    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2006

      Friday December 1st 2006 Issue #2364

      We have a new writer debuting today. Check his column below the news
      section. Back later.

      Access Wrestling-Online.com NEWS from your mobile/PDA
      http://mobile.wrestling-online.com

      > WWE TV PULLED FROM INDONESIA
      - After feeling the pressure from several parents and groups, Lativi TV -
      the official broadcaster for WWE in the region - has pulled Smackdown!, RAW
      and all the other TV shows from the air even though police investigators say
      that the death of the nine year old boy had nothing to do with professional
      wrestling. Lativi TV showed a different WWE show seven days a week. Linda
      Rifai, spokeswoman for the station declined to comment if the move was
      temporary or permanent.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4042]

      > TICKETS SOLD FOR ECW PPV DO NOT LOOK PROMISING
      - Ticket sales for the ECW pay-per-view 'December To Dismember' do not look
      promising at all as WWE only managed to move around 2,000 tickets in an
      arena that fits over 6,500 people in a hockey setup - and more when
      configured for a wrestling event. The PPV may very well go down as the
      lowest buyrate ever for the company with only two matches officially
      announced with two days to go to the PPV. The undercard - which is still
      unknown - received no push whatsoever during ECW television or online at
      ECW.COM. As of this writing only the main event and the Hardyz vs MNM match
      are being advertised on the website.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4054]

      > MCMAHON CHOSEN AS SPORTSMAN OF THE YEAR BY SI.COM WRITER
      - Sports Illustrated is holding its Sportsman Of The Year contest on their
      website at SI.COM and the website contributors each chose their own
      Sportsman. SI writer Andy Gray chose the Chairman of World Wrestling
      Entertainment, Vince McMahon. And no not because he still has a magnificent
      body at his age but for the contribution he's doing to the US troops going
      over in the line of fire with the show to entertain the men and women of the
      military. "While five days may not seem like much of a commitment, it's five
      more days than any other professional sports team spent in Iraq this year,"
      he writes. You can read it at
      http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/magazine/sportsman_06/2006/11/my-s
      portsman-vince-mcmahon.html
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4053]

      > WWE DECLARES DIVIDEND
      - If you own a lot of WWE stock, here's a small Christmas present from Vince
      and company. On December 26th, a 24 cent dividend will be paid to all
      shareholders of the company. The dividend is in line with what the company
      paid in previous quarters. Stocks closed the week at 15.99, a 0.31% increase
      over yesterday's closing. The day's range was 15.75 - 16.05.

      //->> THE CHAIR SHOT
      By Kevin I. Dodge -[kidodge@...]-

      First of all let me introduce myself to all of our readers. My name is Kevin
      Dodge and I have been following wrestling for about 25 years. I even put
      myself through a Pro Wrestling school up in the Pacific Northwest and
      experienced the industry first hand. I would still be doing it today if my
      back would let me. But, unfortunately, my back and my doctors are dead set
      against it.

      Throughout the years we have all seen wrestling go through it's ups and
      downs. Right now wrestling seems to be just kind of in the middle. My
      biggest complaint about wrestling is to many wrestlers want to be actors
      first and wrestlers second. If we wanted that as fans we would call it Pro
      Acting not Pro wrestling. To many wrestlers worry about their promos and mic
      time and forget about the basic fundamentals of wrestling. It just drives me
      nuts to see someone with huge charisma and little athletic ability getting
      big pushes and the true athletes getting left behind.

      WWE doesn't seem to want to do much to improve itself. Personally, I think
      Vince is trying to branch out just a little to much. The money he made of
      his first two movies show that. I think that him teaming up with Pride
      Fighting out of Japan is more his speed and maybe he should let the movies
      stay in Hollywood. Vince has great promotial skills and I think he can make
      Pride Fighting a major competitor for UFC.

      As far as what is going on right now on TV. When I saw Raw the other night
      and saw Ric Flair, with the help of DX, beat the Spirit sqad I knew
      something special was going on. Don't be surprised if that was Ric's last
      match. I saw it in his eyes. He was almost in tears after the match. You
      could feel the emotion. Like him or not he has done so much for this
      business during the last 30+ years. And if it was his last time in the ring
      I think he is going out just the way he wants.

      Not only did he win his match, but he also put over 2 wrestlers who are the
      future of the WWE, Edge and Randy Orton.
      Speaking of the ECW, what the hell happened to the word EXTREME. That is
      what the ECW was based on. Vince has completely neutered Paul Heyman. I
      would be great if Paul could have complete creative freedom and make ECW
      what it was, but we all know that it will never happen. Hopefully the
      Hardy's will be able to get a tag division started and add a whole different
      element to the show. Team Extreme just naturally belongs in the ECW. I also
      think that bringing in some new fresh faces would be a great asset to
      Tuesday night. Just like CM Punk. Maybe start looking to places like NJPW,
      CZW, or even the ECCW for new and upcoming stars.

      Now Smackdown...Where to start. The majority of wrestlers are great, but the
      writers just suck. And their ratings prove it. It's nice to see Batista back
      with the belt, but who is there who can challenge him, King Booker, Finlay,
      maybe even Kennedy. The biggest star on Smackdown, the Undertaker, will
      probably never get the title again. Hopefully some of the new wrestlers that
      have either signed or are about to will go to Smackdown and help turn things
      around. Wrestlers like Monte Brown and Irish heavyweight champion Sheamus
      O'Shaunessy. I would really like to see Smackdown make a turnaround, but
      unless they can get some decent writers, and be able to keep them more then
      just a couple of months, then I don't see much improvement with the
      storylines.

      TNA on the other hand started out with such a bang. I really love the
      X-division, but get rid of Kevin Nash. But how come if your in the
      X-division you aren't allowed to compete outside of it? The best wrestlers
      on TV today are in the X-division and will probably never even see a
      heavyweight title shot. A.J. Styles, Chris Sabin, Christopher Daniels, Petey
      Williams, and Senshi would all give any heavyweight a run for their money.
      They are probably the most talented and creative wrestlers on the whole
      roster but seem to be stuck all competing for the second place title. All
      the while the only title shots seem to go to wrestlers like Sting, Christian
      Cage, Abyss, and Jeff Jarrett. Not that they are bad wrestlers, but they
      just don't bring the excitement and originality to the ring that others
      might. Also, this whole Voodoo Kin Mafia is a joke. Kip and BG James were
      lousy when they were with DX and are even worse now. I'm still not sure how
      BG made it and his brothers didn't. He was the worst wrestler of the whole
      Armstrong family. But that's just my opinion and you know what they say
      about opinions.

      Well I hope you enjoy my first addition to this newsletter. Also, don't
      forget about you local independant wrestlers. You have alot of men and women
      out there traveling the roads going from town to town just to put on a show.
      So if you hear of a show going on in your town take time and go check it
      out. Who knows, you maybe seeing the future of wrestling.