    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2005

      Friday July 1st 2005 Issue #2020

      We're back! There's a new version of Wrestling-Online.com up right now.
      Not all sections are updated but hopefully they'll be all up by the
      start of next week. If you're using Netscape, don't bother browsing, it
      just won't work good! So take a look. Suggestions and feedback are
      welcomed as always.

      ECW 'One Night Stand' on DVD! OUT NOW!!
      http://www.wrestlingmegastore.com

      > MORE TRADES
      - The final trades have been made between RAW and Smackdown! and no more
      Superstars will be shifting brands from now on for this year. RAW got
      the services of Mark Jindrak, Rene Dupree, Danny Basham, Kenzo & Hiroko
      Suzuki and Chavo Guerrero. Smackdown! got William Regal, Candice
      Michelle, Slyvain Grenier, Steven Richards and Simon Dean to their
      roster. Previous trades had John Cena, Kurt Angle, Carlito, Big Show and
      Rob Van Dam moving to RAW from Smackdown! and Chris Benoit, Mohammed
      Hassan with Daivari, Randy Orton, Christian and Batista moved to
      Smackdown!

      > ANNOUNCER RELEASED
      - Marc Lloyd has been released from the company, he's the first public
      figure so to speak to be cut from WWE this week. Lloyd hosted Afterburn,
      Byte This and did different work for the International shows. Todd
      Grisham will be taking over Lloyd's responsibilities. More cuts - both
      office and Superstars - are expected in the days to come.

      > ECW PPV ESTIMATES
      - Dave Meltzer of the Observer is reporting that the first estimates of
      the ECW PPV 'One Night Stand' are around 265,000 buys. WWE projected
      that the show will do in between 250 and 300,000 so it's right around
      there. Final figure will be more once all data is received. As a
      comparison, Backlash with Hulk Hogan's return did an estimate of 270,000
      buys. The DVD just released this past Tuesday continues to sell strong
      online which will make the whole ECW pay-per-view a nice profitable
      event for the company.

      > WWE VIDEOS ON BILLBOARD
      - Five WWE videos made it on the Top 10 Recreational Sports chart for
      the week ending July 9th. 'WWE's Greatest Wrestling Stars of the 80's'
      debuts in the first place followed by another debut, 'Road Warriors:
      Life & Death' in second. 'WrestleMania 21' drops to the third place and
      'Rise & Fall of ECW' continues with strong sales in fourth. 'Backlash
      2005' is in sixth place in its third week on the chart. These videos and
      much more can be purchased on DVD from WrestlingMegastore.com.

      > PRINCIPAL LAYS THE SMACKDOWN! ON TEACHER AFTER APPEARING ON WWE TV
      - The New York Daily News is carrying an article on today's online
      edition about a social studies teacher who was fired from his job after
      the principal found out he took sick leave to appear on WWE television.
      Matthew Kaye, who wrestles as Matt Striker, was subject to an
      investigation after the principal at the Benjamin Cardozo High School in
      Queens, found out that he was wrestling Kurt Angle on Smackdown! The
      investigator in charge of the case said he wants Kaye to pay back all
      the money he got while he was supposedly out sick. Kaye said that he
      resigned from his teaching job in April after investigators approached
      him. You can read the article at
      http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/324309p-277190c.html

      > STOCKS
      - Stocks closed the day at 11.63, a 1.84% increase over the previous
      closing. The day's range was 11.28 - 11.66.

      © Copyright 1996-2005 Wrestling-Online.com