    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2007
      Advertise on Wrestling-Online.com for only $15 per month. E-mail Us!!

      Thursday July 12th 2007 Issue #2513

      Phew. 15 hours at work today instead of 8. Not that I'm complaining for
      overtime...but going over 10 hours without food during the day is not
      something that I'm used to...and that wasn't cool.

      Now it's time for bed! Later.

      Now with a blog! http://www.wrestling-online.com/blog
      Wrestle Warehouse
      Wrestling Masks! WWE Classic Wrestling Figures!
      BUY 2 Wrestling Masks & Get 1 FREE
      http://www.wrestlewarehouse.com

      > MORE WRESTLERS NAMED IN DR ASTIN STEROID PROBE
      - A news report on WAGA-TV in Atlanta yesterday reported that from the
      medical records that the DEA confiscated from Dr Phil Astin's office it
      resulted that seven former WWE, WCW and ECW Superstars received steroids and
      pain killers prescriptions from the doc over the past few years. These are
      Lex Luger, Marcus Bagwell, Johnny Grunge, Mark Jindrak, Bob Holly, Rey
      Mysterio and Chris Benoit. Nancy Benoit's name was also on the list. Astin's
      attorney said numerous times on television and on print that the doctor
      never prescribed anything illegal to Chris Benoit. The doc is also being
      investigated in the death of former Public Enemy member Johnny Grunge, who
      passed away on February 16th at his residence in Peachtree City, GA. Astin
      pleaded not guilty when he was arraigned last week. His attorney said that
      depending on the outcome of the investigation he might change it to a guilty
      plea and bargain with the federal government.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4833]

      > ASSOCIATED PRESS SAYS SOME TESTS ON BENOIT READY
      - The Associated Press is reporting that some of the chemical tests on the
      bodies of Chris, Nancy and Daniel Benoit are ready but officials do not want
      to reveal the tests until all results are in. "We're going to discuss what
      we find with local investigators and they can determine what they want to
      release," said John Bankhead, spokesman for the Georgia Bureau of
      Investigation. There were some problems with the body of Nancy Benoit as it
      was already in a decomposing stage and that prevented some tests from being
      done. Toxicology and blood-alcohol tests were done on Chris' body while
      chemical tests were done on Nancy and Daniel. An outside lab was hired to do
      testing for steroids. "There is going to be some interpretation of what was
      found," Bankhead said, without elaborating.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4802]

      > WWE OFFERING REFUNDS FOR POSTPONED CANADIAN SHOWS
      - The four day Canadian tour which were supposed to happen at the end of
      this weekend with RAW and Smackdown!/ECW tapings as well have now been
      completely canceled. The shows - in Saskatoon, Regina, Calgary and Edmonton
      - were postponed just days after the Chris Benoit double murder-suicide
      incident occurred and initially WWE said they were going to reschedule these
      shows for a later date. However the company is now offering refunds from the
      point of purchase.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4807]

      > MORE PICS OF BROOKE HOGAN
      - Seven more pictures of Hulk Hogan's daughter Brooke and her two new tits
      in bikini have been released. As reported yesterday, paparazzi snapped pics
      of Brooke while on holiday and she looked pretty much big from the top
      compared to previous pictures! Hey Brooke, if singing fails, I'm sure
      McMahon will be calling! After all she already has the main thing needed for
      WWE to be a Diva....no, not talent, but a decent rack! Brooke Hogan looks
      stunning however on the beach! You can see all the seven pictures in high
      resolution at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/News_9/brooke_hogan_bikini.shtml
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4857]

      > FOX NEWS SHOWS 2002 INTERVIEW WITH LINDA MCMAHON
      - FOX News were advertising that WWE CEO Linda McMahon would be appearing on
      The O'Reilly Factor yesterday as part of the coverage of the Chris Benoit
      double murder-suicide story. Linda McMahon did appear alright, but it was a
      taped interview from five years ago that she did with the show. Somehow, FOX
      News forgot to mention that very important part. And we thought their motto
      was "fair and balanced."

      > SMACKDOWN WORD ADDED TO DICTIONARY
      - Believe it or not, the word 'smackdown' has been added to the 2007
      Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, Eleventh Edition as an official
      word. WWE is taking all the credit for it saying that since Smackdown! made
      its debut in 1999 it became part of pop culture, making the word common use
      by the general public. The word is officially defined as: "1: the act of
      knocking down or bringing down an opponent 2: a contest in entertainment
      wrestling 3: a decisive defeat 4: a confrontation between rivals or
      competitors."
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4858]

      > RAW TANKS IN THE RATINGS
      - RAW keeps dropping in the ratings with this week the number being a 3.4
      rating with a 5.6 share, down from the 3.8 of last week. It had hours of 3.0
      and 3.7, which are disastrous numbers for the company, especially the first
      hour. AM Raw last weekend pulled a 0.8 rating with a 3.4 share. (Ratings
      compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)