    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2007
      Advertise on Wrestling-Online.com for only $15 per month. E-mail Us!!

      Sunday March 18th 2007 Issue #2432

      Nothing much goin on today, slow weekend!

      Check out our Video Vault section for
      Wrestling videos available for download
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/videovault/

      > FOLEY'S BOOK TO DEBUT IN 7TH PLACE ON NY TIMES LIST
      - Mick Foley's third auto biography is landing onto the New York Times
      bestseller list this week, making its debut in the 7th place. Although his
      first two made their debut in the first place, 'The Hardcore Dairies' did
      pretty good considering the lack of marketing on WWE television until
      recently. Foley must be happy having his three books make it on this
      important chart!
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4211]

      > ALL FREE TICKETS GONE FOR 'THE CONDEMNED' SCREENING
      - All the complimentary tickets available for the premier of 'The Condemned'
      during WrestleMania weekend are gone. WWE will be screening for the first
      time Steve Austin's new movie on Friday March 30th at the Fox Theatre in
      Detroit and most WWE Superstars will be in attendance as well. Fans who
      purchased the WrestleMania Travel Package were also given this deal.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4343]

      > WWE VIDEOS ON BILLBOARD
      - The following WWE videos are on Billboard's Top 10 Recreational Sports
      chart for week ending March 24th. 'The New And Improved! DX' drops to the
      second place, followed by 'Royal Rumble 2007' which debuts in third. 'ECW:
      Extreme Rules' is in seventh place, 'Armageddon 2006' in eighth place and
      'New Year's Revolution' in ninth.

      > DON MURACO TO INDUCT MR FUJI IN THE HALL OF FAME
      - In his latest blog entry, RAW announcer Jim Ross stated that Hall of Famer
      'Magnificent' Don Muraco will be doing the honors for Mr Fuji at the Hall of
      Fame ceremony. Fuji managed Muraco in the early/mid 80s. It is believed that
      Larry 'The Ax' Hennig will be inducting his son Curt Hennig at the event
      while Lawler has kept his choice secret.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4330]

      //->> THE SLAM FEST!
      By Graham A. Harper -[kingalex_2010@...]-

      Welcome.

      Alright I'll get straight to it. I'm sorry for not writing as often as
      preferred, and rather than blame my lack appearances of stale shows the
      blame rests firmly with me. I simply haven't made the time to sit down and
      write so again I apologize.

      Anyway, let's get on with it. WrestleMania is on its way and while it may
      not - on paper - look like an X-Seven beater I feel much better about it
      than I did about last year's 22. For me there hasn't been a really good
      WrestleMania since XIX, I was never fond of XX and 21 and 22 have had loads
      of glitz but poor depth. Without moaning about the Brand Extension, I feel
      that the main weak point for recent Manias has been the main events. Let's
      look at the main events from X-Seven, X8 and XIX. X-Seven as we know was a
      superb match pitting Stone Cold against the Brahma Bull. X8 was lacking but
      still Trippers and Y2J put on a respectable effort while Lesnar and Angle
      capped-off their feud in a stellar match. Every Mania that has followed has
      lacked that certain quality that made you excited to see Steve Austin face
      off against The Rock.
      It's true that right now we simply don't have those kind of stars but
      despite this WWE are doing a pretty respectable job with what they've got.

      First off, the RAW main event. Now I really hope WWE is sensible and let's
      poor old SmackDown! have the final match of the night. RAW didn't deserve
      that position last year and even though the Cena/HBK feud is far stronger
      than Taker/Big Dave the fact is that Taker won the Rumble, he's a real WWE
      loyalist and SmackDown! needs that last match spot more than RAW does.
      Anyway, even though Face vs. Face matches traditionally don't get people
      excited there's a real buzz going round with this match. I like it how
      Michaels has that "edge" back, you really do believe that he WANTS that
      title and will go to any lengths to get it. Cena meanwhile is playing the
      role of a guy that will face anyone but can't understand Michaels's logic.
      Right now it looks like HBK is leaning more towards that of a heel while
      Cena is clean-cut.

      However that may change once WM23 rolls round, because while he's got far
      more support than he did this time last year, Cena's still dragging some of
      that criticism around with him. His wrestling skills are still awkward, his
      promos can be repetitive and there are times you just can't figure him out.
      I have a feeling that Michaels will be the "golden boy" come
      WM23 and I do hope he wins. We need a change of scenery in WWE and while
      many of may point out that we've already had a Michael's-led WWE, I have
      much confidence in him as a champion than I do Cena.

      Now, Big "Bad" Dave and his match against the Undertaker. First of all, I
      really think WWE missed their opportunity to turn him heel, while the
      all-face RAW match may work it simply isn't working here. No one's believing
      Big Dave right now, his promos are hollow and his matches make peoples
      brains go numb.

      And to be fair, Undertaker isn't doing much better, he's just not "shouting"
      about himself, by that I mean you'd think he was just walking into another
      regular match rather than his second WrestleMania main event and his first
      in 10 years. But despite this I'm still excited about this match, yeah it's
      because I'll mark-out when the Phenom steps into the ring at 23 and hope he
      walks away the new champion. And yes I truly do wish to see Taker walk away
      with the gold, Big Dave just can't carry that belt and he's dragging
      SmackDown! along at a slow pace. Taker could revitalise the brand which has
      in recent months seriously improved compared to where it was a year ago.

      The one thing I'd really like to see come out of this would be a
      reunification of the brands. And having Shawn Michaels and the Undertaker as
      the respective champions would give WWE the perfect opportunity to do so.
      Imagine have those 2 step into the ring and reunite the belts and the WWE,
      it would be a true classic and I'd imagine many of you out there would
      agree.

      Well, another short column I know - but for a good reason. In my next column
      I'll be interviewing a young Canadian wrestler by the name of Justin White.
      White's been wrestling for a number of promotions - mainly NWA Quebec since
      his pro-debut in May of 2005. I'll talking with him about his desire to
      enter the sport, his influences, where he sees himself going and his views
      on wrestling today.

      So look forward to that the next I speak to you all - which won't be that
      long.