    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2007
      Advertise on Wrestling-Online.com for only $15 per month. E-mail Us!!

      Friday April 13th 2007 Issue #2451

      Thanks to everyone who participated in the Wrestlemaniac DVD competition.
      Please do not ask if you won or not. The competition is open till this
      Wednesday and no winners will be chosen till then. For those of you who
      missed it, we have all the info regarding this at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/blog/?cat=4

      The folks over at AT&T also submitted some new content for the Blog. It's
      more crib tours from NFL players. Everything at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/blog/

      Now with a blog! http://www.wrestling-online.com/blog
      Play Donkey Kong, Tetris, Battle Ships,
      Dragonball Z, Batman and other classic games for free!
      http://www.playflashonline.com

      > WWE PREVENTS LAWLER FROM WRESTLING HOGAN IN MEMPHIS
      - Yesterday's press conference at the FedEx Forum in Memphis, TN., took an
      unexpected turn as the Hulk Hogan vs Jerry Lawler match which was supposed
      to take place on April 27th was called off by The King. The WWE Hall of
      Famer stated that WWE has prevented him from participating since - among
      other reasons - footage will be appearing on VH1's 'Hogan Knows Best'. Even
      though before WWE Superstars appeared on the series, Hogan's relationship
      with WWE isn't on best terms at the moment and Hogan said that he thinks
      it's all a plan to get back to him. Announced at the press conference was
      Hogan vs Paul Wight, formerly known as the Big Show, who will be replacing
      Lawler.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4491]

      > ECW RATING
      - ECW on Sci Fi this past Tuesday did a 1.7 rating with a 2.7 share which is
      the same rating they pulled in the past few weeks. (Ratings compiled by
      Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

      > SMACKDOWN! PREVIEW
      - The following matches have been taped for tonight's Smackdown! on The CW
      Network. Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs Deuce & Domino; MVP vs Chris
      Benoit; Kane vs Daivari; Undertaker & Batista vs Mr Kennedy & Finlay.

      > JEFF JARRETT RETURNS TO TNA
      - After six months off TNA television, the former NWA champion Jeff Jarrett
      made his return during yesterday's TNA iMPACT! television show which in
      reality was taped three weeks ago. Jarrett's last appearance was on the
      first show following Bound for Glory in October after he lost his title to
      Sting. During his time off from the ring, Jarrett continued his office
      duties with TNA where his official title is Vice President of TNA
      Entertainment.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4501]

      > TICKETS UPDATE ON TNA PPV LOCKDOWN
      - With TNA's Lockdown pay-per-view just a couple of days away, TNA has sold
      around 3,000 tickets so far for the show which is just right under half
      capacity of what the arena will be holding. The show will be held in St
      Louis, MO., at the Family Arena which has a 10,400 capacity in a basketball
      set up. Tickets are being sold at Metrotix.com and at the arena box office
      and are priced from $15 to $150 ringside. A fan interaction event will also
      be held tomorrow.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4180]

      //->> THE WRESTLING AUTHORITY
      By Oren Kurtz -[syxx_ok@...]-

      Hello there my faithful readers and welcome to another installment of "The
      Wrestling Authority".

      To begin my column today, I have to say that if one looks at the bigger
      picture of the WWE today (I've said it before and I will say it again, TNA
      is right now not a part of the main-stream wrestling scene) and not just at
      current angles, one can see that the WWE is going through a positive
      transition.

      First, more competitiveness displayed in the angles - #1 contender's spot
      are being looked upon as something important, being a #1 contender actually
      MEANS something, and that is because the biggest guys in the company are
      involved in title-related story lines (and not story lines in which they
      dump crap from the top of the arena, for instance).

      Second, the fact that the brand-split is now virtually gone, WWE TV has
      become much less predictable as the match makers have a lot more guys to
      pick and choose from when they look at possible feuds.

      Now, all that we need is a combination of what we already have (a very
      talented roster and the air of unpredictability), and spice it up with some
      cool, non-soap opera like story lines, and we've got ourselves a wrestling
      company headed into the right direction.

      Speaking of story lines, I actually received some emails about the link in
      my last column, about the guy who claims to be a part of the WWE's creative
      division. I only have two things to say on the subject - A. I don't know if
      he's legit or not (nor do I really care, I like reading funny things, I
      don't focus on who writes them), and B. MY first name is not Internet
      explorer, and my last name is certainly not favorites. I'm giving you the
      link again but stop bugging me for it in the future -
      http://blog.myspace.com/realwrestlinginsider

      As most of you probably guessed, if I'm not having an in-depth analysis of
      the latest happenings of the wrestling world then there's probably a
      Wrestling Authority Special today. And indeed - we do. Today I look at the
      WrestleMania I view as the greatest of all time - WrestleMania 18.

      In my personal view, the top 3 Manias are 3, 15, and 18. Each for it's own
      reasons - 3 had the biggest crowd ever and the biggest title match in
      history, 15 saw the WWE in the best momentum it EVER had and was the only
      time in WrestleMania history that the two biggest draws of an era wrestled
      each other in the main event while at their prime (and in my subjective
      view, it was the prime of both characters).

      BUT - and that's a big but, no other WrestleMania included almost every main
      eventer of the previous 10 years like WrestleMania 18. True, the show had
      it's fault, it was taking place after the WCW buy out, an acquisition that
      caused the WWE car to slow its speed, and it took place during the last days
      of the attitude era, which meant that half of the angles took place in board
      room meetings, BUT - no one can deny two things - A. Almost every major
      superstar in the past 20 years appeared on the show. Other than HBK and
      Michaels they were all there - Flair, Angle, Taker, Rock, Austin, Kane,
      Hogan, Hall & Nash, Christian and Edge. More importantly, most of them could
      perform at the top of their game or somewhere near it.

      And no one can deny the fact that the two biggest entertainers in the WWE's
      history collided on that show in an atmosphere that is really hard to even
      begin to understand. Hogan & The Rock could have stank the place up so badly
      that you would smell the stench in a different continent - the crowd made
      that match to be so special. And of course, having around 70,000 people
      watch the show gave it the extra sizzle.

      Prior to that Mania the WWE was in a horrible direction as it had a total of
      22 minutes of in ring action on RAW two weeks before Mania, but that show
      just eclipsed anything that the WWE were doing at the time. Every match met
      its expectations if not exceeding it, and for me, the best moment of it was
      actually in the mid card the ending of the Booker T VS Edge match. You
      should watch it, as it really was poetry in motion.

      Anyway, that's it for me this week, next week I'll be back to normal, if you
      want to leave any comments or death threats - syxx_ok@...