    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2004

      | (_) | .` | |__ | || .` | _| Sunday August 1st 2004

      Hey hey hey. Ok I know I've been kinda 'lazy' with the newsletters
      lately, but it's not about laziness. I have a part time business that is
      taking most of my time so that's why it's not daily anymore. So there,
      the reason for ya.

      I'm off to bed. Later.

      Order the Ric Flair book 'To Be The Man' for just $17.99
      from http://www.wrestlingmegastore.com - Now Shipping

      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news

      > SMACKDOWN! RATINGS
      - Smackdown! received a 3.1 rating with a 5.0 share for Thursday's show,
      down 0.1 from last week. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and
      put online by PWInsider.com)

      > THREE SUMMERSLAM MATCHES TRIED OUT AT LIVE EVENT
      - The road to SummerSlam continues as the RAW brand headed to New Mexico
      for a live event on Friday. Three matches from SummerSlam were done for
      the first time in front of public, Benoit vs Orton; Eugene vs Triple H;
      Jericho vs Edge vs Batista. These are the top three matches from the RAW
      side for the pay-per-view and all three reportedly went well.
      Non-televised live events help wrestlers try some stuff without having
      cameras, which means more freedom to perform.

      > TICKETS ON SALE
      - The following tickets went on sale yesterday morning. Live event at
      the Centennial Garden in Bakersfield, CA., on Sunday August 22nd; Live
      event in Stockton, CA., on Tuesday August 24th at the Alex G. Spanos
      Center; RAW live on Monday August 30th at the Cow Palace in San
      Francisco, CA. For more ticket information call the arena box office.

      > UK RAW, SMACKDOWN SELLING SLOWLY
      - Tickets for the UK RAW and Smackdown! in October are surprisingly
      selling slowly, with only the top priced tickets for RAW being sold out.
      Usually WWE events in the UK have a quick sell out but this time around
      has been different despite the company doing their first RAW and
      Smackdown! tapings. Top priced tickets for these shows are selling
      around $100 each, which is more than twice the amount of money you pay
      for a ringside seat in the US for live TV taping.

      > NFL INTERVIEWS BROCK LESNAR
      - Earlier this week NFL.COM posted an interview with Brock Lesnar who
      just signed with the Minnesota Vikings - his first team preference for
      his NFL debut. It's quite an interesting read, with the host telling
      Lesnar that when training camp starts he doesn't need to tell him
      that...'here comes the pain,' obviously pointing out the tough training
      NFL players go through to remain in tip-top condition. You can read it
      at http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/7535114 . Oh, and speaking of
      training camp, the former champ showed up for the first day of training
      with his girlfriend Sable!

      >> RAW TAWK
      By Ginger, [glrss@...]

      Um, will whoever's in charge of the thermostat please crank up the A/C?
      It's freakin' HOT where I am. I hope it's cooler and more
      comfortable where you are. And, if it is, will you point that fan my
      way? To think, summer used to be my favorite time of year. . .

      So, I was watching Heat last Sunday night (nice segue, huh?) and I saw a
      lady in the audience with one of those white, dry erase
      boards. What an awesome idea! It would be so cool, being able to
      change your sign to fit the Superstars currently in action. . .but this
      chica disappointed me by wasting her time flirting with Val Venis
      instead of Stevie Richards!

      I'm not a huge fan of Chuck Palumbo's new look, but I *do* like those
      red, Converse high-tops. I've always wanted a pair of those,
      myself!

      Al Snow claimed that "Maven has no hair. . .unless you comb his eyebrows
      up!" While that may be hilariously funny, Al must have
      written that joke before Maven began grooming his eyebrows!

      It was great to see Jazz again - and looking like herself again, instead
      of a cookie-cutter Diva. I'd heard a rumor that Jazz had been
      fired. . .I'm glad it wasn't true!

      Nice use of grommets by Victoria. I wonder where she found a pink and
      white tent to make her outfit from?

      Al said that all the hot women from coast to coast run away from him.
      How 'bout a little advice from your Auntie Ginger,
      Alsie-Walsie? Lower your standards! For instance, I may not be a hot,
      young chick, but I'd *definitely* never run from you! ;)

      Funny. I could have sworn that J.R. told us last week that the Chris
      Benoit/Triple H Sixty-Minute Iron Man Match on RAW would begin
      precisely at 9:00 p.m. Instead, the first match of the night was a
      Battle Royal. Not that I'm complaining. . .I'm just sayin'. . .

      Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. Coach didn't waste any time. .
      .well, not MUCH time, anyway. . .eliminating the first
      Would-Be-Diva from the final ten contestants. I must say, I was truly
      surprised when the first girl cut was one of the twins. I thought
      Julia and Chandra would go far, based on the perv factor alone.
      Personally, I'd like to see Amy take the walk of shame. Something
      about her just bugs me.

      Now, back to that Battle Royal. . . First of all, YAY! The Mack is
      Back! Why I'm excited about that, I don't know. . . Maybe I just
      think it's kind of cool and romantic that Rodney and Jazz get to work
      together and stuff. . .

      I may have mentioned before how much I love Battle Royal matches. And
      this one was no exception. Jericho and Edge teamed up to
      eliminate Chuck Palumbo. They must have heard that I have a
      long-standing crush on the former F.B.I. member. . . Don't be jealous,
      guys! I love you best!

      Later on, Batista had Jericho down on the mat and was holding him there
      with a foot to the throat. Many people may believe that
      Jericho was screaming in pain but, according to my super secret
      (imaginary) backstage source who works in the wardrobe
      department, that wasn't the case at all. Apparently, Batista has such
      vile foot odor, it basically oozes out through his boots. Y2J was
      screaming because the stink vapors were suffocating him!

      I truly expected the Battle Royal to come down to Jericho vs. Edge for
      the number one contendership for a title shot at SummerSlam.
      However, I can't say I'm disappointed that it actually ended up being
      Jericho vs. Randy Orton. The end of that match couldn't have
      been more exciting if they had been wrestling on the ledge of a
      building, rather than the apron of the ring. I may not have been
      thrilled with the outcome, but I have to congratulate both men on an
      electrifying finish.

      Obviously, none of the Diva hopefuls understand what the term "verbally
      seduce" means. Hell, I'm a prude and *I* could have done a
      better job than ANY of them! Of course, being able to *see* me would
      undo any "seductivity" that my words may have accomplished,
      so nevermind. . .

      The "Big Daddy Kane" sign in the audience pissed me off. Not because
      it's not funny and creative, but because I actually thought of it
      several weeks ago and forgot to use it, myself. . .

      I'd comment on the main event, but I'm nobody's play-by-play man, so I
      won't. Suffice it to say, I thought the match was très exciting
      and, while I was a little surprised that Benoit won - as I had predicted
      to myself earlier in the evening that, if Randy Orton won the
      Battle Royal, Triple H would win the title so they'd have to face each
      other at SummerSlam - I was thoroughly pleased with the
      outcome. Both men put on a great show and. . .YAY! Eugene came back!
      He played his part to perfection. . .and those cool Band-Aids
      were the crowning touch!

      And, speaking of crowns. . . Nice use of the word "Gingerly," King! :D

      That's it for me, this week. Tawk to you again soon! Until then, be
      sure to visit my personal website, "Just Ginger" right here:
      http://www.geocities.com/gingerscolumn/just_ginger.html