    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2007

      Thursday January 4th 2007 Issue #2382

      Hey yo. Nothing to say today. Back tomorrow.

      Access Wrestling-Online.com NEWS from your mobile/PDA
      http://mobile.wrestling-online.com

      > RAW HELPS USA GET TITLE OF KING OF RATINGS
      - USA Network sent a press release yesterday that they finished 2006 as the
      #1 network in basic cable prime in all key demos, making the network the
      undisputed ratings king for the year. This has been the first time since
      2000 that USA enjoyed a win in all demos thanks mostly to RAW. The WWE's
      flagship program had an average of 2.6 million viewers in the 18-49 demo and
      2.4 million viewers in the 25-54 demo in 2006. RAW was also the year's most
      watched weekly series in basic cable prime among 18-49, giving USA the title
      of the number one entertainment network on Monday nights in 2006.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4128]

      > TNA OFF TO PORTUGAL FOR TWO SHOWS
      - TNA crew and wrestlers are in Portugal for a two day tour in the country
      promoted by our good friend and singer/wrestler Axel. The events, held first
      in Lisbon and then in Oporto will be titled 'Impacto Total' and will go
      under the APW banner, a local wrestling organization in the country. Kurt
      Angle, Christian Cage, Rhino, Team 3D and others will be making this tour -
      the second since the end of October. You can find out more about these shows
      at http://tnawrestlingtotal.blogspot.com
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4129]

      > iMPACT PREVIEW AND RATINGS
      - The following matches were taped for tonight's iMPACT! on Spike TV. Rhino
      vs Robert Roode; Homicide vs Brother Runt; and Christian Cage vs Kurt Angle.
      TNA iMPACT! did a 0.9 rating for last Thursday's show. (Ratings compiled by
      Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=9]

      > WWE.COM LISTS TOP 10 MOMENTS OF 2006
      - The WWE.COM website has listed the top 10 moments of 2006 for the company,
      starting with the return of King Of the Ring in the tenth place, Edge
      winning the WWE title at New Year's Revolution in ninth, Rey Mysterio's
      rollercoaster year in eighth, Trish and Lita retiring in seventh, Bret
      Hart's induction in the Hall Of Fame in sixth, Saturday Night's Main Event
      return in fifth, Kurt Angle's release in fourth, the Reunion of Degeneration
      X in third, WWE Films' release of See No Evil and The Marine in second and
      the return of Extreme Championship Wrestling in the first place.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4130]

      > COACH TAKES A SHOT AT TNA DURING PRESS CONFERENCE
      - A very, very vocal crowd attended the New Year's Revolution press
      conference on Tuesday at Noon at the Kemper Arena which had WWE Superstars
      such as John Cena, Umaga, Edge and others in attendance. Jonathan Coachman,
      who hosted the event, ended up taking a shot at TNA. The fans in attendance
      were chanting 'TNA' (among other things) which led to the Coach saying that
      TNA is pretty much just like Kansas City...inferior to WWE. That comment
      along with many others were cut from the archived video stream on WWE.COM
      however everything made it through live. Interesting enough is that The
      Coach is a native of Kansas City!
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4131]