    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 2:05 PM
      Advertise on Wrestling-Online.com for only $15 per month. E-mail Us!!

      Wednesday May 2nd 2007 Issue #2464

      We have more content on the blog from our friends at AT&T, who keep us
      updated with all the latest cool stuff happening in music etc. Check them
      out at http://www.wrestling-online.com/blog

      Now with a blog! http://www.wrestling-online.com/blog
      Play Donkey Kong, Tetris, Battle Ships,
      Dragonball Z, Batman and other classic games for free!
      http://www.playflashonline.com

      > FORMER WWE EXEC AND PARTNER IN CRIME SENTENCED TO PRISON
      - Jim Bell, former WWE Senior Vice President of Licensing and Merchandising
      and Stanley Shenker who was a license agent were today sentenced to prison
      for their kickback scheme, screwing WWE over merchandising deals in 2000.
      Bell was sentenced to eight months in prison and three years probation while
      his partner in crime was sentenced to two years and nine months in prison
      and three years probation. Bell accepted kickbacks - a total of approximate
      $950,000 - in return for steering the licensing rights for several of the
      company's products to Stanley Shenker and Associates. Both of them had to
      pay WWE back what they did illegally with Shenker close to $3 million and
      Bell nearly $1 million.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4581]

      > WWE OFFERS FREE TICKETS TO VIRGINIA TECH STUDENTS FOR SUNDAY SHOW
      - Say what you want about WWE and Vince McMahon, but when it comes to either
      helping the military or tackling events such as 9/11, the company shows you
      that there is a heart after all. When WWE comes to Roanoke Civic Center this
      Sunday for a live event in Roanoke, VA., students who attend the Virginia
      Tech will be allowed to enter for free if they provide their student ID at
      the box office on event day. The event starts at 3PM and doors open at 2PM
      and you will get one complimentary ticket per VT student ID. WWE is doing
      this to show support and help Virginia Tech students get some sort of
      normality back in their life after the massacre of last month.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4580]

      > TAKER VS BATISTA IN A CAGE NEXT WEEK ON SMACKDOWN!
      - The Undertaker's reign as World champion looks like it will end next week
      as during the Smackdown! tapings it was announced that the Dead Man will
      take on Batista again for the title inside a steel cage match. The Judgment
      Day pay-per-view main event between the two is obviously off and it will be
      interesting to see who will be stepping up to take Undertaker's spot in the
      main event picture. 'Taker suffered a torn bicep tendon during his match at
      Backlash and is expected to be out till at least the beginning of 2008.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4583]

      > CAPPOTELLI BRAIN SURGERY SUCCESSFUL
      - Tough Enough III and former Ohio Valley Wrestling champion Matt Cappotelli
      underwent brain surgery yesterday to attempt to remove a growing brain
      tumor. According to WWE.COM, the surgery was a success although no more
      information was made available. Cappotelli was diagnosed with brain cancer
      in December 2005 just a few weeks before he was supposed to be called to the
      main WWE roster.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4582]