    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2005

      Sunday April 24th, 2005 Issue #1984

      It's a pretty slow weekend with nothing much going on. Back later.

      Pre order the 3 disc set of WrestleMania 21 DVD now
      Log on to http://www.wrestlingmegastore.com

      > FIRE ALARM SOUNDS OFF DURING LIVE EVENT
      - During a live WWE event in Edinburgh, Scotland earlier this week, a
      fire alarm sounded off during the Shawn Michaels vs Mohammed Hassan
      match. The match was wrapped up quickly with HBK going over and the
      Superstars rushing to the back. Lilian Garcia on the house mic announced
      that they are investigating what caused the alarm but they decided to
      keep on with the show regardless of the situation. In the main event,
      Triple H came out and to cover up for the incident said that Batista hit
      the fire alarm so he doesn't wrestle The Game!

      > LIVE WWE EVENT REPORT FROM NEWCASTLE, ENGLAND
      - W-O Newsletter readers Matthew Coultas, Michael Mann, Andrew Millman,
      Daniel Kent and Liam Talbot attended the live WWE event in Newcastle,
      England yesterday and sent in these results. William Regal & Tajiri
      defeated La Resistance; Chris Masters defeated The Hurricane; Viscera
      defeated Val Venis; Christy Hemme defeated Victoria; Shelton Benjamin
      defeated Christian; Chris Jericho defeated Tyson Tomko; Kane defeated
      Mohammed Hassan; Edge defeated Chris Benoit; Batista & Shawn Michaels
      defeated Triple H & Ric Flair. After the show was over, Jericho, Val
      Venis and Lilian Garcia all signed autographs and chatted with the fans.

      > RAW, SMACKDOWN! TAPINGS FROM BIRMINGHAM
      - Tomorrow night and on Tuesday WWE will hold their third RAW and
      Smackdown! tapings outside North America. The first tapings were in
      England, the second in Japan and now they're returning to England in
      Birmingham at the NEC Arena. RAW will air on tape delay in the US at its
      usual time just like last year. WWE Superstars will return to the US in
      mid week where they will enjoy the rest of the week off after a busy
      European tour.

      > FINANCIAL TIMES LOOKS AT WWE
      - The Financial Times ran a story yesterday about the WWE business
      expanding overseas. The story noted that live events outside the United
      States increased from just three in 2002 to 31 last year. And revenues
      from foreign events increased from 9% to 17%. Television rights overseas
      are very expensive while tickets and other merchandise sold at live
      events cost more than they usually do for the same kind of live event in
      USA. The story also covers that WWE edits their shows when it comes to
      portraying half naked women for their TV broadcasts in the Middle East.
      "We have a lot of Mideast fans who don't necessarily enjoy our
      government," said Vince McMahon, Chairman of WWE. "But they love our
      show." You can check out the entire story at
      http://news.ft.com/cms/s/1ca2e8ca-b395-11d9-ad2b-00000e2511c8.html

      © Copyright 1996-2005 Wrestling-Online.com