or not if he is worthy and ready to take the next
      step and becoming the king of the mountain. I don't care what anyone says
      about Jeff Hardy, he can take some nasty bumps and make someone look very
      good and very effective. He is a great face performer to be matched up to a
      heel wrestler, or a nice babyface wrestler all the kids and ladies can cheer
      while the smart, deep-voiced and very loud men cheer for Kennedy. If the
      predictions of Kennedy becoming the next big star of WWE and going over at
      WrestleMania come true, it'll be because he had one helluva program with
      Jeff Hardy, even if no one wants to give Hardy enough credit or not. I'll
      even give Kennedy credit if it is due.

      If you're not talking about what a wild night WWE fans were having with
      title changes and heart breakin' comebacks, then maybe you're TNA fan who
      has been talking about what a wild morning and afternoon Kurt Angle had. As
      everyone knows, Kurt Angle got in trouble for failing a field sobriety test.
      Really, how much credibility does this guy have anymore? He's gone as far as
      to saying that he had come off of his addiction from painkillers almost two
      years ago. Really, how is that so if this main continued to fail drug test
      while in the WWE? He's under a lot of heat for being a part of the steroid
      buzz going around, has admitted to having an addiction to extra stregnth
      Vicodin, and has supposedly been off the narcotics from nearly two years. I
      remember reading Kurt Angle's biography that was released by WWF/E back in
      later 2001, he said that that witnessing his own father suffer from
      alcoholism has prevented him from making the same mistake with alcohol
      himself. He said he would have a drink on occassion, but would be careful
      when having a little fun. Of course, he's also denied having anything to do
      with the steroid scandal. Really, what is there to believe? He wants us to
      believe that he is free of pills when he failed enough drug tests to make
      you think he wasn't cured of any addictions, and he wants us to believe that
      he has no part of what is going on in the rocky marriage of athletes and
      steroids. You're the Champion of an up-and-coming wrestling promotion that
      is busting it's ass off to get enough national recognition to show they
      deserve a two hour slot on Thusday nights and that they deserve to have a
      monthly PPV. They have invested a lot of money into you being their World
      Champion. You just can't make mistakes like this. I'd like this to be before
      my closing paragraph.

      But I don't want to be too harsh on Angle, because I want to flip-flop like
      the true gutless rookie columnist that I am. Even if he is an Olympic Gold
      Medalist and has accomplished feats that people like us can only dream
      about, he still does have human flesh. Kurt Angle is going to make mistakes
      just like how you and I are going to make mistakes. It's not like CEOs of a
      major company aren't going out and partying and having a good time. It's
      just that Kurt Angle got caught having a little too much fun. Maybe the man
      is actually cured of any addictions from the use of painkillers. I know all
      too well how hard it is to kick the habbit. Withdrawal will make any man,
      Olympic Gold Medalist or not, drop to his knees and beg for mercy because it
      feels like the toughest thing to do in life, and I know it is. Trust me, I
      know. Maybe he really has kicked the habbit and had to use alcohol to kill
      his physical pains of being a professional wrestler. Maybe he was bored at
      home early one morning, decided he'd go out and probably have a drink or
      two, and then his judgement became too impaired to figure out that he had
      too many. Either way, he made a mistake. It could be a very costly one at
      that. But I really don't see TNA being the type of federation that is going
      to punish Kurt Angle for making a mistake rather than protect him from it.

      On a final note, I'm still trying to get used to being a part of this
      newsletter. I know that these first couple of columns haven't really
      delivered anything that will impact your computer (maybe impair your brain
      from what could be considered seemingly useless rants), but I'll find my
      groove. I'm just looking for it a bit after talking a little about two Raws
      and a Pay-per-view. I want to deliver more of a column with subject matter,
      and that you will be getting from me. I promise. Sure, they're a little
      short now and just sound like ramblings from a guy who has weekly PMS, but
      you'll see soon otherwise.

      Until then, the future Tony Kornheiser of W-O bids y'all a good day.