    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2006

      Thursday September 14th 2006 Issue #2316

      Well we're kinda late today. I know I know. I just spent five hours walking
      around Washington, DC., and I'm dead tired. I haven't walked this much since
      New York City in 2004 when thanks to the wonderful directions of Ian
      Hamilton, we spent four hours walking trying to locate Borders! :) Remember
      that, Ian?

      W-O Newsletter 10th Year Anniversary Issue
      Vote for the Most Memorable Moment in the past decade
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/cgi-bin/vote/

      > GAGNE FIRED FROM WWE
      - Greg Gagne, son of legendary AWA promoter and WWE Hall Of Famer Verne
      Gagne, has been fired from WWE this week according to Dave Meltzer of the
      Observer. Gagne was originally hired in April, a few weeks after his father
      was inducted in the Hall Of Fame and was one of the road agents for the
      company. He was later sent to Ohio Valley Wrestling to help with the
      training and booking of the OVW television show.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3534]

      > MCMAHON SAYS WWE.COM SUCKS
      - During the shareholder's meeting Vince McMahon proclaimed that WWE.COM
      sucks and that his people know that! McMahon was answering a comment from a
      shareholder who was congratulating him for making the most use of the
      Internet with the Shopzone, multiple updates throughout the day on WWE.COM,
      the Mobile Alert service and other online marketing. McMahon quickly gave
      his opinion on what he thinks of the website. In a funny response from
      Michael Cole, who is in charge of the main WWE.COM website, he said that
      indeed it does suck...compared to what they have coming in October. "Wish I
      could say the same for the boss," Cole added. "Let's just say myself and
      everyone at WWE.com will be squarely in DX's corner this Sunday. Oh and by
      the way, Triple H is right..." he said, which was followed by a picture of
      'Vince loves cock'.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3535]

      > ECW RATING DROPS
      - ECW on Sci Fi received a 1.9 rating with a 3.0 share, down 0.2 from last
      week and around half a point down from it's usual average. Certainly not
      good news for the company. With a low RAW rating it certainly was not a
      happy week for WWE television. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research
      and put online by PWInsider.com)

      > WWE ANNOUNCES QUARTERLY DIVIDEND
      - WWE today announced that its board of directors today declared the
      Company's regular quarterly dividend of $0.24 per share on all Class A and
      Class B common stock. The record date for the dividend will be September
      30th 2006, and the payment date will be October 10th 2006. In simple English
      that means that for every one WWE share that you hold, you will get 24
      cents. If your last name is McMahon, you're set to make millions of dollars.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3537]

      > ROCK SAYS NO MORE WRESTLING
      - In a story being published by Reuters, Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson has ruled
      out any kind of return to the world of professional wrestling, saying he
      wants to concentrate only on his acting career. "I have been out (of
      wrestling ) now for about three, four years. People always ask me (if I will
      go back) because I quietly got out," he said. "I never wanted to make a big
      splash or exodus...I just wanted to quietly get out and devote myself to
      acting." Moving away from his WWE gimmick, Johnson will be dropping 'The
      Rock' name for his movies, and will simply be credited by his real name. His
      new movie, 'Gridiron Gang' will be out tomorrow.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3536]

      > DAY OF FIRE SONG SELECTED AS OFFICIAL THEME FOR UNFORGIVEN
      - A press release was sent out today announcing that the song 'Run',
      performed by the Grammy nominated and Dove Award winning Day of Fire has
      been selected as the official theme song for this Sunday's pay-per-view
      Unforgiven. "Day of Fire is very excited about working with the WWE," said
      lead singer Josh Brown. "We hope to be a part of many future WWE events. For
      me personally, this is really cool because I grew up watching Jerry 'The
      King' Lawler wrestle in Memphis, TN. Now he is the voice of Monday Night Raw
      on the USA Network and it is truly an honor to have him introduce our song
      'Run' as the official theme song of WWE's Unforgiven 2006."
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3533]

      > STOCKS
      - Stocks closed the day at 16.77, a 0.24% decrease over yesterday's closing.
      The day's range was 16.70 - 17.05.