    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2007
      Advertise on Wrestling-Online.com for only $15 per month. E-mail Us!!

      Saturday March 31st 2007 Issue #2442

      We are getting closer and closer, just one day away from the biggest
      wrestling event of the year - WrestleMania. Usually I'm in super-excitement
      mode since I'm live there but not this year. I'm gonna have the best seat in
      the house in front of my TV watching live on PPV.

      Back tomorrow for Mania preview.

      Now with a blog! http://www.wrestling-online.com/blog
      Check out our Video Vault section for
      Wrestling videos available for download
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/videovault/

      > 2007 HALL OF FAME CEREMONY TONIGHT
      - Tonight at the FOX Theater in Detroit, MI., there will be the WWE Hall of
      Fame induction ceremony which will feature 9 inductees. Dusty Rhodes getting
      inducted by his two sons Dustin and Cody Runnels; Mr Perfect getting
      inducted by Wade Boggs; Mr Fuji getting inducted by Don Muraco; Jerry Lawler
      by William Shatner; Jim Ross by Stone Cold Steve Austin; The Wild Samoans by
      their respective sons Matt and Samu Anoa'i; Nick Bockwinkel by Bobby Heenan
      and The Sheik by his nephew Sabu. The first two hours of the ceremony will
      air live on WWE.COM at 7PM EST while the final hour will air on USA Network
      at Midnight EST. The final hour will be edited big time however the full
      ceremony - which usually lasts in the range of 3 1/2 to 4 hours - will be
      included in the WrestleMania 23 DVD.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4398]

      > FOLEY'S BOOK STAYS IN TOP 10 CHART ON NY TIMES LIST
      - Mick Foley's third installment of his autobiography, 'The Hardcore
      Diaries', slipped two places from its last week's placement in the New York
      Times Best Seller list chart. In its third week on the chart, Foley's
      384-page book sits in the eight position after first debuting in the 7th
      place and then moved to the 6th place a week later.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4211]

      > CNNMONEY.COM LOOKS AT WWE'S FINANCIAL SIDE
      - CNNMoney.com's editor-at-large Paul La Monica has written an interesting
      article which tackles' WWE's business side over at CNNMoney.com . While
      saying that the Trump/McMahon hype has helped the stocks, it is still only 8
      percent above its 52-week low. The story also talks how WWE.COM is pretty
      popular with fans with 16 million unique viewers and 46 million video
      streams per month. However the company hasn't found a way to make serious
      money from the traffic generated on the website. Noting that in the past
      year there were only two people heading up the Internet sales division, now
      there are a dozen individuals working on securing ads on WWE.COM. You can
      read it at http://money.cnn.com/2007/03/30/news/companies/wwe/index.htm
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4399]

      > OVER 5,000 FANS ATTEND AUSTIN'S MOVIE PREMIERE
      - Yesterday over 5,000 fans attended the premiere of Stone Cold Steve
      Austin's new movie 'The Condemned'. The event was free to everyone and was
      also part of the WrestleMania Travel Package deal. Several WWE Superstars
      including Batista, Triple H, Mick Foley, JBL, Nitro and Melina, Jim Ross,
      the McMahons and others were also present for the screening. WWE Films
      President Joel Simon and the star of the movie Steve Austin were also in
      attendance.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4343]

      //->> BLOGGING FROM WRESTLEMANIA
      By Darrin Hill -[insideslam@...]-

      Random WrestleMania 23 thoughts.

      While attending the THQ Superstar Challenge, two things stick out. (1) MVP
      had the best quote that I've heard all week. "You marks are booing me? But,
      still you paid money and bought a ticket to watch me play a video game. How
      stupid are you?" I would have to agree. (2) The World Heavyweight champion
      Batista recieved a decent pop from the crowd. But, it soon turned ugly as
      chats of "'Taker, 'Taker, 'Taker" rang out loud though out the Gem Theatre.

      When it finally quieted down after a few minutes, Batista didn't help his
      case any. "You can chant 'Taker all you want. But, this Sunday, I will put
      an end to his WrestleMania winning streak." I kinda see a heel turn in
      Batista's future. That is, after he loses on Sunday.

      Chavo Guerrero got a huge pop during Thursday competition. Why? Because, he
      wrestled as his uncle, Hall of Famer Eddie Guerrero in a victory over Mr.
      Kennedy and in defeat against Elijah Burke. "It's fitting that I beat Mr.
      Kennedy using Eddie. Mr. Kennedy beat Eddie in his last match. Now, the
      Guerrero family have their revenge."

      I was kinda glad that Kenny Dykstra lsot to Jeff Hardy in their opening
      round match. He spent too much time complaining how THQ made the biggest
      mistake in their history of WWE titles by not having him in "Smackdown vs
      Raw 2007" The biggest mistake of Kenny young career will be if he ever brags
      about beating 16-time World Heavyweight Champion "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair.

      I will personally beat him like a Canadian mule. Hopefully, he won't be in
      "Smackdown vs Raw 2008".

      On a personal note, I have some questions that needs to be anwsered. Why
      isn't Ric Flair, Carlito, The Big Show, George "The Animal" Steele, and Hulk
      Hogan not appearing at this year's WrestleMania? Why are Shawn Michaels and
      John Cena still tag team champs? What is King Booker doing in a ladder
      match? Why are the Intercontinental Champion and the ECW Champion in the
      same match? Why isn't there more celebrities at WM 23 than Donald Trump.

      Will there be a catfight between the two "Billion Dollar princesses", Ivanka
      Trump and Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley? Will there be any "wardrobe
      malfunctions" during the "Lumberjill" match for the WWE Women's Title
      between Melina and Ashley? Why are people reading books by Mick Foley? Has
      "The Miz" left town yet? What did Tommy Dreamer enjoy more, bowling at Skore
      Lanes on Wednesday night or beating both Lashley and MVP on Thursday night
      playing "Smackdown vs. Raw 2007"?

