    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2007
      Advertise on Wrestling-Online.com for only $15 per month. E-mail Us!!

      Sunday April 1st 2007 Issue #2443

      In just a few hours, we will witness the showcase of the immortals,
      wrestling's most important event of the year, WrestleMania. Returning to a
      stadium setting since WrestleMania 19, this year's Mania will be the largest
      since the one in Toronto at WrestleMania 18 in terms of attendance and
      without a doubt the best Mania when it comes to production. I'll be watching
      live on pay-per-view and I'm pretty sure most of you will too. If you never
      buy a WWE PPV during the year, this is what you should get. It doesn't get
      any bigger than this.

      Don't forget you can access an exclusive photo gallery and video clips that
      are used to promote WrestleMania 23 at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/specialreport/wm23/

      Enjoy the show.

      Now with a blog! http://www.wrestling-online.com/blog
      Check out our Video Vault section for
      Wrestling videos available for download
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/videovault/

      > WRESTLEMANIA 23 LIVE ON PPV TONIGHT
      - It's finally here. After all the anticipation and a long road, tonight
      RAW, Smackdown! and ECW present WrestleMania 23 live from the sold-out Ford
      Field in Detroit, MI. The card is as follows. Chris Benoit vs MVP for the
      United States title; The Great Khali vs Kane; ECW Originals Rob Van Dam,
      Sabu, Tommy Dreamer and Sandman vs the New Breed with Elijah Burke, Kevin
      Thorne, Matt Striker and Marcus Cor Von; Melina vs Ashley for the WWE
      Women's title; Money In The Bank Ladder match with Finlay vs Matt Hardy vs
      Jeff Hardy vs Randy Orton vs Edge vs CM Punk vs Mr Kennedy vs Booker T;
      Bobby Lashley with Donald Trump in his corner vs Umaga with Vince McMahon in
      his corner in a hair vs hair match; Undertaker vs Batista for the World
      Heavyweight title; and John Cena vs Shawn Michaels for the WWE Heavyweight
      title.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4435]

      > HOGAN VS LAWLER NEXT MONTH
      - The 10,000 seater Mid-South Coliseum will be hosting a memorable event for
      Memphis Wrestling fans as on April 27th, two legends of professional
      wrestling will go head to head - Jerry 'The King' Lawler vs Hulk Hogan. The
      two WWE Hall of Famers will wrestle against each other for the first time in
      over two decades. Last year, Hogan challenged Lawler while he was in Memphis
      with his daughter Brooke and Lawler replied saying that he knows where he
      can find him. This will probably be airing on Hogan Knows Best season 4 as
      right now they are filming episodes.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4434]

      > WILLIAM SHATNER MANAGES TO STINK UP LAWLER'S INTRO AT HOF
      - Whomever came up with the idea of having William Shatner induct Jerry 'The
      King' Lawler into the WWE Hall of Fame should be kicking himself in the head
      right now. Originally, Lawler wanted 81 year old wrestling announcer Lance
      Russell to induct him but the powers that be thought that Russell wasn't
      that famous with today's wrestling fans and they had Lawler scrap the idea.
      Some genius suggested William Shatner and while Shatner accepted the
      invitation, his presence at the Hall of Fame yesterday didn't get him any
      points. Fans booed the former TJ Hooker and Captain Kirk after his
      introduction was written down and read without barely looking up, certainly
      showing he was unprepared for the occasion. Fans were quick to show their
      disgust towards Shatner. On his official website, Lance Russell thanked
      Lawler for the invite. "I'm no where near the recognizable personality of
      Captain Kirk, TJ Hooker or Denny Crane. I've never lost my admiration for
      what Jerry has done with his career but the truth is...Denny Crane has never
      lost a case. And it's hard to top that. So congratulations Jerry and thanks
      for the invite! I'll be there in spirit."
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4398]

      > 'THE MARINE' DVD RENTAL REVENUE UPDATE
      - As of March 25th, John Cena's 'The Marine' movie has collected a total of
      $26.93 million in DVD rental revenue, which accounts to 142.9% of its box
      office income. The movie had $18,844,784 in total domestic gross but it's
      surprise DVD rental popularity is helping WWE to make some good profit off
      this movie. It is currently ranked #24 in most popular DVD rental list.
      Kane's 'See No Evil' did $16.49 million in rental in the first eight weeks
      of release.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4188]

