    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2007
      Advertise on Wrestling-Online.com for only $15 per month. E-mail Us!!

      Tuesday July 31st 2007 Issue #2526

      Nothing to say today. Laters.

      Now with a blog! http://www.wrestling-online.com/blog
      Download the Wrestling-Online browser toolbar
      available for both FireFox and Internet Explorer
      Get all the latest news in real time!
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/interactive

      > 'PACMAN' ATTORNEY SAYS JONES WILL NOT WRESTLE
      - Worrick Robinson, an attorney for the troubled NFL player Adam 'Pacman'
      Jones said that his client will not be wrestling and will not play the role
      of a 'villain.' Considering his reputation, it will be hard for the fans to
      accept Jones as a fan favorite! While speaking to the Tennessean newspaper,
      the Tennessee Titans head coach Jeff Fisher said that what Jones is planning
      to do is not permitted in accordance with the player's contract which is why
      his attorney probably said already that Jones will not be getting into any
      in-ring action. An official statement from TNA is expected to be made public
      in the coming days.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4932]

      > LASHLEY INJURED WITH TORN ROTATOR CUFF
      - Bobby Lashley is the latest WWE Superstar to be sidelined with an injury,
      suffering from a torn rotator cuff. An angle was played out during his match
      with Mr Kennedy yesterday on RAW where he eventually lost his match against
      this year's Money in the Bank winner. While WWE.COM said that he got the
      injury thanks to Kennedy's kick, Lashley was already injured coming into the
      show, an injury he suffered in late April. Back then, Lashley visited Dr
      James Andrews in Birmingham, AL., right after his match against the McMahons
      and Umaga where surgery was ruled out for the time being. Lashley only
      missed the RAW following the PPV and then appeared again on ECW on Sci Fi.
      It is not known for how long Lashley will be out of action - if any - this
      time around. He's expected to be making another trip to Dr Andrews' office
      for a reevaluation.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4940]

      > WRESTLERS FEATURED IN US MARINES MAGAZINE
      - In the latest issue of 'Marines,' the official magazine of the US Marines
      Corps there's a section where they list former Marines who made it on
      television as stars. In the full page section, pictures of TNA's BG James,
      and WWE's Randy Orton and Sgt Slaughter are shown. Under James' photo and
      name there's 'Total Nonstop Action Wrestling' listed while under Randy Orton
      there's 'World Wrestling Entertainment' and under Sgt Slaughter - who is
      listed under his real name of Robert Remus' - there's 'World Wrestling
      Federation.' Oops! They made the list along with other notable TV
      personalities such as Montell Williams, Ed McMahon, Mills Lane, George
      Peppard, Drew Carey and others.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4939]

      > KURT ANGLE DEFENDS WWE ON BENOIT TRAGEDY
      - In a somewhat unexpected move, Kurt Angle defended his previous employer -
      WWE - when he was asked about the Chris Benoit double murder-suicide story.
      Speaking to the Tri Valley Herald newspaper, Angle said that WWE did not
      kill Chris' family. "Chris decided to do that on his own," he said, noting
      that he loved Benoit and what he stood for before committing the murders. "I
      decided to become addicted to pain killers on my own. WWE didn't do it, I
      did it. I took responsibility for what I went through. We're all independent
      contractors and we all take responsibility for our own actions," the former
      WWE champion said.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4938]

      > ANDREW 'TEST' MARTIN DEBUTS FOR TNA
      - On yesterday's TNA iMPACT! tapings, Andrew Martin - better known to
      wrestling fans as Test - made his debut for the company using the name 'The
      Punisher'. Test was suspended from WWE for 30 days back in February for
      failing one of the Wellness Program drug tests and was released from his
      contract a week after being suspended. Test returned to WWE on the July 4th
      edition of ECW on Sci Fi and remained a part of ECW till he was suspended.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4937]

      //->> WELCOME TO THE JUMBLE
      By Jen Robinson -[jenwrestlingonline@...]-

      Hello, Wrestling-Online readers, and Welcome to the Jumble!

      Wasn't it nice of John Morrison to give a rookie "15 minutes of fame" and a
      chance at the ECW Title? Yeah, that's what I thought, too. If Morrison wants
      to be taken seriously as champ, then he's got to take challenges from the
      other ECW wrestlers and not spend his time wrestling rookies. Not saying the
      rookies don't deserve some screen time, but not in a Heavyweight title
      match.

      Maybe Morrison should be challenged by Stevie Richards, a guy who just
      defeated the big vamp, Kevin Thorn. I was beginning to wonder if he would
      ever get a win again because it always seems like week to week he loses! Way
      to go, Stevie!

      Another wrestler I'd like to see facing challengers other than rookies is
      Big Daddy V. He easily defeated two rookies last Tuesday but how would he do
      against someone like Kevin Thorn or Marcus Cor Von?

      I'm really getting sick of The Miz and Extreme Expose. And that's pretty
      much all I have to say about that.

      Does anyone know why "SmackDown's" Batista shakes the ring ropes, a la The
      Ultimate Warrior? He looks silly doing it. Oh well, as long as he doesn't
      start speaking in "Warrior-ese" I'm okay with it.

