    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2003
      Largest selection of WWE JAKKS figures - www.WrestlingSuperstore.com

      | (_) | .` | |__ | || .` | _| Friday January 10th 2003

      If you're going to the weekend live events....you know what we want! :)
      Especially Sunday since it's a Smackdown! taping. Thanks.

      Tomorrow's issue might go out early, for a change!

      Laters.

      Post your comments/feedback on the news at our new Reader's Forum at
      http://www.wrestling-online.com/fanboard
      In a 384 hardcover book, wrestling legend Jerry 'The King' Lawler
      reveals all in his new autobiography titled 'It's Good To Be The
      King...Sometimes.' Lawler details his illustrious wrestling career
      from his early days in Memphis, to his much publicized feud with
      comedian Andy Kaufman, his journey in WWE, the divorce from Stacy
      'The Kat' Carter and many more! Get the book now for just $18.20
      from HTTP://WWW.WRESTLINGMEGASTORE.COM

      http://www.wrestling-online.com/news

      > MCMAHON MEETS GOLDBERG
      - Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer reported today that Vince
      McMahon and Bill Goldberg met for the first time face to face on
      Wednesday in Los Angeles at a hotel. Meltzer says that no deal has been
      reached but negotiations are ongoing to get the former WCW champion on
      the WWE roster. WWE officials hope that a deal will be reached by
      WrestleMania. On a recent radio show, The Rock revealed that plans are
      ongoing for him to wrestle Goldberg at this year's mega pay-per-view.
      Goldberg acknowledged the negotiations in an interview on his official
      website but said that several obstacles have to be cleared out before he
      can reach an agreement.

      > RAW X AWARDS REVEALED
      - The following awards will be handed out during the RAW Tenth
      Anniversary Special this coming Tuesday on TNN. 'RAW Superstar Of The
      Decade,' 'RAW Diva Of The Decade,' 'Shut Up And Kiss Me, On-Screen
      Romances,' 'RAW's Greatest Matches,' 'Don't Do This At Home, Crazy
      Moves,' 'Give Me The Mic, Funny Promos, Lines, Reactions,' 'Tell Me I
      Did Not Just See That, Shocking RAW Moments,' 'Network Difficulties,
      Edgy Moments You Never Thought You'd See On TV,' 'Fans Decide RAW's
      Greatest Moment'.

      > RATINGS
      - Smackdown! received a 3.4 rating with a 5.0 share, same number as last
      week. (Ratings compiled by Nielsen Media Research and put online by
      1wrestling.com)

      > OFF AIR NOTES FROM SMACKDOWN!
      - W-O Newsletter reader Melanie Granger attended the Smackdown! tapings
      in Tucson, AZ., on Tuesday and sent in these notes. During commercial
      breaks, John Cena and Bill DeMott appeared on the screens and badmouth
      Tucson, making sure they get more heel heat when it's time to hit the
      ring. First Cena said that Tucson is a hell hole and later appeared for
      the second time saying that there are too many hispanics in Tucson and
      can't afford tickets to the show because they spent it all on beans and
      rice! DeMott appeared bashing the U of A basketball team which got him
      major heat. Also the second F5 on A-Train was cut from the show, where
      A-Train landed on his head in one scary moment. A-Train remained on the
      mat for a long time as officials rushed to help him.

      > TNN REBRANDING, USA NETWORK OFFICIAL COMMENTS ON WWE
      - In a recent article that was printed by Reuters, it was reported that
      TNN will have a new President, a newly created title for the cable
      network who will replace TNN's Executive VP and General Manager. With
      the change also comes a new type of branding, "television's first
      entertainment network for men." With the help of WWE RAW, Star Trek and
      CSI and other original series, TNN officials hope to be to men what
      rival cable channel Lifetime is to women. However with RAW down 17% in
      households over the previous year, the article states that wrestling may
      not be the ideal program to build on. USA Network President Doug Herzog
      said that USA - former home of WWE TV - had one of the biggest hits in
      cable for many years with WWE, but found it impossible to build upon it.
      He said that the wrestling audience is very particular, they come only
      for wrestling and aren't interested in anything else on the channel.

      > NO REGRETS FOR HOLLY FOR HIS TOUGH ENOUGH INCIDENT
      - During yesterday's Tough Enough broadcast, Hardcore Bob Holly beat the
      holy hell out of one of the finalists, Matt during a wrestling match.
      Matt suffered a horrible black eye, was busted up and his chest was red
      hot after those hard chops. "He was crying over a black eye and bruises
      on his chest from when I chopped him. This isn't ballet," said Holly
      during an interview with WWE.COM. In a business where the first
      objective is the protect your opponent from getting seriously hurt, Bob
      'Hardcore' Holly showed his true colors on the show, and continued to
      badmouth the Tough Enough III contestants, calling them crybabies during
      an interview with WWE.COM. You can read it at
      http://www.wwe.com/news/headlines/1204736