    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2007
      Advertise on Wrestling-Online.com for only $15 per month. E-mail Us!!

      Thursday August 2nd 2007 Issue #2528

      2.5 for RAW. Wow. Can you imagine the WWE creative writers right now?
      They're all on punishment or something like that. Writing scripts 24/7 until
      the numbers come back up! LOL. I wouldn't wanna be in their shoes at the
      moment. Not that I ever want to be anyway. Being a writer on any television
      production is a big pain in the ass. And bad numbers are the reason why.

      Now with a blog! http://www.wrestling-online.com/blog
      Play Donkey Kong, Tetris, Battle Ships,
      Dragonball Z, Batman and other classic games for free!
      http://www.playflashonline.com

      > MR MCMAHON RETURNS ON RAW THIS MONDAY
      - Mr McMahon will be rising from the dead - or something like that - this
      coming Monday night on RAW as the Chairman of the WWE will be making his
      return after WWE posted a disastrous 2.5 rating this past Monday on USA
      Network. Vince McMahon, who appeared on the Chris Benoit RAW tribute and the
      next day on ECW on Sci Fi has been absent from WWE television for quite a
      few weeks now after he 'exploded' during the closing moments of RAW on June
      11th. The angle was dropped after the Benoit double murder-suicide and no
      mentions of the exploding limo or Mr McMahon's apparent death were made on
      TV ever since. "Monday night, live on Raw at 9/8 CT on USA Network, Mr.
      McMahon strikes back," says the WWE.COM website.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4953]

      > WWE POSTS 2ND QUARTER 2007 FINANCIAL RESULTS
      - Blaming the fall on 'The Condemned' movie, WWE reported just $9.7 million
      operating income compared to the $21.4 million in the prior year quarter.
      Earnings in the quarter were impacted by a $15.7 million charge related to
      the Steve Austin movie which tanked big time in the box office. Total
      revenues totaled $137.5 million as compared to $119.3 million in the prior
      year quarter. Net income was $7.0 million as compared to $14.7 million in
      the prior year quarter. The full press release can be read at
      http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070802/20070802005290.html?.v=1
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4955]

      > WRESTLEMANIA TOPS 1 MILLION BUYS
      - In the quarter earnings report released today, it was revealed that
      WrestleMania 23 did a total of 1,188,000 buys which is a record for any WWE
      event on pay-per-view. Last year's WrestleMania pulled in a total of 958,000
      which was the highest at that time. WrestleMania 23 is the only wrestling
      event to top the 1 million buys.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4954]

      > NEW MATCH ADDED TO HARD JUSTICE
      - A new match has been added to the TNA Hard Justice pay-per-view featuring
      Voodoo Kin Mafia taking on LAX. The three other matches already announced so
      far are Rhino vs James Storm in a Bar Room brawl; Steiner Brothers vs Team
      3D; Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe for all the titles.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=9]

      //->> THE CHAIR SHOT
      By Kevin I. Dodge -[kidodge@...]-

      Welcome back to my little blood stain on the mat in the squared circle of
      life. The wrestling world is still trying to pull itself back up from all
      the real life drama that has invaded the business. Let's see What is being
      done to try to make this sport any better.

      First off is the amount of wrestlers that have jumped ship for one reason or
      another to work for the competition. Well, there have been quite a few names
      brought up in the last couple of weeks. The Naturals, from TNA, will be
      trying out in a dark match for WWE on September 17th in Nashville, Tenn. TNA
      has have had the likes of Andrew "Test" Martin, Dustin Rhodes, and Matt
      Morgan all backstage. Matt was even playing the role as Jim Cornette's
      bodyguard at the last tapings. And the character that Dustin Rhodes will
      portrait is just another Goldust rip-off. To bad he has to rely on one
      specific character in the ring. But, whatever works I guess. Then from the
      short lived WSX, their heavyweight champion, Ricky Banderas is supposed to
      be James Mitchell's new monster. No word yet on when he is supposed to make
      his big debut, but he and Abyss should be a pretty good feud. It has also
      been confirmed that TNA has contacted former WWE stars Rikishi and Brian
      Christopher. There in talks of them teaming back up. The Warlord was also
      spotted in the crowd at the last tapings of Impact. He and the Barbarian
      were a monster of a tag team back in their days. Then Rene Dupree gets his
      walking papers from the WWE. Maybe he'll be the next star to show up working
      for the opposition. Or Samoa Joe? His contract is up this fall, and so far
      he has turned down every offer that he has been given. Is he planning of
      going to the WWE, or is he just being a shrewd business man and trying for a
      better contract with TNA? Only time will tell, but I will let you know if I
      hear anything.

