    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2006

      Friday March 3rd 2006 Issue #2198

      Finally, it's the weekend. Woooo. And 27 more days until my 2 week
      holiday in the US - including watching WrestleMania live. Counting the
      days man...counting the days!

      Get John Cena's WWE US Spinner replica title
      special prize of only $149.99

      - WWE.COM has revealed the Playboy cover of the April 2006 issue which
      features WWE Diva Candice Michelle. "WWE's Candylicious Challenger" says
      the headline on top of the Playboy logo. "Candice Michelle - Out of the
      ring, Out of her clothes, Outrageous." Michelle is sporting a sexy
      white, hm, er...sort of a...well words won't do justice, so go ahead and
      check it out at
      http://repository.wwe.com/wallpaper/images/covercandicepb.jpg . Candice
      is the fifth WWE Diva to appear on the Playboy magazine in her birthday
      outfit following Sable, Chyna, Torrie Wilson and Christy Hemme.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2265]

      - Always looking for new material to add to their 24/7 on demand service
      and DVD releases, WWE announced during the conference call yesterday
      that they acquired Mike Graham's - Eddie Graham's son - Florida
      Championship Wrestling tape library for an estimated $1 million. The
      promotion lasted from 1949 to 1989.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2263]

      - 'Tombstone: The History of the Undertaker' was revealed as the biggest
      selling non-PPV DVD ever in WWE history. The DVD features 19 matches
      from 'Taker's career in WWE and tons of extras in a three disc set.
      WrestleMania 21 is their biggest overall seller, surpassing the
      WrestleMania XX disc. During the conference call yesterday, they also
      said that the Bret Hart three disc DVD is also having a huge success
      with the fans and are happy with the way things are moving with the DVD.
      DVD sales are the strongest in the branded merchandise department.
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2266]

      - WWE Champion John Cena appeared yesterday at the Sanremo Festival in
      Italy for an onstage interview. Complete with theme song and the spinner
      WWE championship, Cena arrived to a loud ovation from the fans sitting
      in the auditorium. The host of the show asked several questions
      including how he trains, the big success WWE is in Italy, also touched
      the 'fake' subject and then asked about Eddie Guerrero, at which point
      the whole crowd started clapping. Cena put over Guerrero for loving his
      family and the business. To end the interview Cena told the fans to keep
      watching, get an education and not to try anything they see on TV at
      home. Cena obviously talked in English while an interpreter did the job
      in Italian for fans who didn't understand the language. Putting over
      that his family is Italian, Cena failed to answer where they are from
      when the host asked, simply replying, "I don't know!" Ouch!
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2261]

      - The following matches have been taped for tonight's Smackdown! on UPN.
      Tatanka vs Booker T; Super Crazy vs Randy Orton; Matt Hardy & Animal vs
      MNM; Bobby Lashley vs Finlay; Undertaker vs Kurt Angle for the World
      - [Discuss: http://www.wrestling-online.com/boards/%5d -

      By Andrew Bulik -[andrewbulik@...]-

      Howdy! And welcome to everyone's favourite Wrestling-Online column
      by a Scotsman. I got a fair whack to talk about so I should just get
      down to
      it, don't you think?

      WrestleMania is around 40 days away and you can't help but get a little
      excited. The space between No Way Out and WrestleMania is deliberately
      longest on the calendar to build tension and storylines and man, that's
      a blessing and a curse ain't it?

      Let's have a quick look at how WrestleMania XXII (I refuse to call it
      that's sooo dumbed-down). First things first, the title song. In
      years we had the likes of Limp Bizkit. You know, young, rebellious,
      This year we have Peter Gabriel, with the uber-lame 'Big Time'. What
      sort of
      message does that send to fans? Our product is going to be as boring and
      lame as our title artist. Please!

      The Raw main event is John Cena vs Triple H, but you knew that already
      didn't you? Do you want to see these two musclebound bores go at it in
      top show of the year, and no doubt have about 5 rematches in the months
      afterwards? Well if you're like me, you will have the same apathetic
      attitude I had towards both main events involving these guys at
      last year. I'm sorry but this match does not interest me in the
      Triple H IS becoming the Ric Flair of his generation. By that I mean the
      Flair that's wrestled the same damned match for the last 10 years.
      is not innovative and his matches are ultimately predictable as a result
      this. Cena is capable of being carried, as Angle, Christian and Jericho
      shown, but is Triple H the man to do it? He, in my opinion, was not able
      do it with Batista or Goldberg - what makes Cena any different?

      Another issue I have with ol' Triple Chins is that he went on record
      that the reason John Cena was booed during his feud with Kurt Angle was
      because the 'Olympic Hero' did not do an effective enough job as a heel
      get Cena over. I'm sorry but Cena has been getting booed even before
      feuded with him so I felt it was very unfair on Kurt when Trippers made
      these comments. I felt gratified when I watched Raw this week and the
      booed the hell out of Cena, and just about brought themselves to cheer
      H. Maybe he wasn't doing an effective job as a heel eh?

      The worst thing about that whole situation is that you know Paul
      Levesque-McMahon is in Vince's ear and Daddy McMahon believes everything
      that his son-in-law tells him. I have a feeling Hunter just cannot
      that Kurt Angle is working at about 60% health day-in-day-out and on
      worst day, he could produce a match more thrilling than Helmsley could
      dream of. Strong words, but do you doubt their truth?

