    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2007
      Advertise on Wrestling-Online.com for only $15 per month. E-mail Us!!

      Tuesday September 11th 2007 Issue #2556

      Nothing to say today...back tomorrow.

      Now with a blog! http://www.wrestling-online.com/blog
      Play Donkey Kong, Tetris, Battle Ships,
      Dragonball Z, Batman and other classic games for free!
      http://www.playflashonline.com

      > CUSTOMIZED WWE SKINS FOR PS2, WII AND XBOX 360
      - Video games accessories website Game On has signed a new agreement with
      WWE to bring customized officially licensed WWE PS2 Wireless Controllers,
      XBox 360 faceplates, Wii skins, Wii Remote skins and other accessories. "We
      are thrilled to be working with World Wrestling Entertainment on expanding
      their brand into the video game accessories market and doing so with such
      high-quality products," said John Ma, CEO of Game On. "Our inaugural lineup
      is a great way to accessorize today's popular gaming systems, and does so at
      an attractive price-point." The wireless controller features Batista and
      Undertaker while Cena, Triple H, HBK and WWE Divas will be decorating the
      faceplates for the 360 and the Wii. These skins can be peeled off and
      re-applied as desired.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5210]

      > FOUR DAY EURO TOUR IN SPAIN AND FRANCE STARTS TODAY
      - Superstars from Smackdown! are currently on a short European tour with
      four live events in Spain and France. Just hours ago, the first show kicked
      off in Madrid at La Cubierta De Laganes. Tomorrow they will travel to
      Valencia for a show at the Plaza De Toros De Valencia and then on Thursday
      off to Barcelona to perform at the Pavello Olimpic De Badalona. On Friday
      just before they go back to the United States, they will be stopping in
      France for a show in Paris at the Palais Omnisports de Paris Bercy.

      > WWE VIDEOS ON BILLBOARD
      - The following videos have been on Billboard's Top 10 Recreational Sports
      chart for the week ending September 15th. 'The Great American Bash 2007'
      debuts in the first place, 'The Ladder Match' is in fifth, 'WrestleMania 23'
      in sixth, 'Vengeance 2007' in seventh and 'One Night Stand 2007' in eighth.
      TNA's 'Slammiversary 2007' made its debut in the third place.

      > FORMER WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION JOINS TNA
      - Another former WWE Superstar has joined the ranks of TNA Wrestling. Solofa
      Fatu Jr - better known to wrestling fans as Rikishi - made his debut with
      TNA yesterday during the tapings for iMPACT! which will air on this coming
      Thursday. In TNA, he will be using the ring name Junior Fatu. Fatu was
      released from WWE more than three years ago after failing to lose weight as
      instructed by the company. After being released, he kept himself busy by
      wrestling on different independent circuits as well as appearing for Italy's
      Nu-Wrestling Evolution promotion.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5211]

      > SHERRI MARTEL TOXICOLOGY REPORT RELEASED
      - Earlier today the toxicology reports of Sherri Martel who passed away in
      June were made public and it was revealed that the WWE Hall of Famer had
      multiple drugs in her system including a high amount of oxycodone.
      Tuscaloosa homicide investigators ruled out any foul play when she was
      discovered dead however they said that her death wasn't caused by natural
      causes. Oxycodone is a drug subject to abuse and is one of the most strongly
      controlled substances. It's often used for treatment of pain in cancer
      patients.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4775]

      //->> RAMBLINGS FROM A SOCIOPATH
      By Sean Sibbitt -[seansibbitt@...]-

      Wow, what a difference a couple decades makes! As I think back to 1983, when
      I was an 11 year old boy watching wrasslin' with my grandfather, I think of
      things like Fritz Von Erich sticking a fork in Abdullah the Butcher's
      forehead. I think of being a fan before the "news" broke that wrestling
      was, indeed, not a real sport (gasp). I became a fan in a time when things
      like kayfabe didn't exist, a time when the "good guys" fought as hard as
      they could to beat the "bad guys." There weren't faces and heals, or
      tweeners. No blurred lines. Nobody; and I mean nobody, booed Hulk Hogan.
      Hulkamania was forever.

      Then WrestleMania 3 happened. I remember being 14, watching Hogan attempt to
      slam Andre early in the match. Hogan failed. Andre fell on him. I distinctly
      remember the ref counting to three, then, Hogan kicked out. It was that very
      moment that I realized my precious wrestling was "fake".

      Enough of my trip down memory lane, fast forward 20 years, and, here I sit,
      at work, penning a column (for the first time) for a newsletter that I,
      almost anxiously, await nearly every day. I've giddily checked my email
      daily for the past six plus years to see what's going on in the wrestling
      world, and, to read something from, in most cases, another average person,
      just like me, who wants to share their love for the industry of "sports
      entertainment." (okay, so maybe I'm not giddy about it).

      When new columnist Jorden Taylor suggested I ask to write for the
      newsletter, I thought "what could I possibly bring to W-O that no one else
      has?" The answer is simple, nothing. There is nothing that I can deliver
      that previous columnists haven't already. No insider information, no "smark"
      comments, and, certainly, no superstar interviews. What I can bring is
      simple; ramblings from a wrestling fan. A man who has been watching the
      "sport" longer than I can imagine, longer than even I know, probably since I
      was in diapers.

      I grew up, and live in, the mid-western US. Wrestling has been huge in this
      area for years. From the Von Erichs, to so many stars from Minnesota, to
      AWA, to the Kosiski's, Dibiase's, and Gange's; to Sting (who was born in my
      hometown). The list goes on and on. The mid-west is so rich in wrestling
      history; it's hard to not be a fan. I decided to just rant in this column
      just to let the W-O world know who I am, where I come from, and, hopefully,
      to give anyone who has the patience to read all this babble a bit of insight
      into me, the person. In my next column, which will come as soon as Colin
      allows, I will more than likely discuss my all too familiar opinion on the
      state of the wrestling world in general. I appreciate (actually, more like
      demand J) any feedback you'd like to send.

      Until then, to borrow from some old show business dude; keep your feet on
      the ground, and keep reaching for a cold beer!