    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2005

      | (_) | .` | |__ | || .` | _| Monday, February 28th 2005

      If you're going to RAW tonight please drop us some notes from the show.
      Thanks.

      Order the 2 disc DVD set of Rob Van Dam 'One Of A Kind'
      Buy it now from http://www.wrestling-megastore.com

      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news

      > WRESTLEMANIA TICKETS ON SALE
      - Several WrestleMania 21 tickets have been released on Ticketmaster.com
      this past weekend, including those expensive $750 ringside seats where
      you get to take the commomerative chair with you back home. There's a
      convenience charge of $9.25 for every ticket purchased. You can purchase
      tickets while they are still available at
      http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/09003931BC455EB3?artistid=807358&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=27

      > CENA'S US TITLE BELT REPLICA AVAILABLE
      - John Cena's replica US title with the spinning center plate is now
      shipping. The cool-looking title made its debut at Armageddon last year.
      The replica belt contains over 200 faux red white and blue diamonds over
      the entire belt, has the exact thickness of the original one, measures
      52 inches long and weighs over 5 pounds. The spinning center plate
      measures 7.5" inches tall. You can get it from WrestlingMegastore.com
      starting at $299.

      > RAW PREVIEW
      - Only two matches have been announced for tonight's RAW. A street fight
      between Shawn Michaels and Edge and Chris Benoit taking on Muhammad
      Hassan. With no pay-per-views left until WrestleMania, the card from the
      RAW roster will start to shape up with feuds leading up to the big
      event.

      > STOCKS
      - Stocks are trading at 12.70 at time of this writing, a 2.58% increase
      over the previous closing. The day range so far has been 12.22 - 12.74.

      >> BELLE OF THE BRAWL
      By Lekisha Oliver, [lekisha_oliver@...]

      Just shy of six feet tall, USA Championship Wrestling Heavyweight
      Champion and TNA Superstar Cassidy Riley gives off an air of
      experience. Having been in the wrestling business since 1995, Riley has
      faced some of the top contenders from Total Nonstop Action, as well as
      WWE Developmental. With opponents like Kid Kash to his former tag team
      partner, “The Natural” Chase Stevens, to Joey Matthews, Cassidy has
      faced them all and continues to be on top. Recently rejoining Total
      Nonstop Action, Riley has been turning heads with his matches on TNA’s
      flagship show, Impact!. Now with Dustin Rhodes as a close ally, Riley
      will have a backup plan for the future. Cassidy recently sat wi! th me
      for an online interview. In the interview, he discusses his stint with
      the now defunct World Championship Wrestling, his personal agenda for
      the future and more. Without further ado, the Belle of the Brawl
      presents Cassidy Riley, and then visit his online home at
      http://cassidyriley.com

      Lekisha Oliver (LO): First off, I wanted to say thank you for taking
      time to do this interview.

      Cassidy Riley: No problem, thanks for asking me.

      (LO): It's my pleasure. Let's start with background information. How did
      you get started in wrestling?

      Cassidy Riley: Like everyone else, I always loved it growing up and I
      knew from an early age it was what I wanted to do. My earliest memories
      was a PWI magazine and I saw a picture of Abdullah the Butcher with a
      fork in his head, and I thought, "This is the coolest thing I have ever
      seen"

      (LO): Definitely something to catch your attention

      Cassidy Riley: yea a 400 lb. black man with a fork in his head is
      something a six year old kid doesn't forget. I PROMISE

      (LO): So you were six when the wrestling bug bit you. What did your
      parents say when the words, "I want to be a wrestler" came out?

      Cassidy Riley: My mom has always been supportive. I remember one year
      her and my aunt made me some wrestling tights for Christmas, when I was
      probably eight, there is still a picture from that morning at my house
      somewhere me dressed up like the rock and roll express, bandanas and
      all. That was one of the best Christmas presents I received, better
      than all the bikes and toys.

