    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2006

      Monday May 1st 2006 Issue #2231

      Wow did Backlash suck or what? I'm glad I didn't stay up till five in the
      morning to watch that crap. I saw it this morning and jeez, it bored the
      hell out of me.

      Anyway, back tomorrow.

      Pre-Order WrestleMania 22 on DVD for earliest delivery
      http://www.wrestlingmegastore.com

      > CENA RETAINS THE TITLE, RVD WINS IC STRAP
      - The Chain Gang came out on top yesterday as the WWE champion John Cena
      defeated Triple H and Edge in a three way match to retain the gold. It was a
      fun match which saw Triple H getting his face totally covered with blood and
      ultimately getting pinned by Cena after a failed Pedigree attempt. After the
      match, Triple H hit everyone in sight with the sledgehammer and gave Cena a
      couple of DX crotch chops to a large ovation from the crowd. The King of
      Kings lives!

      In other matches from the show, Carlito defeated Chris Masters. Masters
      botched a kick out and the referee looked like an idiot by stopping at two
      and a half while Master's shoulder was still pinned; Umaga crushed Ric Flair
      using his thumb finishing move. Yeah I can't believe I said that; Mickie
      James got disqualified for choking out Trish who suffered a shoulder injury
      during the match; Rob Van Dam became the new IC champion by defeating
      Shelton Benjamin. Picture perfect frog splash for the finish; Big Show and
      Kane put on a stinker that made you appreciate the fast forward button on
      your remote control. The match was a no contest apparently after Kane
      freaked out when voices saying May 19th started playing. I can't believe I
      said that either; Vince & Shane McMahon defeated Shawn Michaels & God after
      Spirit Squad interfered. We were led to believe that God walked out on HBK
      half way through the match. Prior to the match, Vince 'walked on water' and
      made one bread and one fish turn into a dozen or so. And Shane's water
      turned into wine. Pretty hilarious stuff. Oh and he cured Candice's chest
      cold and she almost had an orgasm. Make that three, I can't believe I said
      that; Matt Striker also had a segment with Eugene who was picking his nose
      and made Striker eat his booger. I can't believe I....ahhhh forget it.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2611]

      > RAW PREVIEW
      - There are no matches announced yet for tonight's RAW however WWE.COM is
      saying that The Cutting Edge will return tonight and the guest will be none
      other than the hardcore legend himself Mick Foley. Foley has been absent
      from WWE television since his defeated at the hands of Edge at WrestleMania
      22 but with ECW 'One Night Stand' just over a month away, Foley is expected
      to show his face a little bit more leading up to the show. Also Vince
      McMahon is expected to make a 'huge announcement', and usually these kind of
      stuff end up pretty much disappointments.

      > STRATUS SUFFERS SHOULDER INJURY
      - Former WWE women's champion Trish Stratus suffered a dislocated right
      shoulder during yesterday's pay-per-view after Mickie James pushed her over
      the top turnbuckle. Stratus had a nasty fall and the match was cut short and
      went right to the finish afterwards. Doctors backstage managed to put her
      shoulder back in the socket however an MRI is scheduled to determine to
      extent of her injury.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2604]

      > ROSS REPLACING STYLES FULL TIME
      - Before the pay-per-view, WWE sent out a message to their Mobile Alert
      subscribers saying that Jim Ross would be doing the live PPV broadcast
      instead of Joey Styles. Styles was calling Heat with Jerry 'The King' Lawler
      on WWE.COM but then without any explanation given to viewers, Jim Ross
      replaced him before the start of the PPV. Despite saying otherwise, Jim Ross
      is returning to do play by play for Monday Night RAW full time, probably
      even starting with tonight's show while Styles' future is in the air. With
      ECW returning soon, he's believed to be doing announcing for the company
      once it kicks off.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2606]

      > GREG GAGNE OFFERED ROAD AGENT JOB
      - Last month his father was inducted in the WWE Hall Of Fame and now he's
      getting an opportunity to work for World Wrestling Entertainment. Greg
      Gagne, the son of legendary wrestler Verne Gagne, started as a WWE road
      agent on a full time basis according to Dave Meltzer of the Observer. Gagne
      will join other former wrestlers such as Ted DiBiase, Dean Malenko, Ricky
      Steamboat and others who serve as road agents.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2605]

      > STOCKS
      - Stocks closed the day at 17.35, a 0.06% increase over yesterday's closing.
      The day's range was 17.15 - 17.51.