      On the blue side we have a 3-way which I hope claims the 'Last Match'
      at WrestleMania as I'm sure it will be a more exciting bout. Raw has had
      final match rights on the last 2 WrestleManias so surely it is the
      show's turn. Now I'm not happy with the use of Eddie Guerrero's name in
      build up of the match (it's tasteless), and I am scared that the overuse
      his legacy will overshadow the fact that it is Kurt Angle that is
      his title. Kurt has nothing to do with the Eddie feud and for this
      Threat feud to work we need to de-emphasise the Eddie aspect of the

      It looks like we have the Boogeyman going head to head with Booker T.
      T should be getting rewarded for doing a sensational job with Sharmell
      the heel US Champ. But instead it looks like he is going to be jobbed
      out to
      the useless Boogeyman. Remember Booker T was the high-profile guy left
      the main card last year and this is how he is repaid? It kind of sucks,
      don't you agree? Now I know Shane McMahon, the mastermind behind the
      Boogeyman gimmick, has hopes of getting the same longevity out of the
      character as The Undertaker has had, but at least Mark Callaway had some
      wrestling talent. I'd like to see Booker win and remove the Boogey
      from our screens, but alas, I'm a realist.

      Mark Henry vs The Undertaker has Bossman/Taker from WrestleMania XV
      all over it. Hopefully it will be quick and painless and will serve as
      end to the Mark Henry WWE ride. Casket Match anyone?

      The Money In The Bank match is an excellent idea. The match last year
      superb and with a new line-up in this bout could make it another
      showstealer. With Rob Van Dam and Shelton in the mix it certainly will
      thrilling. I have no doubt that Carlito will somehow get himself into
      mix in the coming weeks and I think this match will allow him to show
      talents, much like the Elimination Chamber match did at New Year's
      Revolution. Carlito's star really is rising and I hope 2006 will be a
      year for him. I am unsure about the inclusion of Ric Flair in this
      match. To
      be honest I thought the other 3 in the bout would have been Kane, Show
      Masters. Maybe the WWE will surprise me and have a Tag Team title match
      WMXXII - or maybe not. I think if you take the 3 that have already
      and add another 3, I'd like to see: RVD, Shelton, Flair, Carlito (second
      chance!), Masters and... Charlie Haas! It would be the perfect
      to bring him back with an impact and have him feud with Shelton and Haas
      more than capable of having a positive impact on this bout.

      JBL and Benoit should be able to provide suitable support for the main
      event, pushing the US Title's importance in the process.

      As for the Cruiserweights, I'd like to see a fatal four-way with Jamie
      Noble, Kid Kash, Super Crazy and Gregory Helms.

      The Hall of Fame Ceremony is shaping up nicely. Or at least it was. I
      it's amazing that Bret Hart has accepted his rightful place in the Hall
      Fame. I'm surprised that he refused to accept a fee on the grounds that
      said he would never work again with WWF/E. If that was me, I would have
      skinned the WWE for as much money as possible and then very publicly
      that to charity. Eddie Guerrero is of course a deserved and completely
      necessary entrant to the HoF. My problem with the Hall of Fame this year
      not Gene Okerlund's inclusion, that's a great addition, it's the fact
      Hulk Hogan is going to induct him. I mean I was sitting watching the
      vignette on RAW thinking 'I wouldn't be surprised if Hogan muscled in on
      this'. Surprise surprise, at the end of the vignette Hogan was announced
      Gene's presenter.

      Hulk Hogan steals Bret Hart's limelight? Now where have I seen that
      at WrestleMania? Gene didn't even want Hogan to present him! He wanted
      Heenan. Man, Hulk Hogan annoys me, over the last year he has screwed
      Michaels and now he'll try to do the same to Bret Hart. I hope the
      fans recognise this but I don't hold out much hope. Sigh.

      Just a few things. I've recently starting watching more TNA thanks to
      Wrestling Channel (Sky UK 427). Who got me interested? Of course it's
      Christian Cage. I completely disagree with KDawg's comments that
      winning 'the big one' in TNA makes the Orlando promotion look weak as he
      couldn't do the job in Stamford. In my opinion Cage is pitching it
      right. His first promo after winning the title was to slate the WWE
      how he was always told he 'didn't have the right look, was too small,
      not have IT'. His performances vocally and in-ring show he does have
      And the WWE gave 'it' away. Christian was easily one of the most over
      in the company, the fans loved his 'tweener' style, much like they did
      Rock a few years ago. Christian was so over last summer they had to put
      Chris Jericho in the match to take some of the heat off John Cena (as
      said in last months Power Slam, a UK wrestling magazine). But the WWE
      creative 'didn't know what to do with his character' and offered him an
      insulting contract renewal. Christian Cage has raised my interest in
      NWA:TNA, much like Hall and Nash did for WCW in 1996. Styles, Joe and
      Daniels will keep my interest like cruiserweights did for WCW in 1996.
      you see a pattern emerging. Even if you are die-hard WWE, you should
      take an
      interest in TNA for the sake of wrestling.

      It's great to see more guys writing for this newsletter, I don't think I
      officially welcomed Oren and KDawg but I'm glad to see some fresh blood
      putting word to screen. Our opinions may not agree but variety is the
      of life eh? If you have any comments about what I've written today
      send it to andrewbulik@... . I'll do my best to get
      back to
      you. Peace, out!

      © Copyright 1996-2006 Wrestling-Online.com