    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2005

      Thursday, March 31st 2005 Issue #1971

      Hey hey. Just three days away from Mania! Dammit it will be weird
      watching from home on TV at 2 in the morning instead of being live. The
      streak stopped after three consecutive WrestleMania's. Oh well.

      Back later.

      Order the 2 disc DVD of Rob Van Dam 'One Of A Kind'
      Buy it now from http://www.wrestling-megastore.com

      > RATINGS
      - RAW did a 4.0 rating with a 5.9 share for Monday's show, which is a
      notch up from last week's show. It had hours of 3.8 and 4.1. In weekend
      ratings, Velocity did a 0.7 with a 1.4 share, Experience did a 0.7 with
      a 1.0 share and Heat did a 0.7 with a 1.2 share. (Ratings compiled by
      Nielsen Media Research and put online by PWInsider.com)

      > FLAIR TAKES JERICHO'S PLACE AT HOF
      - There's yet another change in the Hall Of Fame ceremony for this
      Saturday and once again it's about who will induct Rowdy Roddy Piper.
      First it was announced that Austin will do it, then he was changed for
      Chris Jericho with no explanation given. Now it seems that Jericho was
      given the boot and is being replaced by the Nature Boy Ric Flair.

      > HOGAN REALITY SHOW ON VH1
      - VH1 will be doing a reality show based around Hulk Hogan titled 'Hogan
      Knows Best' and will be debuting this Summer. W-O Newsletter reader Rev
      sent in word that USAToday.com had a small preview about what the show
      will be. "The show casts retired wrestler Hulk Hogan as a traditional
      suburban dad to two teenagers on a 20,000-square-foot estate in
      Clearwater, FL.," the preview says. Programming chief Brian Graden said
      he was hooked-up by Hogan's protective side when it came to his daughter
      once. He said that on her first date, he planted a GPS tracking device
      in her car so he could follow every move.

      > SMACKDOWN! PREVIEW
      - It's the final stop before WrestleMania! These matches have been taped
      for tonight's Smackdown! on UPN. A Cruiserweight battle royal featuring
      Chavo Guerrero, Kidman, Spike Dudley, Funaki, Scotty 2 Hotty, Nunzio,
      Akio and Paul London; Booker T vs Luther Reigns; Eddie Guerrero vs Danny
      Basham; John Cena vs Carlito; Doug Basham vs Rey Mysterio; Akebono vs
      Eddie Vegas. Plus the weigh-in between Big Show and Akebono.

      > WWE VIDEOS ON BILLBOARD
      - The following videos are on Billboard's Top 10 Recreational Sports
      chart for the week ending April 9th. 'Royal Rumble 2004' is in second
      place, RVD's 'One Of A Kind' in sixth and 'Rise & Fall Of ECW' in the
      seventh place in its eighteenth week on the chart. These videos and more
      can be purchased on DVD from WrestlingMegastore.com

      > STOCKS
      - Stocks closed the day at 11.68, a 3.31% decrease over yesterday's
      closing. The day's range was 11.65 - 12.10.

      //->> RAW TAWK
      Ginger -[GLRSS@...]-

      Well, hello there, Faithful RAW Tawk Readers!

      Only a couple more weeks of tax season. . .maybe my writing schedule
      will get a little more regular in the near future! For now, though, I
      have several weeks' worth of RAW *and* SmackDown thoughts to share with
      you. Let's get started, shall we?

      If I may Tawk a little Smack for a moment. . .

      PLEASE tell me that I'm not the only one who thought John Cena had taken
      a heel turn a couple of weeks ago when he administered a resounding
      "F-U" to his boss, Theodore Long! Apparently, that was not the case.
      What I don't understand, though, is why ole' Teddy has not only NOT
      punished Cena for his momentary lapse of good judgment, but he actually
      appears to be on Cena's side and *defending* him in his various dealings
      with John B. Layfield. Curiouser. . .

