    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2007
      Advertise on Wrestling-Online.com for only $15 per month. E-mail Us!!

      Sunday September 30th 2007 Issue #2570

      We had another successful show on Friday with Ian Hamilton and the new
      co-host Adam Firestorm. Ringside Live went to over an hour discussing the
      latest news, rumors along with the usual commentary. It's a packed show and
      you can listen to the podcast at http://www.wrestling-online.com/ringside/

      Now with a blog! http://www.wrestling-online.com/blog
      Add our Ringside Live audio show to your iTunes!
      Go to http://www.wrestling-online.com/ringside
      and click on the 'Subscribe to iTunes' icon.
      RINGSIDE LIVE WITH IAN HAMILTON EVERY FRIDAY AT 7PM ET

      Web version at -[http://www.wrestling-online.com/news%5d

      > BACK TO WORK
      - The Superstars who got suspended in connection with the Signature Pharmacy
      case - minus King Booker - are expected to be back to work on RAW tomorrow
      and Smackdown!/ECW on Tuesday as the 30 day suspension is over. Mr Kennedy,
      Charlie Haas, William Regal and Umaga return to RAW while Chavo Guerrero and
      Funaki go back to Smackdown! and John Morrison to ECW. The injured Edge and
      Gregory Helms were also suspended but they are still not cleared to compete.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5313]

      > ASHLEY TALKS ABOUT HER SURVIVOR EXPERIENCE
      - WWE Diva and former Playboy cover girl Ashley Massaro was interviewed by
      RealityTVWorld.com regarding her experience on the fifteenth season of
      Survivor: China. The 28 year old lasted just six days - or two episodes -
      before getting unanimously voted off from her tribe. Ashley certainly left a
      revealing impression with the male viewers by sporting a very low cut top
      and gave them the occasional nipple slip during her time there. You can read
      the interview at http://www.realitytvworld.com/survivorchina/
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4766]

      > THE ROCK LAYS THE SMACKDOWN ON 'THE KINGDOM'
      - Opening up against 'The Kingdom' starring Jamie Foxx and Jennifer Garner,
      Rock's 'The Game Plan' movie opened in the first place this weekend,
      surprising many in the industry after movie critics bashed the movie to
      oblivion. Opening in a total of 3,103 theaters compared to 2,793 for 'The
      Kingdom', the movie did an estimated $22,675,000 in box office revenue
      versus the $17,694,000 for the Jamie Foxx movie. On Friday it opened with an
      estimated $6,159,000 followed by $10,167,000 yesterday and a projected
      $6,349,000 today. This is the last movie in which the former WWE champ will
      be credited as Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson as he has opted to drop 'The Rock'
      from his credit in upcoming movies.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5312]

      > BRIAN 'CRUSH' ADAMS TOXICOLOGY REPORT RELEASED
      - A drug overdose was the cause of death for former wrestler Brian 'Crush'
      Adams according to toxicology reports released yesterday. Adams was found
      death on August 13th in his Florida home. Buprenorphine, Carisoprodol and
      Alprazolam - a cocktail of analgesic, powerful somas and anti-anxiety pills
      - were found in his system. No anabolic steroids were found at the time of
      his death. The Hillsborough County Medical Examiner Dr. Leszek Chrostowki
      ruled the death as an accidental overdose.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5041]

      //->> THE VERTEBREAKER
      By George Brazzel -[georgebrazzel@...]

      I may be in the minority here, but I'm truly looking forward to TNA going
      two hours. I'm also excited about their attempt to jump start a women's
      division. TNA has an extremely talented roster, and some don't get to
      showcase their talents due to time constraints. With an extra hour to fill,
      hopefully that'll all change. Now, I've heard the complaints about TNA's
      rehashing of old WWE angles; as well as using former WWE talent as main
      event stars to draw in ratings. I don't see a problem with either. Though, I
      had a problem with Kurt Angle holding all the gold.... for about ten
      seconds. Then, I understood the simple fact that if anyone in this business
      could just flat out dominate an organization in a believable fashion, it's
      the former Olympian. I know that WWE had its reasons for cutting him loose,
      but you know they regret it. He has done it all, and held pretty much every
      title that means anything in this business. Going two hours make perfect
      sense right now.