      > iMPACT! RATING
      - TNA iMPACT! did a 1.0 rating with a 1.5 share for this past Thursday's
      show on Spike TV, same as last week's number. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen
      Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

      //->> THE CHAIR SHOT
      By Kevin I. Dodge -[kidodge@...]-

      WRESTLEMANIA...Need I say more. This is our weekend. For the wrestling fan
      this is our Superbowl, World Series, Stanley Cup, and World Cup all rolled
      up into one. And this year could turn out to be the best one in quite
      awhile. This Chair Shot is my official breakdown and picks for this years
      WrestleMania card. The biggest WWE show of the year.

      First off is the match that no one will see unless you go to the show live.
      It's a tag team battle royal. Kendrick and London, Flair and Carlito, Crime
      Tyme, Deuce and Domino, William Regal and Dave Taylor, Charlie Hass and
      Shelton Benjamin, Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch, The Highlanders, and any
      other team they might just throw together. Battle Royals are always fun to
      watch. But Hard to predict. Especially now since WWE doesn't seem to care
      much about the tag team division and just puts them on the back burner.
      Pretty unfortunate I think. And there is really nothing on the line here. No
      title shot for the winner, nothing. So because of that my prediction is the
      only non tag team involved, Flair and Carlito. On a side note, both of these
      guys and most of these tag teams deserve to be televised as part of the
      show.

      Now on the to the big show...First, United States Champion Chris Benoit vs.
      MVP - This should be a fast paced, action packed match. MVP has really
      stepped up his performance both in and out of the ring. His feud with Kane
      really earned him a lot of respect. I think that he will give the "Rabid
      Wolverine" a hell of a fight. But I think he will come up short. Benoit is
      the perfect US Champion. In fact Benoit does any championship belt proud. In
      the end, I believe you will get a good hard fought match with MVP tapping
      out. So Winner - Chris Benoit.

      Kane vs. The Great Khali - With 2 wrestlers of this size don't expect it to
      be to fast paced. Kane will end up having to carry Khali through the whole
      match. You will get a lot of just punches, clotheslines, and big boots.
      There shouldn't be to much of technical wrestling involved. Just an all out
      brawl. Backstage there is talk about Kane taking time off this summer to
      rehab an injured knee. So because of that I think it will end with Kane
      being injured. That's an automatic storyline when he returns. So the Winner,
      by Pinfall - The Great Khali.

      Women's Champion Melina vs. Ashley - WrestleMania's first ever Lumberjill
      match. The only males around will be the ref and poor ol' Nitro. Now I've
      never hidden the fact that I'm not a very big fan of women wrestling. And I
      don't think this one will be any different. Especially when you consider
      that Ashley isn't even a wrester. A few months of training doesn't make
      anyone a good wrestler. So Melina will have to make her look good. Melina
      has been doing this a long time and belongs in the ring. Even though I think
      all the bunnies will steal the show. The women's champion will remain the
      same. So, the Winner, by pinfall - Melina.

      ECW Originals vs. New Breed - The 8-man tag match that will dictate the face
      and direction of the ECW. Elijah Burke, Matt Striker, Marcus Cor Von and
      Kevin Thorn are going to put up one hell of a fight. And even though some
      might consider Tommy Dreamer, Sandman, Sabu and Rob Van Dam all washed up, I
      think that they will end up carrying the flag of ECW. They should have made
      it a true ECW match, but I think that's a thing of the past. RIP! So this
      fast-paced, high flying, hard hitting match will end with RVD making the pin
      after a 5-star splash. Winner - ECW Originals.

