    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2007
      Advertise on Wrestling-Online.com for only $15 per month. E-mail Us!!

      Friday August 31st 2007 Issue #2548

      How I wish I was just a fly at WWE headquarters right now. I can imagine
      panic and creative scratching their heads. And Vince McMahon running around
      like a headless chicken. Okay maybe not that bad, but I'm sure the general
      atmosphere wasn't nice in the office today. Even though sometimes people
      wish they were involved with WWE in their work, days like yesterday and
      today are those days that you're glad you aren't invovled.

      Now with a blog! http://www.wrestling-online.com/blog
      Play Donkey Kong, Tetris, Battle Ships,
      Dragonball Z, Batman and other classic games for free!

      - The investigation about Signature Pharmacy from Orlando, FL., by New York
      prosecutors had a major impact on WWE and the company announced that it has
      suspended 10 of its Superstars following independent information from the
      prosecutor's office in Albany County, NY., which has been investigating
      illegal steroid sales. While the company did not mention who was suspended
      it issued a notice to everyone saying that those who fail starting from
      November 1st, their names will be made public. Judging from the list
      released by Sports Illustrated and taking out those who passed away or are
      not with the company anymore, it leaves exactly ten people.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5151]

      - Sports Illustrated obtained documents about those who received steroids
      and illegal drugs from Signature Pharmacy and shows 14 current and former
      WWE Superstars as clients. These drugs were purchased from the Internet,
      something which the company does not allow. Chris Benoit received nandrolone
      and anastrozole in February 2006; Eddie Guerrero received nandrolone,
      testosterone, and anastrozole just weeks before he passed away; Shane Helms
      received testosterone, genotropin and nandrolone from November 2003 to
      February 2007; Chavo Guerrero received somatropin, nandrolone and
      anastrozole between April 2005 and May 2006; Randy Orton received
      somatropin, nandrolone, stanozolol from September 2004 through February
      2007; John Morrison received somatropin, anastrozole, testosterone,
      stanozolol and chorionic gonadotropin between June 2006 and February 2007;
      Mr Kennedy received anastrozole, somatropin and testosterone between October
      2006 and February 2007; Funaki received somatropin in March 2006; Charlie
      Haas received anastrozole, somatropin, stanozolol, nandrolone and chorionic
      gonadotropin between August 2006 and January 2007; Umaga received somatropin
      between July and December 2006; William Regal received stanozolol,
      somatropin, genotropin, and anastrozole; Edge received somatropin,
      genotropin, and stanozolol between September 2004 and February 2007. Former
      wrestlers with the company including Crush and Slyvan Grenier received
      nandrolone, testosterone and Somatropin in December 2006 and somatropin,
      nandrolone, genotropin and stanozolol, starting in February 2005 through
      July 2006 respectively.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5151]

      - According to the New York Daily News, the House Subcommittee on Commerce,
      Trade and Consumer Protection will be holding a session about the use of
      drugs in wrestling at the end of September. WWE spokesman Kevin Hennessy
      said that WWE would comply if they are asked to attend the hearings but so
      far no request has been received. WWE received two letters in late July with
      the other one being from the Congressional Committee on Oversight and
      Government Reform and the company was asked to submit all documents related
      to their Wellness Program including testing procedures and results.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5151]

      - The news of WWE's suspensions made it on most major media outlets. CNN,
      FOX News, Yahoo!, Associated Press, CBS, USA Today, New York Times, Sports
      Illustrated, New York Post, Atlanta Journal-Constitution and many, many
      other local and foreign news outlets all posted the story. The coverage of
      this news was the biggest wrestling-related since the Benoit family double
      murder-suicide back in June. While usually any kind of advertisement is good
      advertisement, this kind of publicity is something that WWE wants to stay
      away from since the news basically made the Wellness Program look useless as
      most of the online purchases of the drugs by the Superstars were done after
      the testing was initiated. The company has defended its Wellness Program
      vigorously both in print and on television after the Benoit case and
      everything they said about their program was basically destroyed by these
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5151]

      - Tribute to the Troops will be returning this year and the show will be
      airing on Christmas Eve on USA Network. No information has been released as
      to where the company will be holding the show this year due to security
      reasons. This will be the fourth edition of the now yearly show with two
      already done in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. A group of Superstars from all
      three brands will be performing for the US military from one of the
      war-thorn countries.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=5154]

      //->> THE CHAIR SHOT
      By Kevin I. Dodge -[kidodge@...]-

      Well thanks a lot everyone for the support I got in my last, very
      opinionated, column. I expected some sort of backlash, but all the e-mails I
      received were very supportive. Thanks again everyone.

      I guess the biggest thing in the news right now is Nick Bollea, or as
      everyone else knows him, Nick Hogan. I guess on behalf of terrorist all
      around the world we should thank young Hogan for taking out one of America's
      great Marines. Yes, the passenger in his car was John J. Graziano.
      Mr.Graziano, only 22, just recently returned from a tour of Duty in Iraq. So
      I guess if your in the military and you survive a tour over in the giant
      sandbox then that's only half the battle. When you get home you have to deal
      with spoiled rich brats who get away with everything. I wonder which is more
      In the last year Nick Hogan has been found guilty of 3 rather large speeding
      tickets, 2 of which he was going in excess of 100mph. Not to mention he is
      still waiting to go to court on another ticket. His most recent ticket
      happened on Aug. 10 in Pinellas Park, FL. Police clocked him doing 82mph in
      a 45mph zone. It was also a construction zone filled with construction
      workers. He is scheduled to appear in court on Sept. 10.

