    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 1998
      *TO UNSUBSCRIBE E-MAIL: wrestling-online-unsubscribe@... - ALL
      requests for unsubscribing, and e-mail change sent to the editor, will
      be completely IGNORED, so don't expect a reply.*

      .______________________________.
      | Saturday, October 31st, 1998 | W R E S T L I N G O N L I N E
      | | N E W S L E T T E R # 2 1 8
      | *Issue #218* |
      | | Wrestling-Online.com's Official Newsletter
      | Editor@... | Editor: Colin Vassallo
      |______________________________|
      | |
      | Total Subscribers: 6,971 | www.wrestling-online.com/newsletter
      |______________________________|

      Contents:

      1 i - Opening Words From The Editor

      2- World Wrestling Federation
      i - News & Rumors

      3- World Championship Wrestling
      i - News & Rumors

      4- Subscription Information
      i - Subscribe/Unsubscribe
      ii - E-mail Change

      ****** GET YOUR OWN "YOURNAME 3:16" T-SHIRTS FROM
      http://www.spcltees.com/316.html FOR JUST $10!!! DURABLE IMPRINT ON
      GREAT QUALITY HANES 50/50 HEAVYWEIGHT T-SHIRTS! SPCLTEES.COM - OFFICIAL
      MERCHANDISE MAKERS FOR WRESTLING-ONLINE.COM ******

      1 OPENING WORDS FROM THE EDITOR
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      By Colin Vassallo
      E-mail: Editor@...

      Well, here are the results from the magazine poll:

      No, I won't buy the magazine: 9.3%
      I will buy the magazine depending on the price: 48.8%
      Yes, I will buy the magazine: 26.8%
      Maybe I'll buy the magazine, I'm not sure: 15.1%

      Next Tuesday, I'm having a meeting with the printing company, I'll see
      from there what happens. I'll let you know on all the happenings.

      ==============
      ADVERTISEMENT:
      Go to http://www.reel.com/cgi-bin/reel.exe/WRON/welcome.html to buy ANY
      VHS videos and the newest DVDs! REEL.COM, the largest video store and
      CHEAPEST on the internet, providing videos to The Internet Movie
      Database, Mr. Showbiz, TV Guide, WebTV, Hollywood Online, Film.com, and
      a host of other sites.
      ==============

      ____ __ ______
      2 \ \ \ / \ / ____/
      \ \ \/ /\ \/ /___ WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION
      \ \ / \ / __/ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      \ \/ /\ \/ /
      \__/ \__/

      NEWS & RUMORS
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Wrestling-Online NewsStation
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/newsstation/

      - Weekend Ratings:

      - WWF Livewire - 1.8
      - WWF Shotgun Saturday Night - 1.6 [Record Rating]
      - WWF Superstars - 1.9
      - WWF Sunday Night Heat - 4.0 [Record Rating] (RWIN)

      - Many have already heard by now that Val Venis and Terri Runnels are
      expected to break-off their relationship over Terri being "pregnant." No
      word if Terri will go back to Goldust (Dustin Runnels), but Keller says
      Venis' new girl is weakly rumored to be porn star, Jenna Jameson. Indeed
      the rumors have started again, although some are saying Jenna has not
      even been considered to be offered a contract. When Venis first entered
      the WWF, he did a vignette with Jameson. (Joe De Leon)

      - Join Steve Austin and the WWF.com team on Tuesday, at 7PM EST for the
      official opening of stonecold.com, the new official website of Steve
      Austin.

      - Kevin Kelly reports that Mark Cantrebury of Southern Justice will have
      surgery to repair a herniated disc in his neck.

      - WWF House Show Results for 10/30 | From Tampa Bay, Florida | Results
      sent in by Tom Hoffman

      Gangrel & Edge vs. The Hardy Boys
      - Good match with Hardys dominating most of the time. Edge and Gangrel
      hit Matt Hardy with a spike Powerbomb for the win while Jeff Hardy was
      outside battling with Christian
      WINNERS- Gangrel & Edge via Spike Powerbomb

