    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2007

      Friday January 19th 2007 Issue #2393

      I managed to see The Rock's 'Gridiron Gang' on DVD today. I'm a big fan of
      these sports-related movie and I thought it was a decent movie. Rock's
      acting has really improved over the past few years and I think his role in
      this movie is his best display yet.

      New to the SPECIAL REPORT section on Wrestling-Online.com is the full, long
      report of Owen Hart's death. From that tragic day on May 23rd 1999 till the
      day WWE settled the lawsuit a couple of years later, all the news is there
      in chronological order. There's also a 45 page PDF file available of the
      lawsuit that was filed by the Harts against WWE. You can check it out at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/specialreport/

      Access Wrestling-Online.com NEWS from your mobile/PDA
      http://mobile.wrestling-online.com

      > BAM BAM BIGELOW PASSES AWAY AT AGE 45
      - Scott Charles Bigelow, better known to fans as Bam Bam Bigelow, passed
      away today at the age of 45. He was found dead in his home in Pasco County,
      FL. An autopsy will be performed by the Pasco-Pinellas Counties medical
      examiner and results aren't expected for a couple of weeks. The former WWE,
      WCW and ECW wrestler never won 'the big one' in either WWE or WCW however he
      did win the ECW heavyweight title during his stay there in 1997. He was
      originally hired by the then WWF in 1987 and left in early 1992. The 'beast
      from the east' returned in 1992 and in 1995 wrestled NFL's Lawrence Taylor
      at WrestleMania XI for a $250,000 pay day. He wrestled for ECW in 1995 and
      1997 and then made his debut in WCW in late 1998. Bigelow stayed with WCW
      until the company was taken over by WWE and retired from pro wrestling in
      2004.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4168]

      > MORE RELEASED
      - ECW's Sylvester Terkay, former WWE Women's champion Jazz, Danny Basham, CW
      Anderson and trainer to ECW Rodney Mack were shown the door yesterday while
      Smackdown!'s Tatanka was given the pink slip earlier today which sends the
      total to twelve Superstars being axed from the company in two days.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4161]

      > SCOTT STEINER SIGNS WITH TNA AGAIN
      - Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner has signed a new deal with TNA Wrestling and
      should be back on television soon. Steiner's last appearance in TNA was in
      August of 2006 at the pay-per-view Hard Justice. Steiner joined the company
      the first time around in March of last year as Jeff Jarrett's bodyguard. A
      long disagreement over pay has prevented Steiner from joining TNA in the
      past few months but it seems now that somebody gave in to the demands.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4167]

      > SMACKDOWN! PREVIEW
      - The following matches have been taped for tonight's Smackdown! Matt Hardy
      vs Joey Mercury; Brian Kendrick, Paul London & Vito vs. William Regal, David
      Taylor & MVP; Chris Benoit vs Chavo Guerrero; Kane vs The Miz; Ken Kennedy
      vs The Undertaker.

      > RAW GETS A BOOST IN RATINGS WITH NO FOOTBALL
      - With no competition from football, RAW did a 4.1 rating for this past
      Monday's show, a nice increase from the previous week. No hour ratings are
      available as of now. ECW on Sci Fi did a 1.5 rating with a 2.0 share for
      Tuesday's show. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online
      by PWInsider.com)