      (LO): That is a very nice memory. It's wonderful that you have had
      parents to support you when a lot of wrestlers have had static from the
      parents or the family if they even mentioned the idea.

      Cassidy Riley: Yea my mom is one of biggest fans. She has been from
      day one.

      (LO): They did not have any preconditions about school or anything of
      that nature

      Cassidy Riley: No they always let me make my own decisions, it was my
      life and they supported me no matter if I was right or wrong. It was
      kind of live and learn, and when things didn't go well, they were there
      then too. They knew I believe that it was something I was VERY
      passionate about and they were glad to see me chase my dreams

      (LO): That's great. For the fans that have not gotten to see you
      wrestle, explain your character and your character's background.

      Cassidy Riley: Right now, I am Dustin Rhodes "lil buddy" is kind of the
      best way to explain it. I can wrestle X-Division style, or I can go
      with the heavyweights, I feel that is truly no limits for me. Some guys
      deal better with the X-Division style, some guys can't do that at
      all. I feel that I can wrestle in any situation, even tag team.

      (LO): Good lead in with the tag team.

      Cassidy Riley: Yea, this isn't my first one. Lol.

      (LO): When I first heard about you, you were tagging with another TNA
      Superstar, Chase Stevens. Tell me how the "Hot Shots" were
      born.

      Cassidy Riley: Well, I had gotten a call from Bert Prentice in Nashville
      on day while I was at home in Louisiana, and he asked if I would
      be interested in reforming the "Hot Shots", original team was me and Air
      Paris before he signed to WCW with AJ STYLES as AIR Raid, and he really
      put Chase over to me. So I drove up to Nashville the next weekend to
      meet Chase and give Bert my answer, and after I saw him work. I really
      thought it could be great

      (LO): It really was; legends to a lot of fans in Nashville

      Cassidy Riley: Yeah, we were really "over" and had some great times and
      he became a good friend to me.

      (LO): You said that you drove up from Louisiana, did you finally move
      your life up to Nashville or are you a driving warrior?

      Cassidy Riley: Well for six years I was a driving idiot is more like
      it. But yeah I am now residing in Nashville. I love it here. The city
      is beautiful, and the wrestling history here is tremendous.

      (LO): Six years! WOW! I hate to see the mileage on that vehicle. Your
      wife had to be extremely supportive of that kind of away time.

      Cassidy Riley: Yeah, it was some long trips. She is WONDERFUL! I have
      been here since September and she is still in Louisiana, but only for
      another couple of weeks, I couldn't explain how hard that has been for
      me, and her as well, but she is strong and so is our love for each
      other. Not to mention I tried to warn her before we got married what
      she was getting in to, that it is a life like no other.

      (LO): Tell me about it. I know exactly what she is going through. It
      takes an amazing woman to marry a wrestler. You are a very lucky man.

      Cassidy Riley: I was with WCW when we first started dating and was on
      the road a lot. Then after that, I was home a lot and she kind of got
      use to me being there. So it has been hard, but I believe it is worth
      it.

      (LO): Love always is.

      Cassidy Riley: yea I am just glad she supports me. I know a ton of guys
      in the business their wife or girlfriend can't stand it; they are
      jealous of the attention the guys get.

      (LO): You started wrestling in 1995, who trained you?

      Cassidy Riley: I trained with a guy named Lolly Dude. He worked over in
      Dallas. He was running a promotion and was bringing in guys like Terry
      Taylor and Tommy Rogers, so I got train with them when they were in.

      (LO): How long did you train before you got your first match?

      Cassidy Riley: Probably about eight months or so.

      (LO): In those months that followed, how long was it before the call
      from WCW came?

      Cassidy Riley: Wow, probably five years. I spent a long time working the
      South: Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, then Nashville, and that is where
      I was when the WCW deal came from. Bert Prentice had a developmental
      deal with WCW and they would send guys down to wrestle in the Nashville
      territory and in exchange some of the guys from Nashville would come up
      to work for WCW.