      European Title Match: X-Pac(c) vs. Jeff Jarett w/Debra
      - My favorite match of the night. It ended after Jarett tossed X-Pac out
      of the ring and for some reason he never came back in. He got counted
      out and the match was given to Jarett. Jeff got pissed because he didn't
      win the title and actually said "bullshit"! I was totally suprised
      because I didn't think the WWF could say that. Patterson came out and
      said that X-Pac must continue the match and if he was counted out again
      the belt would go to Jarett. Jarett killed him and when he went for the
      figure-four X-Pac rolled him up and took the win.
      WINNER- X-Pac via Roll-Up

      Intercontinental Title Match: Ken Shamrock(c) vs. The Rock
      - Very boring match in my opinion. The Rock dominated the entire time.
      After a irish-whip from Shamrock the Rock collided with the ref knocking
      him out. The Rock nailed Shamrock with the People's Elbow and the Rock
      Bottom but the ref was out during this time and couldn't count. A few
      minutes later the ref got up and The Rock hit a second Rock Bottom. He
      made the cover and the ref was at two but D-Lo and Henry made the save.
      WINNER- The Rock via DQ

      A Real Man's Match: Steven Regal vs. Faarooq
      - I was the only one cheering for Regal in the arena. He said that he
      was the only real man in the arena. Just a side note, his new gimmick is
      going to fail horribly if he can't lose his prissy accent. Anyway, good
      match with Regal hitting Faarooq with a suplex then pinning him with his
      feet on the ropes. It happened so fast I didn't even notice there was a
      winner until Regal was half-way up the ramp.
      WINNER- Steven Regal via Cheat Pin

      LOD 2000 vs. DOA w/Paul Ellering
      - Horrible match! several "Boring" chants started. Paul Ellering threw
      in his briefcase to Chains while 8-Ball was holding Animal. Chains
      attempted to hit Animal but he ducked and he nailed his brother. Hawk
      went for the pin and won.
      WINNERS- LOD 2000 via Briefcase

      Golga & Kurrgan vs. The Headbangers
      - Another garbage match. Thrasher pinned Golga when Mosh threw the
      Cartman doll into the
      entrance way and Kurrgan went to chase it. After the match Headbangers
      were annihilated after Golga hit his Vertical Splash.
      WINNERS- Headbangers

      The Godfather vs. Jose Castillo
      - This was such an awesome match! The Godfather came out and said that
      in Tampa there were some of the best ho's anywhere and that for a small
      fee Jose could have a limousine with two ho's. Jose accepted and began
      to walk toward the back but then he came running back and attacked the
      Godfather. Godfather killed Jose and won with a Pimp Drop! It was the
      first time he's used it to my knowledge! It's a Death Valley Driver but
      Saturn does it better.
      WINNER- The Godfather via Pimp Drop

      Tag-Team Title Match: The New Age Outlaws vs. D-Lo Brown & Mark Henry
      - Good match but they still had 50 minutes until the show was over an
      this was the second to last match so they dragged it on for awhile. The
      Nation attempted to leave 3 times and it took them 10 minutes to
      actually touch each other. Outlaws won after Billy pinned Henry. I can't
      remember what move he used.
      WINNERS- The New Age Outlaws

      Fatal Four Way(Brisco as special ref): Austin vs. Mankind vs. Kane vs.
      Undertaker w/Paul Bearer
      - Before the match Brisco told some fat ass bastard in the front row to
      leave the arena. A big security guy(Not Big Boss Man) came and took him
      backstage. I had no idea what this was about. The match itself was ok.
      Brisco of course refused to count Austin's pins. Austin threw him out of
      the ring. Austin then hit Kane with a Stunner and a new ref counted the
      three. Brisco came back in with and chair but Austin delivered a
      Stunner. Next the fat ass came running from the backstage and entered
      the ring. He gave a huge fat ass splash to Brisco. Patterson came from
      the back and attacked the fat ass but Austin got him with a Stunner.
      After that Austin, The Fat Ass, and the replacement ref shared a
      Steveweiser. I really hope that that fat man is a new wrestler, he was
      soooo fat and awesome. So if he ever shows up on Raw remember you heard
      it here first!

      - SUNDAY NIGHT HEAT PREVIEW!

      This Sunday night, HEAT will be LIVE from the Frank Erwin Center in
      Austin, Texas starting at 7/6C on the USA Network!

      Shane McMahon, son and heir apparent of the company, said on "BYTE THIS"
      that he plans to address the controversy concerning his father's
      possible resignation on HEAT this Sunday. However, he did say this
      situation has his status questionable and his chances of going to Texas
      as "fifty-fifty". What is his standing in the company? According to
      Shane, he spoke briefly with his mother, Linda, yesterday, but he has
      not talked to Vince since last Monday.