      I still can't believe Hornswoggle is the Cruiserweight champion! Although
      after watching his match against Jamie Noble, I definitely see why he's the
      champ. He's got a really good handle on ring psychology. Slip under the ring
      on one side, appear from another side and blindside your opponent. It's
      classic! Great job, Hornswoggle!

      I really like this feud between MVP and Matt Hardy. Both of them are
      talented wrestlers, but MVP is totally awesome at playing a heel. He sounds
      like he truly believes that he is the most gifted wrestler on the planet.
      Maybe he actually does. I don't know him so I don't really know how he talks
      about himself, but I would like to think he's really a modest guy. I loved
      his facial expressions when Matt told him he would beat him around the world
      and get another shot at the US Title. I couldn't tell for sure if MVP was
      incredulous or scared. Perhaps a bit of both.

      Mark Henry still doesn't impress me.

      It's too bad Kane and Dave Taylor couldn't have had a longer match. What
      they had was very solid, even if it was too short.

      I know there will be people who disagree with this next observation, but The
      Great Khali actually looked sort of approachable during his Indian-themed
      celebration. He was dancing (if you could call it dancing) and smiling
      instead of frowning and looking mean. He really looked like he was having a
      good time! Then Batista had to come along and spoil it. I like Batista, I
      really do, but lately he's been acting like a child. He's throwing temper
      tantrums as if he was two years old. It really doesn't bode well for someone
      called "The Animal" to be pitching a fit when things aren't going his way.
      So Khali didn't grant him an automatic re-match for the title. So what?
      Batista had two opportunities to win it - once on "SmackDown" during the
      battle royal and once at "The Great American Bash." He didn't get it done.
      Now he needs to prove he deserves another shot and quit acting like a baby.

      The Divas' matches on "Raw" just keep getting better and better! This week
      we were treated to a 6-woman tag team match pitting Melina, Jillian Hall,
      and Beth Phoenix against Maria, Mickie James, and the Women's Champion
      Candice Michelle. This is the kind of stuff I've been wanting the WWE to do
      for years! Honest-to-goodness wrestling matches involving the Divas! Not the
      typical T&A fluff garbage they usually give us. And these six women work
      well together, too, which is a definite plus. The finishing move done by
      Melina and Jillian on Maria for the win was great! Keep it up, ladies!

      Santino Marella sure didn't show any brains when he questioned the judgment
      of the referee from the Divas' match because all his bluster got him was a
      quick defeat at the hands of Umaga.

      Jonathan Coachman told Cody Rhodes not to touch Randy Orton during the show
      or he would no longer have a WWE career. Then what? Was there ever a time
      during the night that Randy and Cody were even near each other? Did I miss
      it? Cody wrestled and defeated Davari (another stipulation from Coach was
      Cody had to beat Davari to stay in the WWE) but I never once saw Randy.
      Later on that night, Randy wrestled Sgt. Slaughter, sending him out of the
      ring on a stretcher a la Dusty Rhodes, but I never once saw Cody. So why
      bother telling Cody not to attack Randy if they weren't going to be around
      each other? There was no confrontation, no build-up, no wondering if Randy
      was going to goad Cody into hitting him. Nothing. Seemed kind of like a
      waste of a threat on the Coach's part.

      Major kudos to Misterrrrrrr Kennedy (dramatic pause) Kennedy! I know he's a
      good wrestler but I didn't think he'd be allowed (since we all know WWE
      plans the outcome of the matches) to defeat Bobby Lashley. Everyone acts
      like Lashley is some unstoppable force but he really isn't. He's human.
      Unfortunately, being human means you can get hurt and it looks like Lashley
      did. He was holding onto his shoulder and eventually accepted some help from
      referees and Jerry Lawler to get out of the ring. I sincerely hope this
      injury doesn't put him out of action and he can continue his feud with Mr.
      Kennedy because this feud could really go places!

      Speaking of Jerry Lawler, he actually won his match against King Booker, I'm
      sorry, Book-ah! Yes it was by disqualification but a win is still a win! Go,
      Jerry!

      Carlito finally got his wish for a match against the Champ, John Cena, and
      the match was a good one, too. Good action, solid moves. It should've gone
      to a no-question ending, but that wasn't about to happen with Randy Orton,
      the #1 contender, sitting at ringside. Randy interfered and distracted Cena,
      allowing Carlito to get the upper-hand and the win on the Champ. I know this
      was done to keep the feud between Cena and Orton hot, but I feel like
      Carlito got the short end of the stick. He's a talented guy and was finally
      getting what he wanted, but Randy just had to get involved and blow any
      chance Carlito had for an ending that proved he could hold his own in the
      ring with Cena. If I was Carlito I'd demand a match against Randy to "thank"
      him for screwing up the ending of my match and then I'd demand another match
      against Cena for the title this time. It probably won't happen, but Carlito
      deserves it.

      Before I go, I want to send best wishes to Edge! They announced on
      "SmackDown" that the surgery on his torn pectoral muscle was successful. Now
      he can focus on recovering and getting back to where he was before. Just
      take it easy, Edge. No rush. The ring will be there no matter how long it
      takes to fully recuperate!

      Take care, everyone, and I'll see you next week!