      I'm done. I'll be hanging out with Lashley at Skore Lanes for a benefit for
      the Make a Wish foundation, then head to Ford Field to check out the
      WrestleMania Fan Access tour. I'll watch the Hall of Fame ceromonies at home
      Saturday night. Later.

      Darrin Hill is a freelance writer and a longtime Detroit-area wrestling fan.
      You can reach him at: insideslam@....

      //->> THE WRESTLING AUTHORITY
      By Oren Kurtz -[syxx_ok@...]-

      Ladies and gentlemen, look no further, because The Wrestling Authority is
      your final destination on the road To WrestleMania!

      This year has its combination of potentially stellar matches and
      entertaining segments, and as for me, the name WrestleMania is enough to get
      me amped up towards the event. So without further babbling, here are the
      official Wrestling Authority predictions for WrestleMania 23:

      Bobby Lashley VS Umaga - This is the match I'm starting with as it is the
      only match that I'm 100% sure about its outcome. The Donald will NEVER get
      his head shaved, at least not for WWE purposes. Umaga is a wrestler who
      solidified himself in the eyes of the fans. Maybe not as a main eventer as
      the WWE tried to push him down our throats, but as a man who rarely loses
      and if he loses - it's something special. Enter Bobby Lashley, who is in the
      middle of a monster push. For those of you who don't understand why - it's
      very simple! the guy is HUGE, he's quick, and he can create "holly sh!t"
      moments. He's on his way to develop a character and WrestleMania will be a
      huge part of that road.

      Prediction: Bobby Lashley

      Kane VS The Great Khali - This match boils down to one question - do the WWE
      writers still want to keep Khali's perception by the fans as a monster
      intact. He's one lose away from losing that identification, after that
      horrible feud with The Undertaker. My guess is that Khali's monster image
      will remain alive - someone else will get the chance to kill it and get a
      mega push along the way.

      Prediction: The Great Khali

      Melina VS Ashley - Poor Micky James, obviously the best female worker in the
      WWE has to sit out at the biggest event of the year because the WWE decided
      that the women's title match will be a boob-fest. And if it's a boob-fest we
      got, it's the most famous boobs who will take home the gold.

      Prediction: Ashley

      Chris Benoit VS MVP - I've said it before, this match is not about winning
      or losing, it's about performing. I've made my claims about the breaking out
      of MVP. He's no longer perceived by me as an overly gimmicked performer with
      written before lines who is mediocre in the ring - he's stepped up his game
      and started producing compelling interviews. This match is a maker or a
      breaker for his career - he can lose, that would be ok, but missing out on a
      chance to still the show at Mania would almost be a crime. I'm being
      positive - not only will he still the show, but the title as well.

      Prediction: MVP

      The Originals VS The New Breed - If a screw job will happen any where in the
      card - it's here. I just don't see a clean finish to it and I wonder if
      we're going to have a finish at all. Vince doesn't believe in the ECW
      originals, so I don't see them winning. The New Breed winning cleanly might
      not be too well liked by the audience, so we are left with three choices -
      The New Breed cheating to win, The Originals getting help and winning (Mick
      Foley, anyone?), or total hell breaking loose with chairs, tables and what
      not being used.

      My prediction: No contest

      Money in the bank Ladder match - The past two MITB matches have proven that
      this match is even bigger than the title shot it holds, and it's even bigger
      than potentially winning the title like the past two winners did - winning
      this match is getting the nod that you've arrived to the top of the mountain
      in the WWE. Who deserves to climb that mountain? well, Edge & Orton don't
      need the win to get there, and I see them eliminating each other. Jeff Hardy
      will probably nearly die after some suicidal move. And I, personally, only
      see one man who really deserves winning this match.

      Prediction: Mr Kennedy

      Undertaker VS Batista - If I'm 100% sure about the hair VS hair match, this
      match has me at the 99% level. Batista is losing hit quicker than a broken
      down stove in the middle of Alaska, it's not even that the fans are booing
      him - they simply don't care. A monster, mind you, is always better as a
      heel, and a heel turn by Batista a month ago would have made that match much
      more interesting. Regardless, Taker seems on the way for one more title run,
      which I hope will lead to a program where he cleanly puts Kennedy over (but
      that's a different story).

      Prediction: Undertaker

      Shawn Michaels VS John Cena - I know most people are predicting Taker VS
      Batista for the main event, but that's not the way I see it. For me, this
      should be the last match because of two reasons: A. This will obviously be a
      better match, and B. Unlike the Smackdown main event, the result of this
      match doesn't seem that predictable. Much like in MVP's case, this match for
      Cena is not about the title - he already won 3 titles on manias, and losing
      it could actually do him some good when it comes to freshening his
      character. Cena has to use the fact that he's working with Shawn Michaels
      and put on a hell of a match just like he did against Edge in their ladder
      match. If this match rises to that level
      - we've got our match of the night. Who will win? Well, Shawn's not getting
      younger and if there's one more title run in him it's got to be now. I do
      think he deserves it, as out of his world title reigns, almost all were
      transitional and one was at the worst point in WWE's history when it comes
      to its competitive status.

      Prediction: Shawn Michaels.

      That's it, talking's done, now it's time for us to sit back, relax, and most
      importantly enjoy WrestleMania. Try, at least for one night, to allow
      yourself that suspension of disbelief. For one night only, instead of being
      a grown up, try enjoying it like you used to, when you were kids.

      That's it for me, enjoy Mania and if you have any comments -
      syxx_ok@...