      The Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Edge, Randy Orton, Finley, Jeff Hardy,
      Matt Hardy, Mr. Kennedy, King Booker, and CM Punk. This will be the best
      match of the whole show. There will be so many big spots and you won't know
      where to look. Watch for a lot of high risk taking by everyone. Well for
      this match I used a matter of deduction. Edge, previous money in the bank
      match winner, and already has main event status. So no reason for him to
      win. Randy Orton, with this big steroid scandal and his name being at the
      top of the list for worst offenders, I don't see him even getting close to
      the briefcase. Fit Finley and King Booker are considered competition for any
      champion. They can be put in a main event or title shot at anytime. So Keep
      them off the ladder. The Hardy's are not about to get a push all the way up
      to a main event status. Sure they are on the top of the mid-card list, but I
      don't think WWE believes that either Hardy can be a main event sellout Now,
      Mr. Kennedy. Man, I really like him, and so does the WWE. But, like Booker,
      Edge, Finley, and Orton, he is already a main eventer and doesn't need the
      briefcase or a main event push. So that leaves just one, CM Punk. The only
      ECW contribution to the match. Punk is one of ECW's top draws. The crowd
      loves him. And to give him the contract would boost his character and push
      him to title shot status. It also opens the door for him to progress from
      ECW to Smackdown and then maybe eventually Raw. So the winner - CM Punk.

      World Heavyweight Champion Batista vs. Undertaker - This will be the battle
      of the beasts. Belt vs. Streak. Batista and Taker have both been reported as
      being upset that they were not the last main event match. And because of
      that they both swore to steal the show. So maybe, with that kind of
      incentive, these two behemoths will pull out all the stops and possibly put
      on the biggest singles match of the night. I don't think so. I will be a
      good match. Probably pretty stiff hits on the parts of both men. It will be
      a lot of back and forth. Without an obvious advantage for either wrestler.
      In the end after trying with a choke slam and failing, Undertaker will hit
      Batista with a Tombstone Piledriver and get the pin and boost his
      WrestleMania winning streak to 15-0. Winner - Undertaker

      WWE Champion John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels - This should be the singles match
      of the night. Both of them are going to be bringing their A game. And now
      that they have been made the final Main Event, they will surely turn it up a
      notch. With 2 fan favorites battling for the belt you will probably here a
      lot of mixed reactions from the crowd for both wrestlers. This is going to
      be a match that is going to give Cena that much more credibility. Michaels
      will give Cena the fight of his life. But I don't think Vince or any of the
      writers are in a hurry to get the belt off Cena's waist. Now I don't think
      that Cena will make Shawn tap out, but he will get the pin. Winner - John
      Cena

      And finally, the Battle of the Billionaires - ECW Champion Bobby Lashley vs.
      Umaga. Well, let me start by saying that there is no way that Donald Trump
      is going to get his head shaved. Under any condition. He is known for that
      stupid hairdo and has absolutely nothing to gain by shaving his head. Vince
      on the other hand has everything to gain. So with that being said, I still
      look forward to this match. Both guys are like bulls, and it's going to be
      fun to watch these two guys pound on one another. Also, Lashley is on such
      and incredible push that there is no way he will lose to Umaga. But he will
      be in for a real war. Winner - Bobby Lashley.

      In a little side info about WrestleMania 23. So far it has exceeded over $5
      million in ticket sales. Setting a new WrestleMania record. The WrestleMania
      set is so big this year that it took 300 workers more then a week to
      construct. And finally, if there are any gamblers out there.
      http://www.5dimes.com/ is taking online bets for the Millionaire Hair match.

      Well, I hope everyone enjoys the show today. Fell free to drop me a line
      with any questions and/or comments.

      //->> THE VERTEBREAKER
      By George Brazzel -[v-man@...]-

      I hope everyone is somewhat more excited about WrestleMania 23 than I am.
      Don't get me wrong, I'm ready for the "granddaddy of them all". I'm not sure
      why, but I'm not as amped up as I feel I should be. Guess that's why there
      aren't any capital letters being used in this column. The ads are cute- with
      the "all grown up" thing. They don't make me feel like I absolutely cannot
      miss this year's show. They don't pump me up with the need to spend my fifty
      bones for what is looking to be an all too predictable WrestleMania. That
      being said, I again will not bore you with the stereotypical "predictions".
      I will tell you what I feel would make things interesting, and why.

      Benoit & MVP: most people are dead set on poor Benoit jobbing away the U.S.
      title in yet another attempt to put someone over. Personally, no offense to
      MVP or his bandwagon jumping fan base, I'd love to see Benoit completely
      dominate this match from bell to bell. As with Kennedy, too much too soon is
      a bad idea. If it's a back and forth contest- hey, great. Honestly, MVP has
      not impressed me much. Also, I've always hated the premise that to push
      someone to the "next level", they get one of the mid card titles. In my
      mind, Benoit is a true champion- title or no title. It pains me to think
      he'll most likely have to take yet another one for the team.

