    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2005

      Friday December 31st 2005 Issue #2149

      So there goes 2005. In just a few hours we kick in a new year, and
      hopefully it will bring new and better things for everyone. It's NY's
      Eve, and I doubt many of you are staying in, so for those of you
      partying tonight, have fun!

      Back next year....I mean tomorrow or Monday. :-)

      Get the latest insider news headlines from WWE, TNA, ROH, UFC,
      PRIDE, K-1 and more with Death of WCW bestselling author Bryan
      Alvarez. Check out http://www.F4Wonline.com

      > WWE ATTORNEYS STOP CASE AGAINST LESNAR FOR NEW JAPAN SHOW
      - Mike Johnson over at PWInsider.com is reporting that WWE halted their
      attempts to block Brock Lesnar from once again making an appearance for
      New Japan Pro Wrestling for their 4th January show at the Tokyo Dome.
      The court hearing was scheduled on the 3rd, just one day prior to
      Lesnar's match. WWE already unsuccessfully tried to stop a match before,
      claiming that Lesnar's no compete clause he signed to quit WWE goes for
      any pro wrestling worldwide not just in the States. The judge accepted
      the withdrawal two days ago.

      > DOOM DVD EXTRAS ANNOUNCED
      - The Rock's movie 'Doom', scheduled for DVD release on February 7th,
      has been loaded with extras from Universal Pictures. The Unrated
      Extended version of the Doom DVD features exclusive extras which are not
      available in the other DVDs. Extras include 'First Person Shooter
      Sequence'. Visual Effects Supervisor Jon Farhat directed this sequence
      and explains how the look and feel of the game was created on film. This
      includes the entire 5:00 minute long version that was shortened for the
      final cut of the film; 'Game On!' A beginner's tour of locations,
      weapons, creatures and strategies of a "first person shooter," including
      tips and sidebars. The following extras will be included in all versions
      of the DVDs. 'Basic Training' Join The Rock and the rest of the cast as
      they train with the SAS. Learn with the team how to load and fire their
      weapon and all the rigors of real basic training; 'Rock Formation' Join
      make-up artist Jeff Dawn as he applies prosthetic make-up on The Rock
      for the final fight sequence with Karl Urban; 'Master Monster Makers' In
      this short feature, we will go in-depth on the making of the creatures
      in Doom. We will join Stan Winston's creature team as they face the task
      of turning foam and rubber into terrifying monsters; 'Doom Nation' This
      documentary feature will explore the worldwide phenomenon of Doom, the
      videogame franchise. From a profile on the creator, John Carmack and
      designer, Tim Willits (names familiar as characters in the movie) to a
      look at the legions of fans who can't get enough of he world's most
      addictive videogame.

      > RATINGS
      - This past Monday's RAW received a 3.7 rating with a 6.0 share, same
      number as last week's Troops show and down from the previous weeks. It
      had hours of 3.5 and 3.8. Saturday's AM RAW had a 0.6 rating with a 1.5
      share. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online by
      PWInsider.com)

      > STOCKS
      - Stocks closed the week yesterday at 14.68, a 0.07% increase over
      Thursday's closing. The day's range was 14.44 - 14.68.

      � Copyright 1996-2005 Wrestling-Online.com