    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2007
      Advertise on Wrestling-Online.com for only $15 per month. E-mail Us!!

      Friday June 15th 2007 Issue #2493

      For those of you subscribed to our TXTAlert service with Verizon, it seems
      that there was a problem with the Verizon system and none of the txt
      messages sent today went through to those using their service.

      W-O Newsletter reader Andy sent in a correction from yesterday's story about
      Ashley being on Survivor. Apparently the rules do not prohibit contestants
      from appearing on television until they are eliminated or the season ends as
      incorrectly stated in yesterday's issue.

      Now with a blog! http://www.wrestling-online.com/blog
      Wrestle Warehouse
      Wrestling Masks! WWE Classic Wrestling Figures!
      BUY 2 Wrestling Masks & Get 1 FREE
      http://www.wrestlewarehouse.com

      > 'SENSATIONAL' SHERRI PASSES AWAY
      - WWE Hall of Famer 'Sensational' Sherri Martel passed away at age 49
      earlier today. No cause of death has been reported as of yet. Born on
      February 8th 1958 as Sherri Russell, she was one of the most recognizable
      female managers in professional wrestling and performed for the AWA, ECW,
      WCW and WWE. In 1986 she became the AWA Women's champion and a year later
      went to WWE to defeat The Fabulous Moolah for the WWE Women's title. Martel
      managed almost two dozen of wrestling Superstars throughout her career
      mainly 'Macho Man' Randy Savage, 'The Million Dollar' Man Ted DiBiase,
      'Nature Boy' Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Harlem Heat and others. She was
      inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by Ted DiBiase on April 1st 2006 the day
      prior to WrestleMania 22 where her induction speech was one of the most
      lively in all of the previous HOF ceremonies. She also appeared on the PPV
      when the Hall of Famers were introduced to the crowd. Her last TV appearance
      was on TNA in the last quarter of 2006 doing a backstage segment on TNA
      iMPACT! Our thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4775]

      > VENTURA MEETS MCMAHON IN STAMFORD
      - Dave Meltzer of the Observer reported yesterday that former Minnesota
      Governor Jesse Ventura was in Stamford, CT., at the WWE world headquarters
      to meet with Chairman Vince McMahon. It's not known what the meeting was all
      about but one has to wonder if there are talks to replace McMahon's on air
      persona with a new authority figure to run the show on TV. Ventura would be
      a tremendous addition again and will get some press talking about it
      considering his political past.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4774]

      > SMACKDOWN! PREVIEW
      - The following matches have been taped for tonight's Smackdown! on the CW
      Network. Matt Hardy vs William Regal; Deuce & Domino vs Paul London & Brian
      Kendrick; Batista vs MVP; Shannon Moore vs Jimmy Wang Yang vs Daivari vs
      Jamie Noble; Edge vs Ric Flair.

      > TNA LAUNCHES COMMUNITY AREA
      = TNA Wrestling along with Digital Produce launched a new community website
      for TNA where you can check out fan sites, blogs, videos and other TNA
      related information uploaded by TNA Wrestling fans. The page is sort of a
      MySpace and Hi5 look-a-like but only dedicated to TNA fans. To help increase
      the number of subscribers and profiles, TNA will be uploading exclusive
      videos and photos which will not be available anywhere else. You can check
      it out at http://www.xtremeregime.com
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4776]