      Kane & Khali: again, the majority have written off Kane in this match. I say
      don't. I'd love to see more of "Jacob Goodnight" come out, and pull out what
      most deem to be an upset. If Kane could play up his more demented side, a
      win would be believable. I'm all for putting over the newer talent, but not
      at WrestleMania.

      Melina & Ashley: I am not sure what to think about this match. Everyone
      knows v-man digs the divas, but I'm bracing for a disappointment. I love
      Melina's character, and feel she needs to carry the title longer. Then
      again, the missing Olsen triplet Ashley Massaro is building somewhat of a
      fan following; though for the wrong reasons. I'm glad they made this a
      "lumberjill" match, because that opens the doors for a few scenarios to
      develop. Maybe Victoria costs Melina the title. Maybe Mickie costs Ashley
      her chance at the gold. Maybe they'll all get in the ring, and have all hell
      breaks loose... please?!? It could be fun, but who knows. I'd like to see
      Melina retain, with some major, and I mean major, interference.

      ECW originals & the new breed: as much as I fear this match will blow, it
      may surprise us and steal the show. I know, it's a long shot, but possible.
      If I had to actually care, I'd say go originals! Unfortunately, I couldn't
      care much less. Sorry Tommy. I still love you bro.

      Money in the bank: most people think they've got this all figured out. If I
      got to pick the winner for this, I'd want to see edge win again. He's just
      good TV man. my second choice is Finlay. He's not a youngster, and it'd be
      cool to see experience win out here. To me, matt and Kennedy are mid card
      material still, and should fight for the U.S. title. Booker is cool, but too
      cartoonish to be taken seriously. CM Punk is feasible, but ECW need to be
      euthanized. Orton may have legal issues to deal with shortly. Jeff is
      believable, to a point, but hopefully not now.

      Battle of the billionaires: not much to say here. Hogan would've made this
      match something special. Lashley needs to put on the show of a lifetime.
      Please Lashley, don't let us down here. what would I like to see? Double
      count out, and Austin shaves both trump and McMahon bald. Let me dream for a
      moment.

      Batista & the undertaker: if Batista wins this match, it would solidify him
      as a force in the business. I know, the taker never loses at WrestleMania.
      well, if McMahon wants Batista to be anything more than just another big man
      that has come and gone, then taker may pull a Benoit here, and take a big
      one for the team. I also have concerns about taker's ability to be a
      fighting champion, due to health issues.

      Cena & HBK: if there's a God above us, please give HBK one more run with the
      title. Why? Why not man? HBK is great on the mic, and can still go. He's
      also not coming off as unbeatable, which I dig. That, and Cena just needs a
      break. I like Cena okay, but I like Michaels better. I'm not the biggest fan
      of the spinner world title either, but that's just me.

      Random thoughts: who else wants to see a run in by Rosie o during the
      trump/McMahon match? Does McMahon have enough money to make that happen?
      Poor JBL has been taking some abuse lately. Thanks to everyone who's visited
      v-man-online.com this last week. Got some new pics and videos up, so take a
      look. Also, please sign the guest book. I forget, is Ric flair in the WWE
      hall of fame? Why not? How long before Trish gets inducted?

      Well, everyone who's watching WrestleMania this year, enjoy. I'll be at the
      house, watching with Brittany; and, in all likelihood, throwing whatever's
      close to me at the TV in the process.

      I'd like to thank WWE for starting to phase out the brands. at least, I hope
      that's what they're up to here. Call me old fashioned, but I miss the days
      of one world champion. Put the three title holders in a cage, and let's
      settle this. I hope it doesn't have to wait until WrestleMania 24.

      Shout out to Angela rice, of Gulfport Mississippi. She'll be 34 on April
      1st. happy birthday girl! Feel free to email her a happy birthday at
      angkrice@.... C'mon kids, let's brighten a little redneck girl's big
      day!

      Anyone wants to get a hold of me, try the following: v-man@...,
      www.myspace.com/geovinbra or