    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2004

      | (_) | .` | |__ | || .` | _| Sunday May 30th 2004

      Mistake in the last newsletter, the two shows in Ireland where in Dublin
      and not one in Dublin and one in Belfast. My bad.

      Order the WWE Hall Of Fame DVD special - 6 hours of footage
      from http://www.wrestlingmegastore.com - Now Shipping

      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news

      > SMACKDOWN! RATING
      - Smackdown! once again did a 2.9 rating for Thursday's show, same as
      last week. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online by
      PWInsider.com)

      > JUDGMENT DAY BUYRATE
      - As expected, Judgment Day drew a pretty disappointing buyrate,
      actually the lowest PPV buyrate for WWE in three years. Headlined by
      Eddie Guerrero vs John 'Bradshaw' Layfield, the show did approximately
      200,000 buys which is around 175,000 buys down from 2002 and 100,000
      from last year. Way to go, Vince!

      > HUGE REVENUES FOR ENGLAND, IRELAND TOUR
      - It was a good week for the RAW brand, performing in front of packed
      houses in Ireland and England over the past four days. Bonuses will be
      nice for the Superstars who were part of this tour as all four events
      did big money, with Friday's event in Manchester drawing around $1
      million in ticket sales. The tour ended yesterday with a show in
      Birmingham.

      > WWE LAUNCH AUCTION SITE
      - WWE finally launched the Auctions page on their official site at
      auction.wwe.com . The concept started a couple of years ago and was
      successful, with people paying big money for once in a lifetime
      collectibles. Auctions, done eBay style, currently include items such as
      a torn RAW Triple H-worn shirt, autographed silver bikini from Victoria,
      autographed Ric Flair DVD, Shawn Michaels autographed replica belt and
      much more. No international bidders are currently accepted.

      > TICKETS ON SALE
      - Two shows went on sale over the weekend. Live Smackdown! brand event
      at the Tallahassee-Leon County Civic Center in Tallahassee, FL., on
      Monday June 21st and RAW brand live event in Salisbury, MD., at the
      Wicomico Civic Center on Sunday June 27th. For more ticket information
      check out the arena box office.

      >> KNIVES OUT
      By Ian Hamilton, [ian.hamilton@...]

      Okay, can someone tell me what the hell is going on here?

      Yeah, this is probably going to be out of date by the time you read
      this, but I need to get this off my chest.

      Ever since Victoria won the women's title in February, she's been unable
      to get over with the crowd. Sure, she's getting crowd pops, but if she
      was truly over, then why the hell is she changing her gimmick every damn
      week?

      When she beat Molly for the belt, Victoria was still the "slightly
      psychotic" b*tch she was when Stevie Richards was her partner in crime.
      Since then, she's split from Stevie, turned into a Michael Jackson
      wannabe (trying to kiss a kid every week on Raw). Then we had the
      transformation into a wannabe lap dancer. Now, that's evolved a step
      further with the dumping of the old tATu ring music, and some really
      crappy 90s dance BS.

      What was the point in giving Victoria the strap if they were going to
      have her do a load of gimmick changes? After all, this latest one isn't
      going to last very long - I can't see the WWE willing to lose a minute's
      TV time while Victoria does her 90s dance/lapdancing routine every time
      she enters the ring.

      While I'm talking about the women, can someone also tell me what the
      hell is up with SmackDown? The competitive women's wrestling division is
      on Raw, yet they insist on having the women fight on SmackDown almost
      every week. What for? There's no titles to be earned, and apart from
      one-off fights and programmes, there's no reason to have continual
      matches between glorified valets.

      - How long will it be before the WWE bites the bullet and does a run of
      TV shows, and/or a PPV in the UK? This past weekend's Raw "Tour of
      Defiance" was sold out in every building they were in, drawing an
      estimated $1m at the Manchester show alone. With some SmackDown shows
      struggling to bring in $50,000, I can't see why the WWE aren't making
      plans now.

      The WWE has booked both of the crews for dates in the UK in October. The
      success of those shows will be paramount to the future of the UK as a
      viable location for the WWE to do anything other than house shows.

      Near or actual sell-outs will make the WWE stand up and take notice, and
      hopefully have a PPV hosted here next year (or at the very least, TV
      tapings). Empty arenas, will put the UK back to square one.

      We've been ranting and raving about this for years. Now is our chance -
      the WWE has taken a leap of faith by booking both rosters outside the
      US. That in itself will cost them a lot of money for air fares, hotels
      and such like. Let's make sure we repay the WWE's faith, and hopefully
      snare the UK a big show in the near future.

      - Finally, a quick shill for my LiveJournal site. In the next few days,
      I shall be posting up some extended memoirs of the WrestleMania trip
      (although nothing too libellious). The link?
      http://www.livejournal.com/users/mackemman/

      Enjoy - and I'll be back in a week or so. Again, any W-O columnists
      interested in doing a Bad Blood roundtable on June 12 - get in touch
      with me this week!