      Now, from what little of the recent audio show I listened to, it seems that
      some still feel that TNA is somewhat of a joke. Well, in my opinion and mine
      alone, that is asinine. Also, comparing TNA to ECW in ratings is only good
      for TNA. If anything is a joke, it's ECW.

      I'll be honest, I understand the difficulty in taking TNA as any kind of
      serious threat to the WWE programming.... to a point. That being said; if
      you think that ECW, and even Smackdown at times, puts on a better show than
      TNA, then chances are you're blinded by loyalty to a half-hearted brand. TNA
      puts on a better show from week to week than ECW, period. It's not as easy
      for me to admit as you might think. I've always been somewhat of a closet
      WWE loyalist. Frankly, the time for thinking TNA is an obscure third rate
      sideshow are over. TNA is moving forward at a methodical and deliberate
      pace. WWE and fans alike should really understand that TNA truly represents
      a strong viable alternative to what had become monotonous WWE programming.

      On a tangent, I feel pushing Kevin Thorn is a good idea. Down the road, and
      not so far so, there may be a passing of the torch from the Undertaker to
      Thorn. It isn't as big a stretch as you think. His gimmick should start a
      slow evolution to the next level, and soon a brand change is due. A vicious
      feud with Big Daddy V would make a great start, as long as he doesn't get
      leveled by V. Poor Boogeyman can testify how dangerous the big man has been
      lately.

      Hornswoggle got screwed. I'm not a cheerleader for the cruiser weight
      division, but the poor guy deserved to lose the title like a man. So much
      for family influence.... well, favorable family influence anyway.

      After all we've seen, does anyone really think that Randy Orton can beat
      John Cena in this Last Man Standing Match? Orton is going to need some heavy
      back up to even come close to winning the title, and I hope I didn't just
      say too much. Wouldn't want to give away any surprises just yet.

      Will Smackdown actually ever have a women's title? They could. They have
      enough women to make it somewhat interesting. It's probably the only way
      Torrie Wilson will ever be a title holder. She could carry some gold. She's
      in good shape, and can perform reasonably well in the ring. As Smackdown
      adds a couple new ladies to their roster, it could be fun. Now, TNA has Gail
      Kim and Jackie Moore, whom both could dominate about any woman WWE has,
      aside from Mickie and Victoria. It saddens me to see how misused Mickie
      James and Victoria both are.

      Which reminds me, yet again Victoria is not on the latest roster for WWE
      Smackdown Vs. Raw 2008. WTF! Also, no Hulkster on the legends menu this
      time. Let's not kid ourselves here, Hulk Hogan is the biggest name ever in
      the business. Without Hogan, the legends list is both incomplete and
      inadequate. Also, why not Moolah or Sherri Martel? Even Trish? Come on guys
      at WWE, don't sell these ladies short. They are truly legends, and deserve
      to be recognized as such.

      Random Thoughts: Let me just say that pro wrestling, or sports
      entertainment; has never, and will never be about innocence and fair play.
      It will never be morally sound, or politically correct. It never has been,
      and it's completely ignorant to assume it should be. This is a business that
      has been founded on points of both performing and deceit. For decades, it
      was "real". Anyone who said otherwise was challenged by people in the
      business to prove it. Honestly, Kurt Angle used to be one its biggest
      critics. Ironic when you look at him now. You're wasting your time if you're
      waiting for the writers and promoters to suddenly develop a conscience. The
      deciding factor is money, simple as that. People can threaten to stop
      watching (liars); or boycott toys, shirts and other promotional products
      that the masses can't seem to quit sporting. The bottom line is that sports
      entertainment isn't going to change overnight. Accept it, enjoy it, or just
      shut up and change the channel. There's always Dancing With The Stars.

      I like wrestling the way it is, for the most part. I do miss the undeniable
      battle of good versus evil of the eighties. However, I like the
      over-dramatized, sexually suggestive, and utterly obnoxious shows of today.
      There are a ton of things wrong with wrestling today, but do they honestly
      outweigh the entertainment value of today's product? No.

      Feel free to share your views with me at georgebrazzel@..., or at
      www.myspace.com/geovinbra.

      Remember, sensitivity is often the enemy of clear conscious thought.