    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2006

      Thursday June 29th 2006 Issue #2269

      Nothing to say today. Back later.

      Order the 3-disc WrestleMania 22 on DVD. Available now!
      http://www.wrestlingmegastore.com

      > WWE TO OFFER FREE TICKETS TO ALL US MILITARY PERSONNEL
      - The US Marine Corps sent a press release announcing that WWE is offering
      all US military personnel including those from the Army, Navy, Marines, Air
      Force, Reserves and National Guard a complimentary ticket to a live WWE
      event in their local area as long as they come dressed in their uniform and
      provide a military ID card. Tickets will be available on the day of the
      event. Gary Davis, Vice President of Corporate Communications for WWE said
      that this program is now in place and will continue indefinitely. You can
      read the full press release at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news/article_5388.shtml
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2945]

      > MCMAHON TAKING OVER ECW DUTIES
      - Word going around is that Paul Heyman has been lifted off the few powers
      that he had controlling the ECW brand and Vince McMahon is now taking over.
      While Heyman will stay on board doing the creative writing and appearing on
      screen, McMahon will be running the show and doing the necessary changes
      that he sees fit. If the third brand was set to be doomed from day one since
      it launched, now it seems more likely that it will fail since McMahon's
      vision of ECW is totally different from Heyman's vision of ECW. It will be
      interesting too see where this goes!
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2943]

      > JOHNNY PARISI RELEASED FROM WWE
      - WWE.COM is reporting that Joseph Dorgan - better known to wrestling fans
      as Johnny Parisi - has been let go from his contract. Parisi, who also
      wrestled as Johnny Swinger, signed a WWE deal in 2005 and was assigned to
      Ohio Valley Wrestling. He mainly wrestled on Heat and never appeared on RAW
      since he was signed. He also wrestled for WCW, ECW and TNA.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2944]

      > RAW, ECW RATINGS
      - RAW this past Monday received a 4.1 rating with a 6.4 share for the two
      hour broadcast off hours 3.6 and 4.5. That's a huge difference in the hourly
      ratings and we all know what was in the second hour. AM Raw did a 0.6 with a
      2.9 while ECW on Sci Fi did a 2.2 rating, down 0.1 from last week. (Ratings
      compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

      - Stocks closed the day at 16.86, a 3.18% increase over yesterday's closing.
      The day's range was 16.27 - 17.00.

      //->> THE LEGACY OF TRUTH
      By Chris Bernes -[thelegacyoftruth@...]-

      Anyone in the mood for some random thoughts?

      Yeah, me too!

      - Depending on how you view the situation, Vince McMahon and WWE Creative
      either love the members of the Spirit Squad to death or the Spirit Squad
      pissed somebody off at some time. You can view this from either the point
      of view that they are loved and have gotten a cover story on RAW magazine,
      and are programmed into a high profile match with DX.... Or, you can say
      they pissed someone off because they are in a lame cheerleading gimmick and
      despite being tag team champions, have been squashed by many big time
      players. Which on do you prefer??

      - Everyone who likes TNA take one step forward. Very good. Everyone who
      thinks it was a terrible idea for Jeff Jarrett to win the main event at this
      past weekend's Slammiversary card, please run away screaming into the
      night....

      Hey, where is everybody going?? I was kidding!!!! Come back!!!!

      - Overheard at a TNA booking committee meeting: "Let's have Samoa Joe lose
      his X Title but never get pinned.... this way his winning streak stays in
      tact!" Sorry, kids, but the result still reads "Senshi beat Sonjay Dutt and
      Samoa Joe in a 3-way X Division title match to win the belt". At least WCW
      didn't give us crap like that during Goldberg's monster run... yes, Goldberg
      beat a bunch of stiffs at first, but he always won clean for his winning
      streak. Samoa Joe is no longer undefeated. End of story.

      - Ian Hamilton's new book is ready to be ordered. I suggest everyone buys
      his book. Knowing Ian, and having had many conversations with him about the
      business, his knowledge and passion are sure to be out in plain sight and
      displayed in full in this book. Now, Ian, about that free copy you promised
      me....

      - The new ECW sucks. Not much more to say on that subject.

      - I was not for it at first... Actually, I was thinking the idea would sink
      faster than the new ECW... but after last Monday's RAW, I am convinced that
      D-Generation X can come back as strong as ever. I have to admit, they've
      still got it!

      - I can't figure out, for the life of me, why Sting and Scott Steiner have a
      job in the active ranks of TNA. I like them both, don't get me wrong, but
      the run is over. They are not huge drawing cards anymore. They add nothing
      except a warm bath of nostalgia to the TNA shows.... The ball has been
      dropped.

      - Jim Cornette is one of the best promo men ever... and I like his new
      gimmick as the "Public Face of TNA Management". But without back story, the
      Jim Cornette vs. Jeff Jarrett war means nothing. Are TNA and WWE sharing
      crack smoking Creative teams??

      - I'd like to say something- ANYTHING- about Smackdown! but the show is just
      too bad to watch.

      - Someone told me Val Venis is back. Then I reminded myself how little I
      care about Val Venis.

      - Kelly The Bimbo, the resident stripper of the new (sucky) ECW... one word:
      WHY?

      - For wrestling fans who also enjoy the Ultimate Fighting Championship:

      Saturday July 8 is the long awaited rematch between former WWE
      Intercontinental champion and former NWA Champion Ken Shamrock, and the guy
      who beat him in their last fight, Tito Ortiz. The bad blood is boiling
      over, and this fight should be a great one. I like Ken Shamrock... I
      enjoyed interviewing him when he was inducted into the UFC Hall Of Fame in
      2003 (Look up our back issues for a copy of the interview), and he was one
      of the most accommodating people I ever interviewed... but I think this
      time, Ken is not going to win. I certainly hope he wins, and I will be
      rooting for him, but I think Tito Ortiz is going to pull it off. I hope I'm
      wrong.

      - I don't know why this suddenly popped into my head, but it should be
      addressed.... It seems that since the death of Brian Pillman, the WWE has
      subsequently handled the deaths of WWE superstars in the primes of their
      careers with a lot of dignity and respect for the deceased. Pillman's was
      covered very matter-of-factly. This was the beginning of their learning
      process. Sure, we got an interview with Melanie Pillman the next night (bad
      timing, but she agreed because she wanted to tell her story), but it was
      over just as quickly and soon forgotten about by just about everyone....
      except for the most avid fans, and Pillman fans like myself, not many people
      remember Flyin' Brian unless reminded of him.

      Then, after the tragic fall of Owen Hart, the WWE made sure to address the
      media swiftly and truthfully (as much as they could with an investigation
      looming large). Much was made about how much Owen meant to the WWE and his
      friends and fans... the signs of corporate maturity was showing.

      More recently, when Eddie Guerrero passed, I found it was dealt with so
      well, with a caring that the company is not usually known for. His
      posthumous induction into the WWE Hall Of Fame as well as the ongoing
      tributes to Latino Heat is a step to ensuring that a generation of fans
      never forgets his contributions to this business. The same should have been
      done for Pillman and Hart, but one must learn to crawl before on learns to
      walk. I hope we never have to go through another death of a WWE wrestler in
      his prime, but if we do, I'm sure that it will be done with style and grace.

      Style and grace - two words not usually associated with Vince
      McMahon...yeah, I'm just as amazed.

      Till next time... "Keep one foot in the gutter, and one fist in the gold!"

      (The name of the first reader to correctly identify the person the above
      quote is credited to will be printed in my next column. Please, use your
      full name.... I refuse to recognize "DXfan69" or "HemmeLover" or any other
      internet screen name.)