    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2004

      | (_) | .` | |__ | || .` | _| Tuesday June 1st 2004

      If you're attending Smackdown! tonight please drop us some notes from
      the show. Thanks.

      Order the WWE Hall Of Fame DVD special - 6 hours of footage
      from http://www.wrestlingmegastore.com - Now Shipping

      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news

      > WWE ANNOUNCES SUMMERSLAM IN CANADA
      - At a press conference at the Air Canada Centre, WWE Chairman Vince
      McMahon announced that this year's SummerSlam will be taking place in
      Toronto. "Our fans in Canada are extremely passionate and that was one
      of the primary reasons we decided to bring SummerSlam to Toronto this
      year," said Mr. McMahon. "We expect the passion of our Canadian fans,
      combined with an outstanding line-up of Superstars, to translate into a
      tremendous world-wide Pay-Per-View event." Top WWE stars joined McMahon
      for the press conference. Deputy Mayor Mike Feldman, WWE Canada
      President Carl DeMarco and Richard Peddie, President and CEO of Maple
      Leaf Sports and Entertainment Ltd., were also present. Tickets for
      SummerSlam will go on sale on Saturday June 5 at 10AM.

      > STOCKS
      - Stocks closed the day at 12.63, a 4.04% increase over the previous
      closing. The day's range was 12.14 - 12.65.

      > NEWSPAPER LOOKS AT BROCK LESNAR
      - The Minnesota Star Tribune newspaper has a lengthy and interesting
      story on former WWE champion Brock Lesnar. Published on May 30th, the
      story reveals where Lesnar stands at the moment in his NFL career.
      Interesting to note is that the article states that Lesnar walked away
      from the final five years and about $45 million of his seven-year WWE
      contract while if he makes it in the NFL, as an active rookie he'll get
      a minimum of $230,000 a year while if he's relegated to just practice
      squad he'll get about $85,000! You can read it at

      > LIVE EVENT REPORT FROM MANCHESTER, ENGLAND
      - W-O Newsletter reader Rob Stock attended the live WWE event in
      Manchester, England this past Friday and sent in these results. Matt
      Hardy defeated Batista; The Hurricane & Rosey defeated La Resistance;
      Rhyno defeated Garrison Cade; Randy Orton defeated Shelton Benjamin;
      Shawn Michaels defeated Triple H; Chris Jericho defeated Tyson Tomko;
      Ric Flair defeated Edge; Victoria defeated Molly Holly and Lita; Chris
      Benoit defeated Kane. In other notes, Regal got in a brawl with Bischoff
      and Nitro during the show in a segment which also involved Stacy Keibler
      and Eugene. In the Flair/Edge match, Edge played the heel as he got the
      mic and dissed the fans. The crowd was totally behind Flair. Show lasted
      over three hours.

      > ROCK ON BYTE THIS!
      - The Rock will be on Byte This! this week as the special guest, his
      first appearance in a long, long time. The Hurricane will also make a
      call-in. The show airs every Thursday at 4PM EST on WWE.com. You can
      e-mail your questions to bytethis@... or call on 888-548-3993 to
      talk with either of the two Superstars.