      (LO): How long did you work for WCW?

      Cassidy Riley: About the last year and a half that they were open. It
      was great. The money, the travel, the boys, I loved it. I miss those
      days.

      (LO): You wrestled there for the last year and a half; you probably saw
      a lot of the politics that "killed" the company.

      Cassidy Riley: Yeah. That’s all I have to say about that.

      (LO): All right, we'll move past that one. It's okay.

      Cassidy Riley: Thanks.

      (LO): No problem. We'll look at the brighter side of WCW, what were some
      of your best memories and best matches of that time?

      Cassidy Riley: I was mainly enhancement talent. I did a good bet of
      stuff with Scott Steiner and Goldberg. We were the R&B security so
      everyone kicked our ass on NITRO and THUNDER, then we would wrestle on
      the WORLDWIDE (Saturday show).

      (LO): I know that Chris Harris did the same thing, with doing security
      and wrestling on Worldwide. Was that how you two met or was it Nashville
      based?

      Cassidy Riley: Yeah, we actually tagged together there for a while. He
      is a great guy and one of my good friends.

      (LO): A few years back, the Nashville crowd saw your disappearance from
      the screen. At that point, was it personal or an injury that kept you
      from wrestling?

      Cassidy Riley: It was personal. I was getting married and wanted to
      just take a break for a while after WCW.

      (LO): When you reappeared, the Hot Shots were no longer a tag team and
      your former partner, Chase Stevens, had teamed up with Andy Douglas to
      form the Naturals. Did you see this as an opportunity for more singles
      action?

      Cassidy Riley: Yeah. TNA had stopped using us and I was in Louisiana,
      so it worked out that Chase and Andy started working together and really
      started to get over and TNA picked them up so, it was good for them.
      Yeah, I wasn't sure at that time what I wanted to do. I just missed
      being in the ring and the fact that I was in Louisiana and not
      Nashville. It didn't help me. I had spoken to people in the office and
      discussed what would be best for me to do next and that is how I ended
      up back in Nashville, because there is just more work here than in the
      deep south.

      (LO): I know that for a fact. Since moving back up to Nashville, you
      have had the USA Heavyweight Title. Explain how that came to being.

      Cassidy Riley: Well, the title was vacant for a while and we decided to
      hold a Thunder Dome cage match Thanksgiving night, with myself and five
      other people and thank heavens I came out on top. Beat to hell and
      back, but with the USA heavyweight belt, and I still am the champ today.

      (LO): That's great! With a company as large as USA, Bert Prentice seems
      to have a lot to do with the community. Have any of the projects along
      the way been a personal favorite? Or anything that really reached out
      and grabbed your heart?

      Cassidy Riley: Yeah, we do a show called Christmas for Kids that is a
      totally free show. Every child leaves with a gift and to do something
      like that, it touches my soul to help underprivileged kids.

      (LO): Let's head into TNA. You have been there a few months now. For the
      people that do not know, you have been working alongside Dustin Rhodes,
      as well as other TNA stars.

      Cassidy Riley: Yea, I have been doing some stuff with Dustin as well as
      singles action.

      (LO): What do you see for the future?

      Cassidy Riley: hopefully staying in a nationally televised wrestling
      company, with a good spot with the company and moving up in the world of
      pro wrestling with a growing fan base. Maybe even a title run as soon as
      summer.

      (LO): Any question or topic that you can think of that we didn't hit,
      that you would like to talk about?

      Cassidy Riley: No, but I would just like to say thanks to you and all
      the fans who support me and I hope that they will continue to do so.
      Check out the web site http://cassidyriley.com Stop by and leave a
      message on the board, check out TNA Fridays at 4 o'clock on Fox Sports,
      and God Bless to everyone

      (LO): Thank you for the time you have given this afternoon.

      Advertising Info - http://www.wrestling-online.com/advertising
      Contact Editor - Editor@...

      © Copyright 1996-2005 Wrestling-Online.com