      Speaking of new talent, this whole publicity stunt with Adam "Pacman" Jones
      is stupid. "Pacman" Jones is the Tennessee Titans cornerback who was
      suspended for a year by the NFL for numerous legal problem. No convictions
      yet, but when you get arrested or are involved in illegal activity on 11
      separate occasions in just a few years, then there's a problem. That's why
      he's is suspended. Same things with that piece of crap, Michael Vick. But,
      that's a different subject. Why would TNA want someone with such a poor
      record of professionalism to represent them? Especially with all the blows
      that wrestling has taken recently. Pacman's agent says if he and TNA come to
      an agreement then he will not perform or compete physically. His agent also
      claims that Pacman will only participate as a face and will never be a heel
      character. He would be involved in some matches, but in a non physical role.
      You know, if he's not going to get his sorry ass in the ring, then why waste
      the money and the fans time. They are paying for his name alone. Does TNA
      really think that someone like Pacman Jones is going to bring in a crowd?
      Especially when he's just sitting there on his thumb. I really think that
      the fans are going to see right past him. It won't affect their Impact
      crowds. The crowds you see at impact all get in for free. Yep, they tape
      Impact at Universal Studios down in Florida. If you pay admission to get
      into the park on the day that they are taping, then you can get into the
      show for free. After the show you can enjoy the theme park.

      I wanted to talk a little about Jerry "The King" Lawler. How wrestling
      storylines can affect real life. Did you notice how stiff his short feud
      with Booker T was? Both guys worked very stiff with each other, especially
      with their punches. Lawler ended up with a swollen face and a busted lip.
      That was on Monday night. Then at 9AM on Tuesday morning Lawler was to show
      up in court to face an assault charge on another wrestler. Sal Corrente
      filed charges when Jerry Lawler punched him during a wrestling show hosted
      by Memphis Wrestling. In court, Lawler showed up with a laptop and showed
      the judge the incident that happened. Which showed Corrente walk over to
      Lawler to get punched. Lawler also made mention to how hard he was hit just
      the night before by Booker T. His face was plenty evidence. The charges
      against the King were then dropped and he was found not guilty. Corrente
      said the court did not include incidents that happened in the parking lot,
      only what happened during the show. So the King is free and clear, and he
      has a lot of people to thank. Mostly, I believe, is Booker T. To go out and
      put on a fight, instead of just a wrestling match is asking a lot of
      someone. I have never been a huge fan of Booker, but I give credit where
      credit is due. Booker did what it took to support the business and to
      support a fellow wrestler. Going out and taking a punch or two to prove a
      point is a small sacrifice. And now his due reward will be to have a small
      feud with HHH.

      Speaking of HHH, I look forward to his return. Seeing HHH vs. King Bookaahh
      at SummerSlam seems inevitable. Booker is a consummate professional and is a
      great match up for HHH in his first match since his injury. Don't expect
      Booker to win or for the feud to go on much after SummerSlam. HHH will
      surely move on to feuding with the WWE Champion, Randy Orton. Yes, I said
      Randy Orton. He's going to take the title from Cena at SummerSlam. Cena has
      a movie to make this fall, so he needs some time off. Plus an Orton/HHH feud
      would be real exciting. You know HHH will probably be holding the belt by
      Christmas at the least. Sometimes wrestling can be pretty predictable.

      There is also 2 more injuries in the WWE. Jeff Hardy hurt his neck on that
      nasty spill he took on Raw on the 23rd. He landed right on neck and the back
      of his head after a fall off the top rope. He not only finished the match,
      but less then 30 seconds later he ran up the ropes and performed his
      "whisper in the wind". The same move that he just fell from. And Bobby
      Lashley tore his rotator cuff in his shoulder. Depending on the extent of
      the surgery he needs, he could be gone until possibly January. Best wishes
      on a speedy recovery guys.

      On a final note, I want to say thanks to all the fans that sent me their
      thoughts and questions. Keep them up everyone. Stay Cool.