    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 1999

      W R E S T L I N G - O N L I N E
      N E W S L E T T E R

      Sunday, February 21st, 1999

      I S S U E # 2 8 0

      The Official daily newsletter of Wrestling-Online.com

      ----------------------------------
      | Editor: |
      | Colin Vassallo |
      | Editor@... |
      ----------------------------------

      ****** GET YOUR OWN "YOURNAME 3:16" T-SHIRTS FROM
      http://www.spcltees.com/316.html FOR JUST $10!!! DURABLE IMPRINT ON
      GREAT QUALITY HANES 50/50 HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRTS! SPCLTEES.COM - OFFICIAL
      MERCHANDISE MAKERS FOR WRESTLING-ONLINE.COM ******

      IN THE HEADLINES TODAY....

      >> WCW SuperBrawl IX tonight ...
      >> Sunday Night Heat preview ...
      >> Goldberg on Leno, challenges Austin ...
      >> WWF News ...
      >> WCW News ...

      We passed the 11,000 subscribers! Wooo! Keep 'em coming! :)

      We will not do play by play for SuperBrawl on IRC tonight, so the only
      option is either buy it from WCW.com or order it on PPV! Sorry guys!

      >> WCW SUPERBRAWL IX TONIGHT
      By Colin Vassallo, [Editor@...]

      Tonight, live from Oakland, California, WCW will present SuperBrawl IX!

      Full card is the following. (Subject to change)

      Heavyweight Title Match
      Hollywood Hogan vs. Ric Flair

      Goldberg vs. Bam Bam Bigelow

      Tag Team Title Match
      Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko vs. Barry Windham & Curt Hennig

      US Title Match
      Scott Hall vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper

      Cruserweight Title Match
      Chavo Guerrero vs. Kidman

      Hair vs. Mask
      Kevin Nash & Lex Luger vs. Rey Mysterio & Konnan

      Booker T vs. Disco Inferno

      DDP vs. Scott Steiner

      Chris Jericho vs. Saturn

      You can order the PPV or else go to
      http://www.wcw.com/html/wcwebcast_index.shtml and order the Netcast from
      WCW.com, which will have full video coverage of the event. Cost is $7.95

      >> SUNDAY NIGHT HEAT PREVIEW
      Credit: WWF.com

      The temperature on television has been rising. This Sunday, when HEAT
      comes to you on the USA Network, the mercury is bound to boil. Here’s
      just a sampling as to why. Shane
      McMahon, the new European Champion due to a victory over X-Pac (thanks
      in part to Corporate Chyna), will put the Championship on the line this
      Sunday on HEAT. Who will his opponent be? There are many contenders
      worthy of a crack at the Championship. Will Shane be over his head?
      Those questions will be answered when Shane McMahon defends
      the European Championship this Sunday on HEAT at 7/6 c.

      After losing his World Wrestling Federation Championship to The Rock
      last Monday on RAW, former Champion Mankind will make a public address.
      Certainly, there are many issues
      that need explaining. Each of them holds a minefield of possibilities.
      Will Mankind ask for a rematch? Will he ask for a non-title match
      against The Rock? Mankind has granted "the Great One" such favors in the
      past, after all. Who knows what Mankind will say when he speaks for the
      first time since losing the Federation Championship. There is a way to
      find out. You’ve got it! Tune into HEAT this Sunday on the USA Network
      at 7/6!

      Last Monday on RAW, the world witnessed the Undertaker hand Shane an
      envelope. The Lord of Darkness told Shane to deliver the envelope to his
      father. What is contained in the
      envelope? What will its contents mean for Mr. McMahon? This Sunday on
      HEAT McMahon will have no choice but to respond to the Undertaker.

      All this and some of the hottest action in sports-entertainment will
      burn up the USA Network this Sunday when HEAT airs at 7/6 c! Feed the
      fire! Watch HEAT this Sunday evening!

      Don't forget that before HEAT hits the USA Network, the WWF.COM crew
      will broadcast Pre-HEAT at 6:30pm EST!

      >> GOLDBERG ON LENO, CHALLENGES AUSTIN
      By Joe DeLeon

      Bill Goldberg made a guest appearance on the 2/19 episode of NBC's
      Tonight Show with Jay Leno. He did indeed issue a challenge to WWF's
      Stone Cold Steve Austin.

      As you would expect, The Tonight Show featured several highlights of
      Goldberg on WCW television.

      Goldberg made his way out onto the stage, wearing see-through black
      T-shirt and pants. He kissed both Kevin Costner and Calista Flockhart's
      (Ally McBeal) hands, who were previous guests on the show. Leno made a
      joke of it (kissing), saying Goldberg was very good at it. Goldberg said
      Leno was just jealous he didn't get a kiss on his hand.

      Goldberg said Goldberg was his real name. He mentioned that his original
      wrestling name was The Assassin, but he wanted to come up with something
      original.

      Leno asked Goldberg about his NFL career, and thought he played for the
      Oakland Raiders, but Goldberg corrected him, saying it was The Atlanta
      Falcons. Goldberg said he played football for three years, and
      encountered a career threatening abdominal injury, which made him move
      on to professional wrestling. He said everything from there then worked
      out okay. He said that his accountant was the one who told him he needed
      to get up, and so something, which was wrestling.

