    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2007
      Advertise on Wrestling-Online.com for only $15 per month. E-mail Us!!

      Monday May 14th 2007 Issue #2472

      If you are going to RAW tonight please drop us some notes from the show.
      Thank you.

      Now with a blog! http://www.wrestling-online.com/blog
      Play Donkey Kong, Tetris, Battle Ships,
      Dragonball Z, Batman and other classic games for free!
      http://www.playflashonline.com

      > KURT ANGLE WINS TITLE AT SACRIFICE
      - TNA held their Sacrifice pay-per-view yesterday in Orlando, FL., at the
      Universal Studios. Here are the results from the show. Chris Sabin defeated
      Jay Lethal and Sonjay Dutt in an X Division title match; Robert Roode
      defeated Jeff Jarrett; Christopher Daniels defeated Rhino; Basham & Damaja
      defeated VKM's Kip James; Chris Harris defeated James Storm in a Texas Death
      match; Jerry Lynn defeated Tiger Mask, Alex Shelley and Senshi; Team 3-D
      defeated Scott Steiner & Tomko and LAX in a tag team title match; Samoa Joe
      defeated AJ Styles; Kurt Angle defeated Christian Cage and Sting in the
      heavyweight title match.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4633]

      > NWA ENDS RELATIONSHIP WITH TNA
      - TNA Wrestling's use of the NWA name for their titles has come to an end
      this week as NWA regained control over all their titles loaned to TNA. When
      the company started five years ago, NWA had an agreement with TNA which gave
      the company control of the titles however things changed and NWA weren't
      happy with what TNA was doing. The company received their new Heavyweight
      and Tag Team titles and will be using those from now onwards. An
      announcement should be made during today's iMPACT! tapings.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4638]

      > WWE ENERGY DRINKS IN WAL-MART STARTING TOMORROW
      - WWE's energy drinks 'WWE Slammin' Citrus' and 'WWE RAW Attitude' powered
      by Socko will be hitting nearly all Wal-Mart shelves nationwide starting
      tomorrow. The energy drinks are part of Bliss' 'Socko Energy' line - their
      flagship product. Eric Bischoff and his friend and business partner Jason
      Hervey from Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment are responsible for the branding
      of Socko and are the ones who approached WWE for the initial deal.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4562]

      > MCMAHON GIVES SPEECH AT SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY
      - WWE Chairman Vince McMahon gave a speech to around 1,000 Sacred Heart
      University graduates in Fairfield, CT., over the weekend and received an
      honorary doctor of humane letters degree. His wife Linda McMahon - CEO of
      WWE and a member of the Sacred Heart Board of Trustees - presented him with
      a hood just moments before he tossed his cap into the chairs to kick off his
      speech. "I'm not going to tell you how to run your life. I have a difficult
      enough time running my own," said McMahon to start. McMahon talked to the
      graduates about growing up in a poor and volatile environment, going to
      school and eventually getting where he is today. McMahon wasn't wearing any
      bandanas this time around, showing his growing hair to the public after
      getting it shaved at WrestleMania 23!
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4641]

      > RAW PREVIEW
      - The only match announced for tonight's RAW is the former ECW champion
      Bobby Lashley taking on Mr McMahon's executive assistant Jonathan Coachman.
      Also the newly crowned World Heavyweight champion Edge will be on the show
      to say goodbye to his RAW fans as he is moving permanently to Smackdown - at
      least for the time being.

      > WWE TO BEGIN BROADCASTING IN HD NEXT YEAR
      - All the great televisions shows air in high definition. Most major sports
      air on high-def as well. Hell, some stations even broadcast their news in
      HD. But WWE is taking time to jump on the bandwagon and starting
      broadcasting in HD. But that will change in 2008...or at least, that's the
      plan. During the shareholders meeting last week Vince McMahon announced that
      WWE will be shifting to HDTV starting from next year. McMahon said that
      trials held last year during non-televised live events looked great but the
      company waited to launch HD due to production costs and technical issues.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4640]

      > TWO MORE PROMOTIONS AT WWE
      - WWE has promoted two of its employees over the weekend along with
      Stephanie McMahon-Levesque. Geof Rochester has been named the new Executive
      Vice President of Marketing and will be responsible for global marketing,
      integrated brand initiatives, talent branding, live events, pay-per-view,
      advertising and promotions, research, creative services, and public and
      government relations. He has been with the company since November of 2006
      and will be reporting to Vince McMahon. John Laurinaitis was also promoted
      to Senior Vice President of Talent Relations and will be reporting to the
      new Executive Vice President of the same department and Creative, Stephanie
      McMahon Levesque. Laurinaitis has served as WWE's Vice President of Talent
      Relations since June 2004 and joined WWE in 2001.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4639]