    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2006

      Thursday August 17th 2006 Issue #2299

      One of our former writers - Rick Rockwell - returns with a new column today.
      Now if Jon Beck and Chris Bernes move their @sses....we'll have some more
      columns joining Oren Kurtz' work!

      Back tomorrow.

      Order the 3-disc WrestleMania 22 on DVD. Available now!
      http://www.wrestlingmegastore.com

      > RAW AND ECW RATINGS
      - This week's RAW pulled a 4.1 rating with a 6.5 share off hours 3.9 and
      4.3. That is 0.1 down from the previous week but more than the average of
      the past few weeks. ECW on Tuesday did a 2.3 with a 4.0 share, also down 0.1
      from last week but remained the top show on Sci Fi. (Ratings compiled by
      Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

      > SCI FI TO AIR RAW LIVE IN TWO WEEKS
      - While USA Network will not be airing RAW live in two weeks time due to the
      US Open, Sci Fi has picked up RAW and will air it live in its usual 9PM
      timeslot. USA Network will air a replay right at 11PM when the live RAW ends
      on Sci Fi. Both USA and Sci Fi are owned by NBC Universal, which explains
      why this switch was made without any problems. As always, USA Network
      pre-empts RAW whenever there's the US Open or the Westminster dog show
      airing at the same time. Sci Fi is currently enjoying a nice rating jump on
      Tuesdays thanks to ECW and they would welcome anything like that airing on a
      Monday!
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3333]

      > LEYLA WINS THE $250,000 DIVA SEARCH CONTEST
      - Leyla El was announced as the third $250,000 Diva Search Contest winner
      during a one hour special show on USA Network live from the Hard Rock Cafe
      in Times Square in New York City. J.T. Tinney was the first one eliminated
      from the show and Jen England placed second. The former Miami Heat dancer -
      who received the most votes online and in SMS messages - will now be offered
      a one year deal with the company and was also awarded $250,000 in cash. Todd
      Grisham and last year's winner Ashley Massaro hosted the event.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3294]

      > FINANCIAL RESULTS TO BE ANNOUNCED AT THE END OF MONTH
      - WWE will be announcing the financial results for the quarter ended July
      28, 2006 on August 31st at 11AM EST. A conference call will be held and
      members of the media are invited for a Q&A session that will follow the
      results. Those interested in participating can call on 800-895-3606 and
      quote 'WWE' as the conference ID. You have to reserve a line 15 minutes
      prior to the start time. A webcast will be held live on the WWE's corporate
      website at corporate.wwe.com

      > SIX TRIBUNE TV STATIONS TO AIR SMACKDOWN! IN EARLY SEPTEMBER
      Tribune television stations in six major markets across the United States
      will start airing WWE Smackdown! in early September prior to the official
      premiere of the show on The CW Network on Friday, September 22nd. The
      stations include WPIX in New York, KTLA in Los Angeles, WGN in Chicago, WDCW
      in Washington, KHCW in Houston and WTXX in Hartford. For the full three week
      schedule of Smackdown! in September for these stations, you can go to
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3334]

      > STOCKS
      - Stocks closed the day at 15.90, a 1.36% decrease over yesterday's closing.
      The day's range was 15.79 - 16.19.

      //->> THE ABNORMAL STRETCH
      'DOUBLE R' RICK ROCKWELL -[RARforlife@...]-

      "The Party has Returned"

      ECW isn't the only one to make a long awaited comeback; and SummerSlam isn't
      the biggest party of the summer. The return of Double R and his "Abnormal
      Stretch" column has them both beat, HANDS DOWN! Well especially after last
      night's ECW show and the ever less exciting lineup for SummerSlam. If the
      crowds can cease the standing ovations, It's time to commence battle.
      "FREEDOM"!

      Oh man, I feel bad for you readers. After a long layoff, I have a ton of
      Abnormalities built up. But I will limit this column to just a few of them.
      Please put your seatbelts and Hans device on because we are going to do some
      reckless driving.

      I am absolutely DISGUSTED with the use of Eddie Guerrero as a storyline. I
      can't help but think that Vinny Mac has lost his mind. Apparently steroids
      shrink your brain too. I have had the honor of meeting Eddie Guerrero on
      several occasions. Every time I met him, he was courteous and friendly. Over
      the years, his talent took him to the top. He was an inspiration to many by
      overcoming his well documented problems. To see WWE use his memory as a
      storyline is disrespectful. It's also a reflection of how the creative minds
      are only working on 1 brain cell. Apparently they have had to much "contact"
      with RVD lately. But what makes this whole story worse, is the use of
      Eddie's wife. Have I been in a come the last couple of years? Since when do
      we make wrestling stars out of widows? I can't think of a lower point in
      pro-wrestling history. May God have mercy on you all. That's all I am going
      to say about that.

      Now, let me take some pepto and a deep breath so that I may continue. Who is
      this "Miz" guy? What "kissing cousins" did he come from? This guy is about
      as talented as Maurice Clarett is a fine upstanding citizen. He belongs in a
      frat-house not on our televisions. Why can't Sandman come out and hit him
      with the cane? The more I think about this "Miz", the more questions I have
      and the more upset my stomach gets.

      Does anyone really call and vote for these Diva contestants? If so, please
      stop. Just send me the couple bucks and save us from another year of this
      contest. I can put your money to good use. These so-called competitions make
      George the Animal look like Einstein. I have never seen so many
      uncoordinated, untalented, and unintelligent "HOT" women in my life. It's
      like waking up Christmas morning all excited to open your presents and all
      you get are SOCKS!

      Well ladies and gentlemen I am going to keep this short and bitter. So roll
      the closing credits. The sun has gone down on today's column.

      For those that aren't in the know, you can catch me over at
      www.abnormalstretch.com.

      God Bless our Troops!