    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2006

      Monday July 31st 2006 Issue #2287

      If you're going to RAW tonight please don't forget to send us some off air
      notes from the show. Thank you.

      Order the 3-disc WrestleMania 22 on DVD. Available now!
      http://www.wrestlingmegastore.com

      > RAW BRAND OFF TO AUSTRALIA TOMORROW
      - It's going to be a long week for the RAW Superstars and crew as the roster
      will be traveling to Australia tomorrow for a three day tour. On Thursday,
      Friday and Saturday RAW will be in Newcastle, Sydney and Melbourne for live
      non-televised events and then they will be back on Sunday to prepare for
      another live RAW taping the following day. Although these are not shown on
      TV, live events overseas are very important to the WWE business as they
      generate a lot of gate money and merchandise for the company.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3151]

      > GET YOUR WRESTLEMANIA TICKETS DIRECTLY FROM WWE
      - W-O Newsletter reader Corey O'Neill sent in word that WWE personnel
      distributed forms at last week's Smackdown!/ECW combined tapings that will
      allow fans in attendance to purchase tickets for WrestleMania 23 directly
      from WWE before they go on sale to the general public. All forms carry a
      serial number so no photo copies are allowed. The deadline for this is
      August 11th, and you will be able to get the tickets at face value without
      any Ticketmaster fees. WWE usually reserves this kind of activity for
      friends and families of the company but it seems that this year they
      distributed a limited number of forms to fans as well. If you weren't at the
      tapings last week, the only way to get these forms is through eBay by
      searching for 'WrestleMania 23'. Remember, the auctions are only for the
      forms to reserve your ticket.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3152]

      > ARMED FORCES NETWORK TO GET ALL WWE PPV'S FREE
      - MultiChannel News is reporting that WWE is offering all of its
      pay-per-views for free on the Armed Forces Network. AFN reaches servicemen
      and women in 176 countries and 200 US Navy ships at sea, and already
      receives broadcasts of Monday Night RAW, Friday Night Smackdown! and ECW.
      This is the latest 'present' so to speak by WWE to the US military after
      last month the company announced they will offer free tickets to anyone who
      goes to live WWE events in their military uniform.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3153]

      > RAW PREVIEW
      - Announced for tonight's RAW is a match between the undefeated Umaga and
      one half of Degeneration X, Shawn Michaels. According to the RAW preview,
      Mick Foley will be at the arena to address Ric Flair and rumors are that
      Hulk Hogan will be appearing on the show tonight as well.

      - Stocks closed the day at 16.38, a 0.73% decrease over Friday's closing.
      The day's range was 16.20 - 16.58.

      //->> THE WRESTLING AUTHORITY
      By Oren Kurtz -[syxx_ok@...]-

      The one thing that comforts me each week as I watch Smackdown is that I have
      another week and two decent wrestling shows to watch before I have to go
      through that painstaking ordeal again. So you can imagine how I feel four
      times a year when I'm forced to watch 5 straight hours of Smackdown. That
      was the case last week, as I witnessed what I thought was a brutal PPV.

      It started up great, The now suspended Pit bulls and London & Kendrik put on
      a hell of a match which could only be better if these guys were in a longer
      program which would've made their timing with each other perfect. But from
      then on - things went down hill. Finlay and Regal killed the crowd. Someone
      needs to tell WWE writers that you can't put two heels who feed of the
      energy of a face against each other, as it would cause total boredom. Note
      to Michael Cole - The fans didn't chant "boring" because they wanted to see
      Bobby Lashley, they chanted it because they were bored. I'd chant it too,
      but no one would hear me anyway.

      The brutality continued when Big Show faced the Undertaker. While that match
      did have its decent spots - it bored the hell out of me, and the ending was
      somewhere between pathetic and embarrassing - so pathetic that there wasn't
      even one replay of it. On a side note, that match made me appreciate JBL a
      whole lot more - if he could carry the Big Show into a half decent cage
      match, I guess he is talented.

      If anyone can explain the logic of having Matt Hardy beat Mr. Kennedy two
      weeks ago and then losing to Gregory Helms in a none title match, I'd be
      very happy. And wasn't I promised a Cruiser weight title match on Smackdown
      before the PPV?
      I was actually pleased with the Batista - Kennedy outcome, as I was glad
      that Kennedy wasn't buried but Batista got the heat he needed.

      And since brutal is the theme of that PPV, I have to talk about the chair
      shot. THE chair shot. I don't think I EVER saw such a brutal chair shot, I
      actually grabbed my head at that very second. Of course, I'm also very happy
      with the direction that the main event is taking Smackdown too, Booker T VS
      Batista has a lot of potential, and I hope that the program between the two
      won't be just a Summerslam encounter but a full blown feud until the
      Survivor Series.

      Over on Raw, the writers continue to force feed us with Cena as a face, this
      time having him team up with Naitch. While I think Flair is entertaining, I
      have to say that Foley has a point in his interviews - Flair hasn't been
      innovative in quite a few years and he has been living of his charisma and
      his legacy, though you have to give it to Flair - he's willing to take sick
      bumps for a man his age. I just think that both these men are much more
      entertaining outside the ring than inside.

      On the DX side of things, putting Umaga in their way will certainly provide
      more of a challenge for DX on the wrestling side as they won't be able to
      squash him like they did the Spirit Squad. I miss the edge that DX had in
      the late 90's, today they just pull pranks, but I miss them beating the crap
      out of people.

      I received an email from one of my readers (well, I received a lot of
      emails, but I'm going to tell you about one right now), stating that though
      I might not like Edge, there really isn't anyone else who can be a world
      champion. Sadly, that is true, as I think that the championship should have
      been feuded between a heel-turned John Cena and Shawn Michaels. Cena as a
      heel would be super over and would be Ideal for a feud with DX. Michaels
      could then feud with Edge too, as I think that putting Edge against someone
      who IS actually over would push him to a higher level too.

      Before I go, I want to note that I recently watched the Dusty Rhodes DVD. I
      keep hearing on guys who were ahead of their time, like Billy Graham, Jake
      Roberts, Ted Debiase and Curt Hennig. Well, Big Dust is the exact opposite.

      Never has there been a guy with better timing. Today, Dust would get booed
      out of the building. But you gotta give it to Dusty - he always knew how to
      be in the right place, at the right time.

      That's it for me, take care, and if anyone wants to say something to me, my
      email is syxx_ok@...