      Leno made a joke, asking Goldberg if his parents were wrestlers.
      Goldberg said they were the "famous tag team of the west," but then said
      his father was really a gynecologist, and his mother was a concert
      violinist. Goldberg said his dad hung the phone up on him whenever he
      told his dad he would become a wrestler. But now, they really enjoy it,
      and are at every wrestling event they can possibly attend.

      Leno mentioned out he had a great time at the August Road Wild PPV,
      because the wrestlers were very nice to everyone, including the kids.
      Goldberg said he does his work for kids.

      Leno mentioned Stone Cold Steve Austin, saying people think Goldberg is
      just a mockery of the WWF star. Goldberg said he was tired of everyone
      saying he was just a mockery of Austin. He said he was Goldberg, and
      everyone knew that. He issued a challenge to Austin. He said he would
      put his "100,000 grand on-the-line," and would fight him anywhere,
      anytime, including the NBC studios. Leno joked around, acting like an
      announcer promoting the match. He also said Costner and Flockhart could
      get involved.

      Leno finished off the show by plugging the Super Brawl IX PPV, and
      Costner and Flockhart's things.

      NewsStation - http://www.wrestling-online.com/newsstation/

      - Last weekend ratings:
      LiveWire = 2.5
      Superstars = 2.1
      RAW Saturday Night = 4.3 (Hours of 3.8 and 4.8)
      HEAT = 4.1

      - If you order WrestleMania XV on March 28 on PPV, you will get a free
      gift...a limited first-edition of The Undertaker "Undertaker and the
      Creatures of the Night" comic book.

      Send in your copy of the cable or satellite bill indicating the purchase
      of WrestleMania XV to the following address:

      WRESTLEMANIA XV OFFER
      P.O. Box 5488
      Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5488

      You must send it in by May 31, 1999.

      - This past Thursday on the nationally syndicated talk show, Roseanne,
      there was an unconfirmed report the National Enquirer that World
      Wrestling Federation owner Vince McMahon would step into the ring
      against Playboy Magazine head-honcho Hugh Hefner.
      Roseanne, who despite a previous lawsuit against the Enquirer pens a
      column for the
      publication, hinted the match would be a result of World Wrestling
      Federation Women’s Champion Sable appearing in Playboy. Is this true?
      Will Mr. McMahon and the world’s most recognized "lady’s man" tangle in
      the ring? (WWF.com)

      - The night before WrestleMania XIV, the WWF will be holding a
      WrestleMania Rage Party
      at the newly restored Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia,
      PA. There will be "Nationally known live bands from metal to rap" to
      perform, superstars will be there, and there will also be a ring set up,
      so Philly fans could be seeing some pre-WM action.

      In addition to the big party in the Grand Hall of the Pennsylvania
      Convention Center, theupstairs ballroom will host "CLUB ATTITUDE," where
      fans will be treated to some hot
      dance music. Some WWF stars may also join in. Tickets for this party is
      limited, so check wrestlemaniaxv.com in the future for details on how to
      join. Details and location of ticket sales haven't been released yet.
      (Big 3)

      NewsStation - http://www.wrestling-online.com/newsstation/

      - Dave Meltzer reports that Rick Rude was originally going to be a heel
      announcer for Thunder, but due to his aweful stint as the Nitro
      Blackstage Blast announcer, the plan might have been nixed. But knowing
      WCW, despite Rude's aweful announcing skills, he may be on Nitro anyway.
      I mean they kept Tenay, Shiavone, and Zbysco didn't they? (Scott Wilson)

      - Meltzer also notes that Brian Hildebrand, better known as WCW referee
      Mark Curtis, who has cancer, recently took his WCW expense paid
      honeymoon to Las Vegas. (Scott Wilson)

      - I'm not sure if this was reported earlier or not, but WCW's own Meng
      was on Mortal Kombat. He played some kind of guy posessed by a spirit
      and sent to kill Kung Lao. He even did a nice powerbomb. The only sounds
      he made was grunts, like the old Incredible Hulk. And of course, he
      lost. (WrestlingHeadlines)

      - Mr. Fuji is suing THQ and WCW over a character in NWO vs. WCW which is
      called Master Fuji and resembles him. (Informer)

      - This is an EXCLUSIVE logo release
      (http://www.damagesports.com/1999nWo.jpg) of the new World order logo
      for 1999! The logo was leaked to Damage Sports by upper management
      from World Championship Wrestling a few hours ago. Right now the logo
      has not been released but you can look for it in the coming weeks on
      Monday Nitro. Damage Sports Headquarters your official supplier of
      WCW/nWo Merchandise will release the "NEW nWo LOGO" T-Shirts as soon as
      WCW/nWo gives us the go ahead. You can check us out at Damage Sports or
      call 770-565-1328 (Smackdown Newsboard/sCt)

      - Thunder taping results:

      Hack (aka Sandman) vs. Damien
      Winner: Hack

      Hector Garza vs. Psychosis
      Winner: Psychosis

      Earnest Miller vs. Stevie Ray
      Winner: Earnest Miller

      Kanyon & Raven vs. El Dandy & One of the Villanos
      Winner: Kanyon & Raven

      Blitzkrieg vs Juventud Guerrera
      Winner: Juventud Guerrera

      Disco Inferno vs. Bret Hart