      ***The "Real Man's Man" Steven Regal will debut this Sunday night on
      HEAT! We've seen this superstar chop down trees, landscape and squeeze
      pulp from an orange--but what kind of manly display will he offer this
      Sunday?

      ***In a match pitting the Dark Side against the West Side, the
      Undertaker will battle the Godfather this Sunday! Will the Godfather
      make his offer to the Man from the Dark Side to take home his finest
      ho's? Better yet, would the Undertaker ACCEPT?!

      ***Two members of the Legion of Doom will be in action on HEAT! The
      question is, what combination of the three superstars will enter the
      ring? Will Hawk get the opportunity to compete, or will he once again
      remain the "alternate" while Droz and Animal combine their efforts?

      ***Finally, we'll get an update on the condition of Dan "The Beast"
      Severn this Sunday night on HEAT! Following his injury at the hands of
      Owen Hart, the No Holds Barred fighter has been under medical care.
      We'll get the latest on his progress!

      This Sunday night, CODE-RED will be live from HEAT in Austin, Texas.
      Kevin Kelly, Tom Prichard, Lucas and the rest of the crew will have the
      LATEST about Vince's announcement!

      __ __ ___ __ __
      3 \ \ /\ / // __\\ \ /\ / /
      \ \/ // /| | \ \/ // / WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
      \ // / | |___ \ // / ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      \/ \/ \___/ \/ \/

      NEWS & RUMORS
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Wrestling-Online NewsStation
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/newsstation/

      - Thanks to "astanley" for sending me this: "I bought Revenge on
      10\28\98 and have already got two hidden wrestlers. They are Curt Hennig
      who I got when I won the US Title with Kevin Nash and Kidman who I got
      when I won the Cruiserweight title with Chris Jericho."

      - Weekend Ratings:

      - WCW Saturday Night - 2.1
      - Goldberg vs. DDP from Havoc - 10.2 share [Record Rating]
      - Thunder (10/29) - 3.7 (3.5, 3.8) (RWIN)

      - WCW Hotline Report | Host: Gene Okerlund | Reports by The Flying
      Scotsman and The Seeker

      - Only 80% saw the whole Halloween Havoc show, so the only right thing
      to do was to show DDP/Goldberg. The expense of this cost Havoc a low
      buyrate, costing them millions.

      - There were writers from the LA Times, Playboy, and locals from Phoenix
      at Nitro.

      - Terry Bollea tells Gene Okerlund Paul Wight is gone, basically Mean
      Gene is being told by Hulk Hogan the Giant will be flying north for the
      winter, however rare that sounds.

      - Some say Wight's in the shadow of the Late Andre.

      - Talks about sell outs for WCW House Shows and Nitro's.

      - Sandman is on his way to WCW, gimmick and all.

      - Ron "Faarooq" Simmons is on hiatus to lose weight in the WWF.

      - Vader is gone from the WWF obviously, for those who didn't know, he
      could go whereever he wants now.... But not WCW and not New Japan, who
      are in association with WCW.

      - WCW House Shows start back up Friday in LA, which is the same state
      ECW will be doing it's November to Remember from. They'll be in such
      cities as Baton Rouge.

      - Nitro will be from the National Car Arena. Nice name.

      - Likes Judy Bagwell, who is standing up for her son.

      - Jesse Ventura is going for the governor of Minnesota; Gene isn't a
      registered voter for Minnesota, so there's nothing he can do... wishes
      the Body the best of luck.

      - He hears from dirt sheets and news websites that the British Bulldog
      and Jim Neidhart are history. However, no confirmation on it from the
      front office.

      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

      E-MAIL CHANGE
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      If you are changing e-mails, first Unsubscribe your current e-mail
      address, then subscribe again with your new e-mail.

      NOTE: ALL requests for unsubscribing, subscribing and e-mail change sent
      to the editor, will be completely IGNORED. The mailing list manager we
      use is automatic and it will subscibe/unsubscribe you in a matter of
      seconds. An e-mail to confirm your request will be sent to you
      immidiatley after you completed your request.

      The editor can be reached at Editor@...

      Copyright 1996-1998 Wrestling-Online