    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2005

      Monday August 1st 2005 Issue #2044

      And so we begin the month August! We'll have a SummerSlam 2005 promotion
      on the site this week with a contest to win some cool stuff in
      association with WWE. So stay tuned.

      That's it for today. Back tomorrow.

      ECW 'One Night Stand' on DVD! OUT NOW!!
      http://www.wrestlingmegastore.com

      FREE Figure Four Daily Radio Show/Podcast with Death of WCW’s
      Bryan Alvarez. One new show posted weekly in free area. Members
      get a new program Monday through Friday. www.F4Wonline.com

      > RAW PREVIEW
      - A major announcement will be made tonight courtesy of Mr McMahon,
      although no hints have been given on the official WWE website. One match
      has been signed for the show, which is John Cena vs Carlito for the WWE
      championship. Also tonight will be the Eugene Invitational, continuing
      where Angle left off after being defeated by the returning Eugene. And
      obviously the latest installment of the $250,000 RAW Diva Search contest
      as one more contestant will be voted off by the fans. Who will it be?

      > TOUGH ENOUGH CHAMP SUFFERS BROKEN LEG
      - Matt Cappotelli, one of the two Tough Enough III winners who's
      currently down in Ohio Valley Wrestling suffered a broken fibula during
      one of the shows after botching a suplex. He's expected to be on the
      sidelines for up to two months. Cappotelli still has to be called up by
      WWE for either RAW or Smackdown! where as the other winner from TE III,
      John Hennigan, is part of the MNM tag team on Smackdown! using the name
      Nitro.

      > SMACKDOWN! RATING
      - Smackdown! did a 3.2 rating for Thursday's show. (Ratings compiled by
      Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

      > WARRIOR SPEAKS OUT ON WWE DVD
      - The Ultimate Warrior has spoken regarding the WWE DVD that is coming
      out in September titled 'The Self Destruction of The Ultimate Warrior'.
      Warrior said that he indeed spoke to Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn on the
      phone about it, after WWE approached him for his participation. It's a
      long, and very interesting read which for once a Warrior commentary
      contains readable English language! Eventually the two parties did not
      agree to terms so Warrior was left out of the project. It's a long read
      but worth taking a look and you can check it out at
      http://www.ultimatewarrior.com/DVDRumorResponse-07.27.05.htm

      > WWE VIDEOS ON BILLBOARD
      - These videos are on Billboard's Top 10 Recreational Sports chart for
      the week ending August 6th. 'ECW One Night Stand' retains the first
      place, followed by 'Road Warriors: Life & Death' in second place,
      'WrestleMania 21' in third and 'Greatest Wrestling Stars of the 80's' in
      fourth. 'Rise & Fall of ECW' is in eighth and 'Judgment Day 2005' wraps
      up the list in the tenth place. These videos and much more can be
      purchased from WrestlingMegastore.com on DVD.

      > LIVE EVENT REPORT FROM BURLINGTON, VT.
      - W-O Newsletter reader James Langlois attended the live WWE Smackdown!
      event in Burlington, VT., and sent in the following results. Psychosis &
      Super Crazy defeated Nunzio & Big Vito; Bobby Lashley defeated William
      Regal; Paul London defeated Juventud; Heidenreich & Road Warrior Animal
      defeated MNM; The Boogie Man defeated Steven Richards; Orlando Jordan
      defeated Chris Benoit, Christian and Booker T; Rey Mysterio defeated
      Eddie Guerrero; Batista defeated JBL. Before the show, William Regal was
      at the local Walmart signing his book from 3PM for two hours.

      > STOCKS
      - At time of this writing stocks are trading at 12.23, a 0.49% decrease
      over Friday's closing. The day's range so far has been 12.12 - 12.31.

      © Copyright 1996-2005 Wrestling-Online.com