      Even though I wasn't watching wrestling during the heyday of The
      Rockers, and even though I'm not a huge HBK fan, it was very cool to see
      Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty in a "one time only" Rockers Reunion
      on RAW a few weeks ago. And Marty looked GOOD! Well, with the
      exception of all that FRINGE! Thank goodness, it appears the retro gear
      was also "one time only!" He looked much more acceptable during his
      SmackDown match against Kurt Angle. Oh. And he wrestled pretty well,
      too. . .

      I've noticed lately that Luther Reigns does not look like a happy man.
      I think he needs a hug. Not from ME, of course. . .

      Heidenreich doesn't impress me much in the ring but, on the mic - as a
      ringside announcer. . .I think the large man has finally found his
      calling! Gordon Solie who?!?

      Congratulations to Booker T on his recent nuptials and all but, really,
      what was the point of having Sharmell SOOOOOOOOO visibly in the audience
      if one of Booker's enemies didn't kidnap her or something?

      A lot of the things written about wrestling on the Internet are
      negative. I have a couple of *positive* things to say about SmackDown:

      1) Turning Big Show face was a brilliant move. I believe I've
      mentioned before that I think Paul Wight's biggest asset is his sense of
      humor. He's able to showcase that when he's a good guy, so I say KEEP
      HIM GOOD!

      2) I just realized as I was watching SmackDown last week how seamlessly
      "Bradshaw" transitioned into "JBL." Now, I don't consider myself a fan
      of either incarnation of John Layfield. Therefore, I think that says
      even more about the talent of the man. He went from an APA tough guy to
      a buttoned-down snob. . .same man, two distinctly different looks and
      personalities. Impressive!

      Okay. Enough of that crap!

      I just went and voted for my favorite WrestleMania XXI Movie Trailers at
      http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania21/trailers_vote1.jsp. Since I
      know you all are just DYING to know how I voted, let me tell you! (I
      think you'll be surprised at my choices):

      1. Favorite Male Performance: JBL
      2. Favorite Female Performance: Stacy Keibler
      3. Best On Screen Tag Team: John Cena and JBL
      4. Best Punch Line: Linda McMahon
      5. Favorite Trailer: "Basic Instinct"
      6. NC-17 Award: "Michael Cole Gets Tough"
      7. "You Talking to Me" Award: Batista
      8. Best Hair: Booker T
      9. Most Promising Movie Star: Stacy Keibler

      Now, go vote yourselves before it's too late!

      Kurt Angle sure has all of HBK's moves down. Sadly, Kurt doesn't really
      look sexy when he does them. He just looks. . .well. . .uh. . .NOT
      sexy. . . That said, I'm still walking around singing, "I'm Sexy Kurt!
      I'll Make Your Ankle Hurt!"

      If Undertaker had to make a sacrifice, why Rene Dupree? Why couldn't it
      have been Hardcore Holly? Oh Well. It could have been worse. At least
      it wasn't Fifi. . .

      Is it just me, or did Carlito look HOT in his Elvis gear last week?

      And, after his food service segment on SmackDown a couple of weeks ago,
      C.C.C. now stands for "Carlito Caribbean Concession." Or maybe "Carlito
      Caribbean Catsup!" Anyway, apples or hot dogs, as long as Carlito is
      spitting food on people, that's cool. . .

      And, speaking of sustenance. . .

      I hope this doesn't put anyone off fast food (goodness knows, we
      Americans aren't eating NEARLY enough of it. . .myself included!), but
      doesn't the "M" over Maven's gonads on his trunks kind of resemble those
      famous golden arches of McDonald's? Now, every time I see Maven, I
      crave a Big Mac. . .which is kind of scary, sad and gross, all at the
      same time. . .

      Before I move on to last Monday's RAW, how about a few notes regarding
      the RAW before last. . .

      - King was right. Triple H looked very cool, calm and collected as he
      discussed the demise of Evolution with the crowd. He looked really
      comfortable in his steel folding chair, even tipping it back on two legs
      a time or two. Yup, he was real smooth and captivating. . .but wouldn't
      it have been funny if he'd tipped over backward on live television? Not
      only would it have been entertaining, but what a lesson for the kiddies
      watching! I can't speak for everyone, but I know my Mom was always
      warning me that if I kept tipping my chair back, I'd eventually fall
      over and crack my head open!

