    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2005

      | (_) | .` | |__ | || .` | _| Saturday, February 26th 2005

      Not much going on this weekend. Have a good one.

      Back later.

      Order the 2 disc DVD set of Rob Van Dam 'One Of A Kind'
      Buy it now from http://www.wrestling-megastore.com

      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news

      > WWE SIGNS WITH TVN FOR WWE 24/7
      - WWE has appointed TVN Entertainment Corporation as one of its largest
      partners in the WWE 24/7 video-on-demand project which is already
      running in some places. The agreement covers VOD services and
      distribution for WWE's new subscription on demand service. The new SVOD
      offering will feature highly-rated Pay-Per-View, cable and syndicated
      broadcast content, best-selling home videos, new original productions
      and proprietary broadband, from the WWE and other acquired national and
      regional wrestling brands. As a TVN Preferred Partner, WWE 24/7 may
      utilize TVNow, the only industry-wide rapid VOD encode/transport service
      - which allows content owners to capture live programs/events and make
      them available "on demand" to customers within hours of the original
      broadcast.

      > WRESTLEMANIA COMMERCIALS LIST TOP MATCHES
      - Commercials for WrestleMania airing nationwide are listing the top
      four matches on the show. These are Triple H vs Batista for the World
      Heavyweight Title; John Cena vs John 'Bradshaw' Layfield for the WWE
      Heavyweight Title; Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle in their first ever
      match; and The Undertaker vs Randy Orton. Also plugged in the commercial
      a special appearance by 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin. This will be Austin's
      9th appearance at a WrestleMania since 1996. He only missed one since he
      started with the company - WrestleMania 2000.

      > OFFICE 'MISTAKE' ON ROCK'S CONTRACT
      - It just happened to be that The Rock didn't know that his contract
      expired and was free from all WWE obligations. And Rock admitted he was
      surprised that WWE didn't contact him for a renewal or some sort of an
      agreement. "It kind of ended abruptly. It ended without me even knowing;
      nobody contacted nobody. It was one of those weird things," Rock said
      recently at an interview on MTV.COM. MTV contacted Gary Davis, Vice
      President of Corporate Communications at WWE, to check about The Rock's
      contract status. Davis called the screw-up an an administrative
      oversight. "Everybody here feels bad about it. The Rock is doing
      phenomenally well with his movie career and is going to keep that
      momentum going," he said. Davis added that WWE Chairman Vince McMahon
      hopes to meet with The Rock soon to discuss future opportunities.

      > SMACKDOWN! RATING
      - Smackdown! did a 3.4 rating with a 5.0 share for Thursday's show.
      (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online by
      PWInsider.com)

      Advertising Info - http://www.wrestling-online.com/advertising
      Contact Editor - Editor@...

      © Copyright 1996-2005 Wrestling-Online.com