    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 2:20 PM

      Tuesday August 1st 2006 Issue #2288

      I just remembered, next month, this newsletter will be 10 years old. Now
      that's a long time!

      Back later.

      Order the 3-disc WrestleMania 22 on DVD. Available now!
      http://www.wrestlingmegastore.com

      > TATANKA, KHALI BACK ON THE ROAD
      - It seems that two of the suspended Smackdown! Superstars have been lifted
      off their respective suspensions and returned on the road this week. Both
      Tatanka and The Great Khali were present at the Smackdown! tapings yesterday
      and took part on the show. Tatanka was told he was being taken off last week
      while Khali was taken out with liver-related issues the day before The Great
      American Bash, which forced him to miss his match against the Undertaker on
      the PPV.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3159]

      > ECW RETURNS TO NEW YORK
      - ECW is back in New York at the site of the 'One Night Stand' pay-per-views
      - the Hammerstein Ballroom. The company will tape its live show for Sci Fi
      at the Hammerstein for the first time and the rowdy NY fans will get their
      first taste of live ECW action tonight. On tonight's show, Kurt Angle will
      make his return after the 30 day suspension and CM Punk will be debuting as
      well. Batista will challenge the Big Show for the ECW title and Tommy
      Dreamer & Sandman will meet Test & Mike Knox.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3158]

      > BOB HOLLY BACK IN ACTION
      - Almost a year after he was sidelined with several health problems,
      'Hardcore' Bob Holly made his return yesterday in a dark match prior to
      Smackdown! during the combined RAW/SD! Supershow yesterday. W-O Newsletter
      reader Matthew Devlin who attended the show sent in word that Holly wrestled
      a dark match against Simon Dean, his first since October of 2005. Holly was
      in bad shape trying to recover from a staph infection he developed in his
      arm which later turned out to be MRSA.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3160]

      > SMACKDOWN! RATING
      - Smackdown! did a 2.2 rating with a 4.0 share for last Friday's show, down
      a notch from the past few weeks since Batista's return on television.
      (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)