    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2007

      Tuesday January 2nd 2007 Issue #2381

      Hey hey hey. Welcome to the first issue of 2007. There's an updated main
      page of Wrestling-Online.com waiting for you so if you are interested in
      checking that out, you know the URL.

      Also, I have put on eBay a WWF LP record, a single from the old WrestleMania
      album. It's one hell of a collector's item. I put two pictures of it as
      well. It's a 3 day auction. Check it out at
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220067585468

      Access Wrestling-Online.com NEWS from your mobile/PDA
      http://mobile.wrestling-online.com

      > CENA VS K-FED GETS SOME PRESS
      - Media websites picked up the Kevin Federline victory of John Cena from
      yesterday's Monday Night Raw. The Associated Press, MTV and other local
      channels all reported K-Fed's appearance on Raw, which is what WWE hoped for
      since it transcribes into free publicity. With his dismal record sales and
      financial problems, K-Fed turned to wrestling to help cover some of his
      legal costs in the battle with his soon to be ex wife Britney Spears. No
      other appearances are confirmed for the dancer-turned-rapper on WWE
      television. You can read MTV's account of the whole Cena/K-Fed story at
      http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1549073/20070102/federline_kevin.jhtml
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3803]

      > SUMMERSLAM SOLD OUT
      - It only took around 40 minutes for thousands of fans to snatch all the
      tickets available for the SummerSlam 2007 pay-per-view, which will be taking
      place at the Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, NJ. The event
      was originally going to take place in Madison Square Garden but was later
      change to this venue with no explanation given. WWE announced it to the fans
      earlier last week during a RAW live event at the same arena and on Saturday
      fans lined up to get tickets for the 20th anniversary of this PPV. More
      tickets will be made available as production area is figured out as the
      event comes closer.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4122]

      > NEW YEAR'S REVOLUTION TO AIR FOR FREE IN UK
      - The first WWE pay-per-view for 2007 - New Year's Revolution - will be
      airing for free in the United Kingdom on Sky Sports 1 rather than Sky Box
      Office. The contract with BSkyB in the UK calls for a couple of PPVs to be
      aired on one of the Sports channels instead of Box Office where they sell
      for £14.95 / 21.95 Euros each. The PPV is headlined by John Cena vs Umaga
      and DX vs Rated RKO.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4124]

      > PPV PRESS CONFERENCE TODAY
      - WWE Superstars John Cena, Umaga, Alejandro Armando Estrada, Jeff Hardy,
      Edge, Johnny Nitro, Melina, Kenny Dykstra and Mickie James will be appearing
      at the New Year's Revolution press conference today at Noon at the Kemper
      Arena in Kansas City, MO. The event will be hosted by Jonathan Coachman.
      Entrance is free and fans are encouraged to attend. The press conference
      will be streamed live on WWE.COM.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4124]

      > KONNAN ASKS FOR HELP, KIDNEY TRANSPLANT REQUIRED
      - In his latest blog, TNA's Konnan wrote an update about his health
      problems. Konnan was supposed to undergo hip replacement surgery last week
      however doctors discovered that his kidneys are damaged and he cannot go
      through with the operation. Konnan was put on a dialysis to help clean out
      blood in time for his surgery but he will also need a kidney transplant soon
      after. Konnan said that his blood type is O positive and anyone who's
      interested in helping him can contact him through his MySpace at
      http://www.myspace.com/konnan619
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4127]

      > TNA iMPACT! GETS 10PM TIMESLOT IN THE UK
      - TNA Wrestling on Bravo 2 in the UK will start airing at 10PM local time
      every Saturday night, with UFC Unleashed as the lead in show. Bravo will air
      the iMPACT! show just two days after it airs in the United States and will
      have TNA pay-per-views on a three day delay and for free. The Bravo 2
      website lists TNA as the "new spin-off from WCW and WWF wrestling, where
      weapons are permitted and the action is extreme."
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4123]

      //->> THE WRESTLING AUTHORITY
      By Oren Kurtz -[syxx_ok@...]-

      Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the last Wrestling Authority of 2006!
      (Though for most of you, this will probably be the first one of 2007 :))
      Instead of the usual round up of the goings on in the wrestling world, this
      will be the good, the bad, and the ugly of 2006. Starting off with ECW:

      The good: CM Punk. Really – this is THE ONLY good thing to come out with
      ECW. It's amazing, in 2005 One Night Stand was the best PPV of the year. In
      2006 the second one was one of the best 4 PPVs of the year. Not only that,
      both ECW PPVs and ECW DVD's were best selling items for the WWE. So what did
      McMahon do? Change the formula into another WWE brand with really bad
      wrestlers and gimmicks. CM Punk was the only character that wasn't invented
      in the original ECW that is worth watching, yet you can see his push slowly
      fade away. If he's not careful he will forever be stuck in feuds with the
      likes of Hardcore Holly.

      The Bad: Everything other than CM Punk and One Night Stand 2006. The fact is
      that the "This Is Extreme" theme music used to give me goose bumps. Not any
      more. Thanks for ruining that one, Vince!

      The Ugly: A lot to choose from, but I guess I'll go with Mike Knox?

      Best case scenario for 2007: Euthanasia… Ok, I'm joking. There is still hope
      for ECW. How, you ask? Easy. The rebellion angle. Paul Heyman is seen in the
      stands. ECW employees (officials, ring announcers) go "old school" against
      the so called "executive orders". The originals band together and gang
      attack every wrestler that is recognized as a WWE guy. And then Paul Heyman
      returns "to take back what's rightfully his". Involve McMahon in this angle
      because he as the evil boss would be a hit for this. Get CM Punk to side
      with the originals, and get Lashley to side with them only to turn to the
      McMahon side. Maybe this will give him a personality. This story line has it
      all, especially the unpredictability that is needed for a good wrestling
      story line.

      Worst Case Scenario for 2007: I don't even mention them in my 2007 wrap up.

      Now let's move on to Raw and Smackdown. I see no reason in dividing the
      brands as wrestlers are on every show every week nowadays.

      The good: A certain emergence of new, unique, in ring talents, as well as
      charismatic stars that have elevated themselves this year. Mr. Kennedy,
      London & Kendrik, Jeff Hardy, Johnny Nitro and Matt Hardy have all shown
      that there is still hope for the WWE.

      The Bad: The state of the heel has never been as bad as it is in the WWE
      today. No heel can win a match without cheating and Raw's next PPV is the
      best example of it – in all 6 matches the heels are underdogs. The key to a
      good feud is having the face win against the odds. But throughout the year
      the heels were portrayed as the weaker part in the feud, which hurt their
      credibility.

      The Ugly: The Boogeyman… Ok I need to stop with these jokes. Batista and
      Cena are poor excuses for world champions. While Cena has a certain 80's
      style of Charisma, Batista just plain sucks. They both need to be carried to
      put over decent matches, and they both make their opponents look bad in each
      feud.

      Best Case Scenario for 2007: McMahon putting all the chips on young talented
      guys like Hardy, Kennedy, CM Punk, London, Kendrik, Carlito, Edge & Orton,
      while giving them good, innovative and creative story lines to compliment
      their abilities.

      Worse Case Scenario for 2007: Umaga main events more than one PPV.

      Now let's end with everybody's favorite new kid on the block – TNA:

      The good: Their general direction. Good wrestling, simple story lines. When
      you are humble – it's hard to make mistakes.

      The bad: Their lack of air time makes everything look rushed. Also, TNA
      Bookers need to understand that fans who pay big money to see PPVs deserve
      clean finishes to main events, or they will just not buy them.

      The Ugly: Brother Runt's hair cut.
      Best case Scenario for 2007: 2 hours of weekly television, an injury-free
      year for Kurt Angle, and the biggest signing in TNA's history – Rob Van Dam.

      Worst case Scenario for 2007: Declining ratings push TNA's time slot to the
      grave yard shift, Kurt Angle spends 6 months working on his back, neck, and
      right ear, and out of desperation TNA announce their biggest signing in
      history – Goldberg.

      Well, that's it for me, over all it has been an enjoyable year (on a
      personal level), and a mediocre year (on the wrestling side). So here is to
      a happy and enjoyable 2007!

      Comments, Death threats and sexual suggestions – syxx_ok@...