      - Jericho's looking very tan. . . And, were those new tights he was
      wearing?

      - Looks like Edge got some new tights, too. They're quite attractive. .
      .and they look really good with that big, red "A" on his chest. . .

      Okay. I don't consider myself a fair-weather EdgeHead. And, besides,
      who am I to judge when I don't know all the details and circumstances of
      the Edge/Lita/Matt story? I'm still a fan of Edge. . .I'm just
      disappointed in him.

      - Note to Jerry Lawler: Nell Carter is still dead. . .

      - I wonder if the person who had that "Shelton Sucks" sign at RAW a few
      weeks ago saw his match a couple of Monday's ago? Sure, he may have
      been pinned to lose the match for himself and Jericho, but he was the
      STAR of that match, as far as I'm concerned.

      - I don't think Randy Orton is really a heel. . .I think he has a split
      personality. . .

      - I'm sure he didn't mean to be funny, but when Benoit missed the diving
      headbutt on Tyson Tomko, he looked like a bug who'd been sprayed with
      RAID! His green tights only intensified the effect! Over a week later,
      I'm *STILL* laughing!

      - Shawn Michaels looks really nice in a suit and tie. That said, why
      would anyone wear a suit and tie if they didn't HAVE to?

      - Per Triple H, Batista's opponent was hand-picked by him and the
      lumberjacks were also hand-picked by him. Then, he posed the question,
      "Do you know what happens when they are hand-picked by me?" Your Auntie
      Ginger will venture a guess. . . You wipe them under your chair?

      - Triple H went on to say he would "Put the Animal down," and that he'd
      beat him "Like a bag of puppies." I have two things to say about that.
      . .

      1) Paul Levesque, can you spell P.E.T.A.?

      -and-

      2) I cannot BELIEVE The King didn't comment on someone beating a bag of
      Puppies!

      And now, in (sort of) breaking RAW news. . .

      RAW may be Jericho, but that beard is NOT!

      Set dressing be damned. . .that ladder in the middle of the ring during
      the Highlight Reel put the Jeritron 5000 in dire peril. Given time and
      care, flesh and bone will usually heal. Cutting edge electronics,
      however, are obscenely expensive to replace!

      Boy, that six-man tag match that immediately followed the Highlight Reel
      was sure an unexpected treat! (Cough, cough) But, how come Kane wasn't
      involved?

      Oh. nevermind. . .

      Trish Stratus may be a "bad girl," but at least she knows how choose the
      appropriate attire for an arm wrestling match. Christy! A strapless
      mini dress? Puh-LEASE!

      Randy Orton doesn't see a headstone in his future. Lucky for him,
      Undertaker will be cremating him at WrestleMania!

      ((Note to Members of the Randy Orton Fan Club: I'm just kidding!!! No
      death threats, please!))

      I've finally figured out why the fans hate Daivari. . .he doesn't pause
      long enough in his rants for them to shout "What" at him!

      From the "You Learn Something New Every Day" Department: Apparently,
      the more times you stomp your foot before performing Sweet Chin Music on
      your opponent, the more devastating the move is. Not only that, but if
      you stomp more than a couple of times, the crowd begins to count. So,
      it's kind of a bonding thing. And educational for the kiddies, as
      well!

      As Triple H droned on. . .and on. . .and on. . .at Batista about how
      he'd been nothing until he was "discovered" by The Game, I fully
      expected him to burst into his own rendition of the Janet Jackson hit,
      "What Have You Done For Me, Lately?"

      Over all, I'd have to say that RAW was a pretty darn good advertisement
      for WrestleMania XXI. . .as I'm sure SmackDown will be, as well. I hope
      the PPV itself lives up to the hype. And I hope any of you who are
      paying for the privilege of watching will find it worth your money!
      Until the big day arrives, feel free to check out "Jeff and Ginger's
      (Sort of) WrestleMania XXI Predictions" right here:
      http://www.geocities.com/gingerscolumn/PPV/WrestleMania/2005.html

      With that, Carlito has left the building! Take care and see ya next
      time!

      © Copyright 1996-2005 Wrestling-Online.com