    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2004
      Backyard Wrestling 2! Available NOW in stores http://www.bywgame.com

      | (_) | .` | |__ | || .` | _| Tuesday November 30th 2004

      The most violent, ruthless, weapon filled game in the world!
      Backyard Wrestling 2 - Available NOW - HTTP://WWW.BYWGAME.COM

      By Colin Vassallo, [Editor@...]

      With Edge's book out of the way I started reading Flair's bio. Still at
      page 41, this has been more interesting so far than Edge's 254 pages.
      Sorry Adam, but your bio reeked of sucktitude. And that's using your
      vocaublary right there. Take my advice, stick to wrestling and don't
      plan any more biographies for now.

      Anyway, not much news today. Chris Bernes has an open letter to WWE
      Chairman Vince McMahon which appears in today's issue.

      Execution...ended two wrestling careers! Did you know one was a
      woman? Did you know 5 different wrestlers have gone by the same
      stage name? Who was know as a Professional Dwarf Tosser? Think
      ypu have it all on pro wrestling? How about back to 1880? If you
      NEED more or want a great gift, check out http://www.bigbelt.net

      - The popular 'Rise & Fall of ECW' will be airing on pay-per-view on iN
      Demand as part of the monthly WWE Fanatic Series. The two hour
      documentary style show will start airing on January 1st for the whole
      month. It will be edited from the DVD version as the DVD was rated for
      mature audiences as it contains strong language but this one which will
      air on PPV will be TV-14. Currently the '$250,000 Raw Diva Search' is
      airing as the Fanatic Series on PPV.

      - WWE.COM has an interview with the final four of Tough Enough - Justice
      Smith, Mike Mizanin, Daniel Puder and Ryan Reeves. The four talk about
      their experience so far as TE competitors, their least and most favorite
      moments so far winning the competition and more. Check it out at

      - W-O Newsletter reader Ann Nettles attended the live Smackdown! brand
      event in Charleston, SC., on Sunday and sent in these results. Big Show
      defeated Luther Reigns & Mark Jindrak; Spike Dudley defeated Billy
      Kidman, Chavo Guerrero and Shannon Moore; Basham Brothers defeated
      Nunzio & Paul London; Jesus defeated Hardcore Holly; Undertaker defeated
      Heidenreich; Kenzo Suzuki & Renee Dupree defeated RVD & Rey Mysterio;
      Miss Jackie defeated Dawn Marie; Eddie Guerrero & Booker T defeated JBL
      & Orlando Jordan. After the main event, JBL, Eddie, Booker and Taker got
      in the ring for some more action which ended with the faces holding up
      the WWE title for a pop from the crowd.

      > STOCKS
      - Stocks closed the day at 12.00, a 0.50% decrease over the previous
      closing. The day's range was 11.85 - 12.09.

      - Only one WWE video made it to the Billboard Top 10 Recreational Sports
      chart for the week ending December 4th. 'No Mercy 2004' is in the fourth
      place. You can buy the DVD at WrestlingMegastore.com

      By Chris Bernes [thelegacyoftruth@...]

      An open letter to Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

      Dear Mr. McMahon,

      I hope this letter finds you in good spirits after the joyous
      Thanksgiving holiday. I am sure you and yours are very thankful for all
      blessings, including but not limited to: recent additions to your
      family, your business, and your health.

      I want to make you aware of a section of our population that may not be
      as thankful of your company and the entertainment it offers who happen
      to watch your Monday night offering, RAW: the Arabic community and the
      families of the victims of the horrific events of September 11, 2001.

      I was skeptical, to say the least, when I saw the first vignettes
      featuring newcomer Mohammed Hassan as to what the general public's
      reaction-as well as my own reaction- would be to the character and it's
      portrayal. It has taken me a few weeks to digest, but I believe I
      have found the answer that many of us Joe Regular's are feeling:

      Are you insane??

      Do you truly believe that by bringing to light the plight the Arabic
      community has had to face is a way to make it better? Do you honestly
      think that making a heel character out of Mr. Hassan is a way for the
      Arabic community to rise up and say "We're mad as hell, and we are not
      going to take it anymore"? All you are doing is potentially upsetting a
      section of our population who already know how tough it has been on them
      as Arab-Americans since the tragedy. Yes, they have been unfairly
      victimized by the fact that a) they unfortunately share a common
      ancestral background with the mindless cowards who perpetrated the
      attack, and b) by the unfair treatment that some of the smaller-minded
      segment of the American people have chosen to give the Arab-American
      community. I am sure that they are fully aware that life has indeed been
      hard for them since the aforementioned tragedy.

      Speaking of tragedy, did you put any forethought into the message you
      are sending to the families of the victims of that awful attack? By
      turning an Arab-American into a "victim of American Injustice" who is
      out to right the wrongs done to their people is akin to spitting in the
      face of those who lost dads, mothers, brothers, sisters, children, or
      any other loved one who perished on the infamous day. Do you think that
      Joe Schmoe from Kokomo, who may have lost a loved one in the four
      attacks, is going to boo the heel Mohammed Hassan? I think that he may
      be offended by the character, not the man, and the person responsible
      for bringing him to the public: Vince McMahon and the Creative(?) Team
      at World Wrestling Entertainment. For what it's worth, my opinion is
      that you stand to lose more fans than you stand to gain by continuing to
      push this "superstar". But, when you are the! only BIG game in town, I
      guess you can afford to lose a few butts in the seats.

      I have long been a staunch supporter of you, your company, and your
      product, whether in my semi-weekly opinion column or out in the world at
      large. It was a heartwarming feeling as a vet to see the tribute after
      9-11 by you and your roster, as well as last year's Christmas in Iraq.
      I was moved by the kindness and generosity shown by a company that is
      often maligned in the general public's eye. And, until recently, I was
      looking forward to this year's Christmas special for the troops.

      But I am afraid that excitement has turned to disgust over the promoting
      of Mohammed Hassan.

      I realize you are a busy man, and you may or may not care what the
      little guy has to say in this matter. But I felt that I - as an
      American, a veteran, a taxpayer, and as a citizen - should bring to
      light the concerns that one patron of your company has. As much as I'd
      love to be able to discuss this matter with you personally, I know that
      (because you are a busy man) I will not get that opportunity.

      I also fear that the reason I will not get to voice my displeasure in
      any other way but this letter to you is because in some way, you may
      not actually care what the "little guy" - your fans - have to say.

      I'd love to be proven wrong... however, your show must go on.

      Thank you for your time,

      Chris Bernes: American Citizen, Veteran, and WWE Fan,
      Jewett City, CT, USA