    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2006

      Wednesday October 18th 2006 Issue #2338

      Nothing to say today. Back tomorrow.

      Access Wrestling-Online.com NEWS from your mobile/PDA
      http://mobile.wrestling-online.com

      > KURT ANGLE RIPS INTO MCMAHON DURING CONFERENCE CALL
      - Kurt Angle had a conference call yesterday with reporters and answered
      question for around an hour and a half. Angle totally ripped into Vince
      McMahon, even saying that he will never work for him again. Angle blasted
      McMahon's way of treating him, denying him three months off when he needed
      them, and not agreeing to his marketing ideas as well as not using him
      properly. "I don't think I'll ever work for Vince McMahon again," said the
      former champ. Angle admitted working McMahon in securing his release, crying
      during the meeting to get his sympathy. The Olympic gold medalist said that
      he sees himself working for TNA for the next "30 years" and put himself over
      as the best wrestler in the world.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3776]

      > RAW RATING
      - RAW did a 3.7 composite rating with a 5.0 share for Monday's show, down
      from last week's 3 hour broadcast which pulled a 3.8 and a 4.1 for its usual
      9 to 11 timeslot. The hours were 3.6 and 3.7. AM Raw on Sunday morning did a
      0.6 with a 2.7 share. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put
      online by PWInsider.com)

      > AUSTIN TO SIGN AUTOGRAPHS FOR AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY EVENT
      - The Rattlesnake Stone Cold Steve Austin will be making a rare personal
      appearance and will sign autographs at the American Cancer Society's 4th
      Annual Jackson County Relay for Life this Saturday at 6PM at the Ganado ISD
      Football Stadium in Ganado, TX. Austin will match all money which will be
      contributed for autographs and they will be donated to the American Cancer
      Society. The Relay for Life event will raise money for research and programs
      of your local American Cancer Society. During the event, teams of people
      gather at schools, fairgrounds, or parks and take turns walking or running
      laps. More at Cancer.org.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3778]

      > WWE HIRES 24 YEAR OLD ANNOUNCER
      - The Times Express, a newspaper operating in Monroeville, PA., has a story
      up on their website about a 24 year old sports broadcaster who has just been
      hired by WWE as an on-air talent. Jack Korpela started working for WWE on
      Monday, five months after he sent his audition tape. Korpela said that after
      the typical Q&A during the interview, he had to broadcast a few taped
      matches and was then told to sell a bottle of water to see how good he is in
      marketing a product. Eventually he got hired by the company and is
      undergoing training until he makes his debut in a couple of months. You can
      read the story at
      http://www.gatewaynewspapers.com/timesexpress/sports/66765/
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3779]

      > STOCKS
      - Stocks closed the day at 16.48, a 1.20% decrease over yesterday's closing.
      The day's range was 16.41 - 16.82.