      Mr. Graziano is still in critical condition and according to his
      grandmother, he could face permanent brain damage if he survives. A witness
      of the crash said Nick was racing a silver Dodge Viper. Ironically Nick's
      father, Hulk, owns a silver Dodge Viper. Clearwater Police Department have
      made it very clear that the other vehicle was not Hulk Hogan's. In the worst
      case scenario that Mr. Graziano doesn't survive, Nick Hogan could be looking
      at up to 15 years in prison for vehicular manslaughter. We all hope for the
      very best and for a complete recovery. As far as young Hogan, a judge needs
      to get him off the road and even possibly revoke all his driver's licenses
      so he can't drive on a racetrack either. Nick Hogan has been a drift car
      racer for quite awhile now. The Hogan's have apparently hired an attorney
      that specializes in criminal defense and drunk driving. They are preparing
      for charges that could be filed in the near future. The only thing the
      police are saying is that excessive speed was a factor.

      Does anyone remember Tyler Mane? He wrestled for the WCW and the UWF as the
      mad, mean Big Sky with tag team partner Kevin Nash and as the evil Nitron.
      He actually wrested all over the world from 1986-1999. He also started
      acting when he first went to wrestling school down in LA, California. He has
      been in numerous movies and on TV. His most notable role was the character
      of Sabertooth in the first X-men movie. A character which he will play again
      in an up and coming Wolverine movie. Well, he is also playing Michael Meyers
      in the new Halloween movie. This Halloween movie is produced by Rob Zombie.
      It sounds like a must see movie for all the horror movie fans out there.
      Michael Meyers has always been one of the more frightening of the horror
      movie characters. He definitely scared me a lot more then Jason or Freddy.
      Nobody likes the Boogeyman...He's coming to get YA!!!

      I also wanted to talk a little about the Cena/Orton feud. Well it has
      officially gone to a new level. Now with Orton attacking Cena's father. For
      those of you who don't know, Cena's father works for Chaotic Wrestling under
      the name Johnny Fabulous. He is a heel manager. He has apparently been
      trying to find a way to get onto the WWE roster. But just think of the
      possibilities. They should have Cena now go to Orton's home and attack
      "Cowboy" Bob Orton. Maybe break his arm. That way at Unforgiven you can have
      Orton vs. Cena with both of their dads in the corner. Cowboy bob can go back
      to wearing his cast like he did for so long in the 80's. He can use the cast
      to help Randy win the belt. That would be a fun match to watch. Cena also
      has a brother that could maybe be worked into the program. And in a short
      note, talking about Cena's family. Remember the bald guy that helped Kurt
      Angle and his wife at Hard Justice? Well, he is John Cena's cousin. He also
      performs on Cena's one and only album. He's not really a wrestler, he's an
      aspiring rap artist. I still don't know how the words rap and artist can be
      used in the same sentence.

      Now in Breaking News - WWE has suspended 10 wrestlers. The suspensions are
      apparently based on proof of wrestlers purchasing drugs from an internet
      prescription type of firm. Getting drugs over the internet is not allowed by
      the WWE Wellness program. You must have a doctors prescription in order to
      take any medication. That was why Chris Benoit passed his wellness tests. He
      may have had high testosterone levels, but he also had a prescription for
      everything he took. Officials from the WWE for the first time ever said that
      on November 1, 2007, all the names of the suspended wrestlers will be
      released. In the past, the WWE has never released the names of wrestlers who
      were suspended. I personally like the strict policy and other wrestling
      organization should follow Vince's lead. Some of WWE's top stars have been
      identified as clients of Signature Pharmacy out of Orlando Florida. They
      were raided by Albany County and Florida law enforcement agencies in
      February for distributing steroids and other prescription drugs to clients
      who had not been examined by doctors. The investigation is part of a probe
      into illegal Internet drug distribution by Albany D.A. David Soares. The
      names listed as clients were Top wrestlers Randy Orton, Charles Haas, Jr.,
      Adam "Edge" Copeland, Shane Helms, John "Johnny Nitro" Hennigan, Darren
      "William Regal" Matthews, Ken "Mr. Kennedy" Anderson and Chavo Guerrero. No
      word if these were the wrestlers suspended by the WWE, but it's a strong

      Talk about throwing a wrench in the works. If those are the wrestlers
      suspended then screws up the ECW championship storyline, Vince's bastard son
      storyline, the big Cena/Orton storyline, even the king of Raw storyline. I
      really feel sorry for the WWE writers. They are really hating life right
      now. I guess this next few weeks should be very interesting.
      On a final note I want to give a wrestler credit for more then being a
      wrestler. He is what I consider a real man and someone who should be looked
      up to. Not for what he does in the ring, which is phenomenal, but for his
      family values and heart. I'm talking about Marcus Cor Von, or Monte Brown.
      In case you haven't noticed he hasn't been on ECW for quite some time now.
      Not a lot of people are talking about it, out of respect for Marcus. Talking
      about wrestlers is one thing, bringing up their personal lives are
      different. Apparently something happened to Marcus's sister and he has taken
      personal time off so he can care for his 2 nieces. In JR's blog he commends
      Marcus for his allegiance to his family. Hopefully he will return sooner or
      later. Sooner would be better in my book. I kinda miss the POUUUNCE.

      Thanks for sitting down with me this week. Drop me a line and let me know
      your thoughts. Stay Cool everyone